BeautyHacker

Double eyelid revision surgery

Hi,
I’m new to this forum. I’m headed to Seoul for 2 weeks at the beginning of May and I’m looking for some advice as to where to get double eyelid revision surgery. I originally had double eyelid surgery in 2014 in the US, but the surgeon didn’t do a good job and now my eyelids are uneven.

I’m looking for some advice on where to get the revision done in Seoul. Any guidance is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Hi, how about BIO Plastic Surgery Clinic?
Although I only had my ear surgery done with 1 of the doctor there (Dr. Park Chul, previously work at Anam Hospital) but I heard he joined BIO Plastic Surgery Clinic and every doctor in there have more than 20 years of experience in eyelid revision and other surgeries.
Maybe you can try to consult with them ^^

Agree with wondermuffin. Smaller clinics are usually more trusted by local people. I just checked Secret. Seems they are specializing in breast surgery? I'm local myself but been living in SG since I was 14. I'm interested in doing non-incision double eyelid surgery and my friend recommended Seoulista or Wannabe to me. I searched about their doctors and Dr. Jang from Wannabe seems good for eye surgery. I think he specializes in lower eye fat re-positioning surgery.

Thanks for the advice! Opera is one of the ones on my list. I’m also considering Shinseung, MVP, and Cinderella. I had been considering Wonjin and GNG, but after reading reviews on this forum regarding those clinics, I’m a bit hesitant to get surgery there.

Any honest opinions or reviews are greatly appreciated! I’m hoping this revision will be the last surgery I need.

Where did you get your des in the US? If youre already from the US wouldnt it be cheaper to do it there again instead of korea since they inflate their prices specially if yours is revision? Theres one called chase lay in san jose CA and he specializes in asian eyelid surgery, maybe u should check him out on instagram

I got my eyelids done in Philadelphia, PA. I’m planning to get them done in Korea since I already have plans to visit my recently reunited birth family there in May. Also, I figure that they should do a better job there since it’s a pretty standard and common procedure in Korea.

Well thats what i thought too but they didnt do my sutures that well so theres like 3 visible dots on my eyelid (non incision ofc) but the shape is great. That makes sense then ure going there anyways, good luck.

Hi SakuraHyuuga,

have you decided which clinic to go? I'm planning to go to Korea in the middle of November for double eyelid surgery and this my first time doing it. But I don't know which clinic to choose.

Hi Saka18, I’ve narrowed it down to a handful, but I’ve made sure to schedule in-person consultations. From what I’ve read on this forum, you shouldn’t put down a deposit with one clinic since you really need to get a feel for the clinics you’re considering in-person. I was about to put down a deposit with Wonjin, but then my mom told me to make sure I did my research. I then found this site and I’m so glad my mom told me to research, especially since it seems like Wonjin is blacklisted. I’d definitely book several in-person consultations like people on this forum recommended. Best of luck!

Got it. Thank you so much for your time.

This is what I read from the other posting. Hope that can help you.
I’m thinking of doing a revision too and wish you the best in your revision.

lemmetellu said:
Hi everyone,

I recently got a non-incisional double eyelid surgery with epicanthoplasty in Seoul. I researched A LOT on English and Korean sites to get an overview of what the situation is like. I just wanted to give back to PurseForum by giving my thoughts as I was a silent reader all throughout the process.

One thing is for sure: The clinics that are recommended by foreigners and the clinics recommended by Koreans are WAY different.

Anyway, I came up with a list of clinics to visit for consultation based on three things:
1. Recommendations from family and friends (I have doctors in the family who work in Korea)
2. Korean blogs/cafe/website recommendations (tons of Naver cafes, etc.)
3. English blogs/website recommendations (like here, Soompi, etc.)

I know some people were recommending the two Korean apps for plastic surgery, but I would NOT recommend them. They are well known to be almost 90% ads and posts from clinics. I would probably only use them for the discounts/cheaper prices. Korean cafes are also rife with ads, but I mostly just searched re-confirmed my lists through some of the comments or whatever.

I won't write down the list of all the clinics I had on my list at one point, but I made appointments to visit 5 clinics on one day (they were available on short notice- I literally called them the day before and they all squeezed me in, or so they say).

1. Shinseung- famous for revisional DES
2. MVP (solely because of PurseForum and I was curious how different the clinic would be compared to Korean recommend places)
3. Ive Plastic Surgery- recommended by my uncle, who is also a plastic surgeon. I didn't want to get the surgery from a family member. haha. Also, recommended on Korean cafes
4. Oscar- from Korean cafe recommendation
5. Gangnam June Clinic- from Korean cafe recommendation as really good at natural eyes

Its like trying to hide a pimple bump. Its still going to be visible