BeautyHacker

Dermatology Review: You&I (MyeongDong)

It has been awhile since i wrote another review. I recently had a great experience with this dermatology clinic and i thought i want to share some of my excellent experience with the community.

BACKSTORY:
This trip was a short trip, i only spent 5 days in Seoul in search of skin treatments. I am in my mid 20s, so i didnt want to do skin treatments that are too intensive. i have narrowed down to Intracel & PRP facial injection. I wanted to do my first treatment on my first day of arrival but i arrived on a Saturday evening. Most clinics are closed on Sundays, this is when i chanced upon this forum and read someone recommend You&I. I went to their website and their MyeongDong store is open on sunday, even with a Mandarin translator!

PRICE:
Their special for the month was "Intracel + Fraxel + Multi-Growth Factor (MFG) + Recovery Mask" at a price of 300,000 Won, roughly 300USD!! Last month special was without the MFG at a price of 250USD. Intracel is a Korean innovation, so i definitely want to try it when im in Seoul! I also got Jaw botox (Korean brand) at 30USD, it was really cheap omg.

Oh and the best thing is, they have VAT tax refund!!

LANGUAGE:
I am not able to speak korean, they can be reached via Kakao which i initially googled-translated conversed with them. I suggest going through their website, translate the page via google, and select the procedure you want. since i am not able to speak korean, an online diagnosis is not possible. It was easy to arrange an appointment and tell them i wanted the "Intracel + Fraxel" package simply via google-translated sentences (of course, keep it short and simple).

The korean counterpart also directed me to the Mandarin translator (they are koreans that learnt Mandarin) via their WeChat account. I wish to highlight that the consultants were really patient and kind, after the treatments they also messaged me to ask about my condition. they were definitely responsive! Upon arrival, The mandarin consultant also assisted me throughout the whole process from doctor's consultation to price discussion and towards the actual treatment itself.

TREATMENT:
I was given a shot of painkiller on my bum, as well as 20mins of topical numbing cream, both are included in the price package. I have allergies to Aspirin so it is important for yall to sound out if you have any sort of reaction to painkillers. The doctor (I didnt remember her name, i believe was Dr. KIm) was kind enough to give me a shot of steroid on my pimple, for free. She proceeded with Intracel, which was quite painful on its own. The Intracel machine looks very unassuming, but i can feel the needles stapled and penetrated right into the dermis layer of my skin. Then, i thought the Fraxel laser was better, but i it really hurt even more, especially when intracel made the skin raw. It felt like fire crackers lighting on my skin. The 2 painful procedure takes around 15-20minutes and i was having cold sweat. After that, she applied a layer of MFG serum and i was placed with a cold recovery mask. Initially it thought the MFG was an injection multiple shot into my dermis, but it was simply topical application.

My face was pulsating and felt very warm, but thankfully i brought an electronic fan with me. The mask stayed on me for around 20mins and i am ready to be discharged. The fraxel laser left conspicuous "track" markings on my skin which subsequently peeled off after a week. This first week is important to spam lots of sunblock and do post-recovery masks at home, For which i religiously used Thayer's Unscented toner and soak it into my own DIY mask. I like those packeted sheet masks selling along the streets of Seoul, but they are nonetheless packed with lots of fragrances and chemicals (stabilisers), so i thought i wanted to make my own post-recovery mask that is more organic. I must say, masking twice a day (after breakfast and before bedtime) SERIOUSLY aided in my healing despite Seoul's summer heat.

Overall, what stood out for me was the price, post-service and the professionalism of the clinic, perhaps because i was the last customer for the day (it wasn't too busy in the clinic). After 2 weeks, back in my country, i am acne-free (to begin with i only had 1-2 pimples prior to the treatment) and have a subtle radiance on my skin. Despite the pain, upon looking at my current skin situation, i would definitely go for it again when i'm in seoul.

p.s. i only did this package, they dont do PRP injections at any of their clinics.

