BeautyHacker

Korean PS Secrets/Advice

Purseforum seems to be one of the largest gatherings of Korean plastic surgery enthusiasts on the web (at least the largest I've ever seen.) There is such a massive amount of information being stored here and I don't quite think it's being regulated/organized as properly as it should be.

Plastic surgery clinics (not just Korean clinics) get away with A LOT due to lax laws and the amount of horror stories I've seen crop up here alone is unacceptable. There has to be a better way to protect patients.

And while reading reviews on Purseforum and Realself might seem like a good idea, there are several reasons why that alone usually isn't enough for somebody to make an informed decision about which doctors/clinics to trust.

In all honesty, I wish the Asian Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Procedures forum had a PINNED post detailing the basics and red flags you should look out for while beginning your Korean PS journey. Some of our most informative threads are hidden under piles of fake reviews from clinic staff. :sad: That being said, I'll probably contact an admin about implementing this.

Some things I wish we could cover in the pinned post:

Clinic Before & After: Most before and after shots that clinics post on social media are heavily photo-shopped. A lot of people don't realize this (and it may seem obvious) but we should constantly address it. My "after" shots at Regen were taken when I was 2 weeks in and heavily swollen. I have no idea how they intend to use those (I looked ridiculous lmao) but if it ends up on their websites, please note that it's been warped and airbrushed to hell and back. I'm assuming this is the case with many other patients.

"Real" Reviews: There are a fair share of reviews on this forum written by promoters or clinic staff. It's undeniable. Perhaps there could be an easy verification process for making sure the review is being written by the patient rather than staff? (When I agreed to review my own procedures with REGEN they told me they could "write my review" if I felt lazy and that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. )

DocfinderKorea: This service is promoted everywhere and I don't think Korean PS babies (my gentle word for "newbs" lol) understand that they can easily navigate Korea without it. Korea is very accommodating to foreigners. The street signs, trains, and menus tend to all be in English/Chinese. There are English map apps (Kakaomap) if you need help getting around by GPS! And a lot of Korean residents are multi-lingual. And if most clinics offer translation, transportation, laser treatments, etc. by default without paying extra. It's also pretty well-known that DocfinderKorea directs folks to major factory clinics (clinics you should probably avoid) like ID and Cinderella without paying attention to a customer's individual needs. I don't know if that's because they have a partnership with them or what but it's fishy. Either way, it's just not worth it to pay extra for something you're already going to get for free.

BlackListed Clinics: To be honest, there are only about a handful of clinics that can be blacklisted with substantial proof of malpractice. ID, Cinderella, Wonjin, and GNG, and YKPS. The patients stories are here on our own forums. But if -anybody- has any proof of malpractice or downright garbage work by a surgeon, there should be a PINNED list of links directing forum users to those stories (with poster consent, of course)

Facial Sagging: A lot of people come here for V-line or Zygoma work. That's a Korean PS specialty. When I had my consultations in Korea, facial sagging (drooping skin from loss of bone mass) was not covered. Sometimes doctors will bring it up, but it seems to be brushed over. THIS IS NOT A LIGHT ISSUE. Facial sagging will happen more likely than not, and you have to have cash set aside for face-lift procedure if in fact it happens to you. Otherwise you'll look aged. I don't think this is made obvious enough and there needs to be a PINNED POST.

If anybody can think of any other important topics that need to be brought up, you can post em' here. I'm just really sad that all this crucial information is being completely buried.

OTHER IMPORTANT THREADS:
# href="#" class="internalLink"># href="#" class="internalLink">#

I do appreciate the idea of organizing content. If you want to, you could create a blog or separate website where you link useful TPF threads.

It's unlikely that a mod here will pin a post with content like what you wrote above because it may increase their liability and legal risk associated with being a publisher or distributor of online content. As they are now, their liability for the stuff users write on the board is limited. If a mod though, who acts as a representative of the board itself, starts pinning and posting content, it is more and more likely that they can be held responsible in a court of law for that content.

This is especially risky for TPF with the content in the Asian PS subforum, which is subjective and arguably defamatory. Brokers (independent ones and agency ones) are an example of this. The popular opinion at the moment is against using brokers, but there is nothing illegal about their business, many people see a benefit to paying for their services, so certain aggressive statements about specific brokers really push the envelope with potential defamation claims.

I heard K Couture is agency, broker or illigal broker.

But does that really matter? She never really gave a list of clinics you HAVE to visit. Rather she wrote detailed guides.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I mean if they are, they're one of the few on here that's been really transparent/open about the truths of the cosmetic surgery process. But I've never seen them push toward any particular clinic and a lot of what they post seems genuinely sincere (and based off of personal experience) as they are constantly available to answer personal questions. I don't think I agree.

Making a separate page seems like a good alternative option if a pinned post doesn't work. (I'm savvy in this field so I could probably try it lol) Everything is just so scattered and it'd be lovely to have everything compiled on one space. Thank you for the suggestion.

K Couture never recommends a specific clinic for others. She just mentioned that she did some procedures at Dream. But then she refuses to say where she did BA. So even if she is an agent (which I doubt), she doesn't mislead people.

Personally, I disagree with some of her advice (like ignoring a surgeon's style) but she has helped us PS newbies a lot

@buyis, I don't even know where you got the idea. K Couture's posts are really educational for me. She does not push any Doctor or clinic or procedure. Her wisdom and experience guided me and her terminologies are the starting point of my research.

You are soooooooo wrong! She is a legitimate Aussie girl (Australian like me) who has had many, many surgeries and has had the grace to share her experience and knowledge. A few Purse Forumers have met her in person. She's had many botch procedures and luckily she's also had great success with revisions and other primary surgeries. Miss Orange will vouch for her as well as myself and DannyTheDragon. Her input is invaluable and she does not promote any clinics but she will tell you stay away from any dodgy clinics that she's aware of. Both KCouture and myself have been posting since the early 2010. She has her own business and is currently working in Amsterdam. You don't have to follow her at all, that's your choice and loss.

BuyIs I am curious. You ONLY joined April 2018 and 17 posts (mostly asking questions and not sharing anything) and YET. You claimed to have “heard” that KCouture is a promoter/agent/illegal broker? As you can see most people who have responded to your accusation tell you “no, not true”. And yet somehow you have managed 10 weeks or so of being a member to have gained the confidence of forummers to tell you such unfounded gossip?? How is she brokering? If she mentions clinics they are the ones she’s had surgery at. And furthermore the clinics are in Thailand, Los Angeles, Melbourne in Australia and Dream in Seoul and Apgujeong. She also sent her mother to Dream for her facelift. So how is she promoting or brokering, pray tell?

100% agree. I used to be a total PS noob, and when I became a silent lurker on PF months ago I was confused by the sheer amount of content. I have no idea which info is accurate. K Couture's posts have really helped me filter the truth from the gimmicks