BeautyHacker

First time rhinoplasty advice

F4F88D00-5CF0-4141-A794-561A7F273CF5.jpeg94D93B2E-A92C-4083-BCFF-239C0FC47F37.jpeg18E6EC66-FB4B-4AF9-9274-71BD96BC18D3.jpeg Hi everyone! I’m very new to this forum so I need some help. I’m trying to create a list of clinics to possibly visit for a consultation. Does everyone go months before their surgery and then schedule and come back later? For those first timers, who would be recommended if you had a hooked nose/ hump nose? I attached my face pictures for advice. Thank you.

Hello! Lol, your nose reminds me of mine, a hump nose. I have a bulbous tip though, can’t really tell from yours.

Anyway, you can just go for consultation and do the surgery a day or two later, you don’t necessarily have to come back again. For myself, I just came back from Korea and consulted with a few clinics. I couldn’t do the rhino surgery this time as I had another surgery planned. Hopefully I can go back a few months later :smile:

From your pictures, your bridge looks really high. I have a high bridge too and I asked the doctor if I could have rhinoplasty without an implant and they all told me I could. The downside is my nose wouldn’t be very smooth to touch without a silicon implant. Your nose base looks very nice, with kidney bean nostrils (the ideal shape vs the not so desirable “round” shape).

Based on what the Korean doctors recommended me and given our similar nose shapes, you wouldn’t need alarplasty. I would recommend a tip plasty to lift your nose tip (it’s pointing downwards, like mine). Osteotomy to remove the hump. Silicon implant for your bridge is up to your preference. All the best!

Thank you so much for your reply. Who did you end up going with if you don’t mind me asking. When is your surgery? You can pm me if you don’t want to post here

Welcome! There are some great results on this forum for first-time noses especially! Some that come to mind are View plastic surgery--see @Sarahdomm's thread with her many after pictures, Dream (Dr. Park does closed rhinos), Trend's Dr. Lee (see pics from @lolipop32Swiss), and there are many others, including PS101's Dr. Paik where I had my own revision rhinoplasty. All of these are fair prices as well with no high-pressure selling. Good luck!

Hi Christi, welcome to the forum. I suggest looking up hospital or clinics websites to see their B&As and information, and then searching around for more personal experiences here or on other review websites, as well as contacting the clinics for online consultations over email ir chat. I recall seeing a large directory of clinics on one of Korea's government agency homepages.

Here are a couple clinics off the top of my head for rhinoplasty:
Banobagi, Top Class, DA, View, TL, Marble, Garosu, GNG, Item, Idea, Opera, Namu, Gyalumham, JK, JW, Trend, MVP, Braun, Baum, Hanabi, Cinderella, Regen, SM, Wonjin & Dream.

Could you tell us more about what you’d prefer in a clinic? That’d help out in making suggestions a lot. For example:
Big hospital or small clinic?
Dramatic nose style or natural nose style?
What are your biggest values - cost, years in business, etc?
General or local anethesia?

Also, when are you going to Asia? Some times are busier than others and that can make a big difference in scheduling your appt, though big hospitals are better equipped to handle that.

Do you always recommend the same dr because you had a good experience or?

Out of all those clinics... I would exclude... Banobabi, Regen, Wonjin, and Dream....

Well, i had fc done there too, no feeling on the right side of my chin and lip.

Not worth it at ALL

Thank you for your reply. I don’t mind if it’s a big or small clinic. I am looking for a natural natural nose, nothing dramatic at all. I honestly don’t know the difference in anesthesia either so i can’t answer that haha. What’s more important to me is that I’ll be safe and I won’t get a butchered pig, or ugly nose. Like I said, this is my first surgery!