TIPS/SUMMARY:
1) Google translate using simple sentences
2) Make an appointment around 5PM, so that the sun will be down after you are done with your treatment.
3) Bring your own organic mask, refrigerated COLD
4) bring an electronic fan

Yes, their prices are, 2cc for 390,000Won. thats all i am aware of. i did consider Rejuran healer, but from what i have researched, it may not be effective if you were to do it one-time only. Rejuran healers cost triple the amount back at my home country which i am not willing to pay. Hence i opt for PRP, something more organic, and way more cheaper. i did not do PRP with You& I as they did not offer it.

Oh, if you want to do rejuran healer, i also recommend ToxnFill Clinic Gangnam where they are priced at 2CC for 350,000 won. They have more selection of injections and treatments, also with VAT refunds. I did treatments at ToxnFill before, but they are more of a "factory" and they dont really bother about after treatments. Basically there is no after-treatment services, but good prices with legitimate doctors.

Thank you for your speedy reply!
My daughter and I had Rejuran done @ Fresh last April, and it cost $600 Us each. I knew the price was hefty but I still went for it because of the sedation. Woke up after 30' nap. I didn't want any pain or "feel" the needles. Most Clinics out there done Rejuran with numbing cream.
I have to admit that Rejuran did help both of us ( short time), but did help my daughter acne scar lightly faded. I will be in K next month , totally considere those clinics that you recommended and will get 2 sessions within 3 weeks staying.
When you mentioned PRP, you mean PRP Fat Graf?? Please explain.

i think its great to have Rejuran in Seoul, all Rejurans are made in korea anyway. Its like going to Paris to buy LV & Hermes. But the mechanism for Rejuran to work effectively require the patient to have the treatment quarterly. U are paying $600/person (assuming its 2CC) in which sedation is included in this price. To be very honest, i will NEVER undergo sedation or even G.A. just for skin treatments. DOnt you think its abit too much? The amount of stress your body goes through sedation just to do skin treatment is not worth it at all, it damages your immune system. & Its contradictory to do skintreatment at the expense of one's health.

in hindsight, i assume your threshold for pain is very low, and i would think that these treatments i mentioned would be extremely painful for you. Having intracel + Fraxel was painful even with topical numbing cream and a shot of painkillers on my butt. Having multiple PRP injection shots into my face was the icing on top of the cake, it felt like my cat giving a good scratch on my face for 30 times.

PRP (platelets rich plasma) are growth factors that is segregated by spinning your own blood in the centrifuge. Then, injected back into the skin. u can do a quick google on it. Kim Kardashian coin it as "vampire facial" or "Blood facial". in my opinion, its the most organic skin treatment to consider, if you are against injecting foreign growth factors (hyaluronic/collagen/salmon DNA/Rejuran/Botox).

Doctors usually combine Fat Graft with PRP to help in your recovery.

Agreed with you on Rejuran with sedation is a bit much , but that was decided after another procedure. I didn’t want to deal with the pain:smile: I will bring my own numbing cream for the next injection. All PRP FG leave such s monster face for weeks. But if people have enough time then it should be good. Will check the clinics that you suggested .
Thank you for your feedback!

• 6 months later...
Hi all,
I had such unpleasant experience with this clinic. I made a few visits 3 months ago because my Korean friend recommended this place, I wasted a lot of money (around 800k won), had no benefits because the doctor (although she was so kind) didn't analyse my skin plus now I want to get rid of this lip filler because I look like a duck. Just keep in mind that this is a chain clinic and not all the doctors meet your needs. I recommend you to go to a smaller clinic if you need a good consultation and don't know what to have on your face.

• 2 weeks later...
sorry to hear such unpleasant experiences! i think skin treatments are mostly safe, since they depend largely on the machines rather than the ambiguity of the substances they inject.

Actually, the safety of the machine depends on the experience of the operator, everything should be adjusted for the candidates skin type. If the operator is inexperienced its very easy to cause irreparable damage. For example, asians have thicker skin than most so when doing laser treatments its important they adjust intensity and frequency of the machine to asian skin otherwise the treatment is too strong and will damage the skin or ineffective.