• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It looks amazing! Thank you for sharing your experience! Also, I was wondering if you had any scarring from open rhino? Either from your previous surgeries or this recent one .How long did it take for it to fade? Did you use any scar cream to help, etc?

Agree. Yes SK is far better than even the US. However, I do disagree with your comment that "over a decade ago, Asian rhino in Aust was unheard of". My Asian friends had their noses done back in the 1970's before you were born, probably. The results were quite good but they went to the best. Off the top of my head in Sydney for nose jobs would be: (LOL a Korean doctor) Dr Andrew Kim,
But again I do believe SK is far more skilled.

• 1 month later...
Nope scarring is minimal now no keloid or bumps. It's becoming a slight wrinkle at the columella and easily covered with abit of powdered foundation. It's been 3.5 months now and I still apply dermascar gel to the area of my columella and rib donar site. Maybe it took about 2 months for scarring to fade. But by 1 month its easily covered with foundation.

Well I'm born in the 80s and grew up in Australia all my life, so I've seen few aunties with them noses looking real obvious. All in all this is my personal opinion and my observation through first-hand experience of having undergone three rhinos (unfortunately), two of them here. I believe that augmentation is highly dependant on the skill of the surgeon. Competent skills are accumulated by practising on many available patients and ability to refine their art over time. Asians were a minority back in the 1980s. Leading me to believe there would be fewer available patient numbers to finesse the art of asian rhinoplasty in Australia. Most patients would have been western patients looking to make their nose smaller or to fix a broken nose due to trauma or injury. Asian rhinoplasty is a challenge in itself because the nose must balance with the rest of the asian facial features and structure, otherwise it will look so obvious. Not to say though I have seen some rhinos done in China or Korea where it became too pointy for a flat asian face. My Sydney surgeon failed to account for this and hence I was dissatisfied for over a decade.

One of the best surgeons in the world is Toriumi based in Chicago USA but he charges an arm and leg. Plus the tonne of bad reviews made it sound like a gamble.

At the end of the day a surgeon can make or break you, I would be highly cautious about who does your surgery and that goes for any surgery.

Thank you !^^. I am living in HK, and it just takes 3hours from HK to KR. So, this time will be "revision surgery consultation journey". After that, i will pick my revision surgery doctor. I appointed Dr. Jin, but also vip, jw, and 2 more doctors. Now, I got problem with silicone since i did it in Korea late of 2016. So this time, have to be my last surgery. And your review made my decision to have consultation with Dr. Jin. :smile: Thank you again ~

I love Hong Kong! I sincerely hope its your last rhinoplasty. I totally understand what you are going through. Dr Jin has removed heaps of silicon and medpor and equally important he can recreate a better looking nose using your own cartilage with minimal or no pain. In my case - I am still shocked I felt no pain immediately after the rib rhinoplasty!

Hope to give you guys my update at 6-months in Feb.

• 1 month later...
Hi Winkyhk -

Did you by any chance consult and or have your surgery ? I’d love to find out where you decided on ...

• 1 month later...
IMG_0770.JPG IMG_0662.JPG As promised, my 6-months post op. My bridge feels like it has thinned out some more and come down a little (maybe by 1mm?). I love it though!! I must admit the post op photos between before and 5-weeks post op don't show much difference in frontal view but at 6-months its definitely obvious. I sometimes wear light makeup to contour the bridge and it looks really good. My tip still has its swelling fluctuations but the amount of swelling in the nose has reduced and is noticeable from the first month. My tip is beginning to look more refined and upturned which I love.

I will probably do another review at 12 months. In the meantime good luck to you guys! I hope this has helped you in some ways :smile::heart:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Hi. I am new here but read blog after searching for reviews on Dr. Jin. I am thinking about scheduling a consult with him online as I live in the U.S. I am Caucasian, mostly Italian and had a rather large nose (large hump and bulbous tip). I had a primary over 15 years ago and 2 revisions about 10 years ago; none of which went well. I am not sure if Dr. Jin is right for me, being Caucasian with a larger nose. His work looks phenomenal tho. I did consult with several U.S. doctors and decided to go with Dr. Davis in South Florida. The fee is HUGE but it's my face and worth it to me. I don't want to ever go thru this again and I am so looking forward to having some confidence and not hating my face. It's just going to take me FOREVER to save that money. Anyway, I came across Dr. Jin on a blog and have been looking into him ever since. I found your blog and was blown away at the time you took into your entire journey. Do you mind offering me any advise or your thoughts on someone like me being under the care of Dr. Jin. Thank you!!!