BeautyHacker

Terrible experience at Premier

I just got a rhinoplasty revision at Premier. I've had my share of work done and by far, this is the absolute worst. Come here if you want to feel forgotten as one of many in a huge factory.

In hindsight, I should have seen the warning signs. They are a small clinic operating like they are a huge one.

1. They tend to overbook consultations and surgeries
  • I found out about Premier last minute and called the morning of to schedule an consultation. A lot of other places I had called before (Eight, Cowell, Natural Face) couldn't fit me for a same day consultation. I was able to get a consultation with Premier the same day, but the talk with the doctor (Dr. Jang) felt rushed especially since she had a timer going on in the back. I saw her running to the surgery room and heard nurses saying they didn't know Dr. Jang had a last minute eye surgery scheduled.
  • They don't have enough recovery rooms so they need a fast turnover for the beds. When I was being prepped for my surgery, my friend and I heard a Chinese patient moan that she was cold and nauseous while being hauled out of the bed and told to get dressed. In my experience, nurses are very facilitating and have gone as far as to get my bag/shoes for me or help me get dressed if I am unsteady on my feet. Not here. My friend speaks some Chinese and says the staff and translator were very cold.
  • Usually before surgery, most patients have a long conversation with the surgeon to describe their "ideal" design, even showing pictures they brought. I was only able to speak to Dr. Jang about 1 minute on the surgery table after I was fully prepped (arm restraints and all). Can't show pictures because no cell phones allowed. She came in with blood of another patient splattered on her scrubs.
  • During my treatment yesterday, the nurse said, "You have sterilized pincers at home right? Take out the cotton balls in your nostrils at home tomorrow." Who has pincers lying around?! I absolutely refused to until they booked me a time slot to come in.
2. Unfeeling & unorganized staff
  • My mom called when I was in surgery asking when she should come to pick me up. The front desk confused me with another patient and told her my surgery was delayed and I would not come out until 5 pm. After I came out from surgery, to have a fast turnover for patient recovery beds, I was told to leave the recovery room at 3 pm as my mom was on her way. I was told to wait in the lobby, where they mistook me for another patient AGAIN and was told to go to the treatment room. Then I was sent back to the lobby, dizzy and nauseous until I finally got the strength to call my mom who said she was told she wasn't expected till 5 pm. Eventually they realized that letting me drip blood in their lobby was bad PR and offered to let me move back to the recovery room. I went back for treatment yesterday and while I was waiting, I was mistaken for another patient AGAIN. How often does this happen?
  • I saw the nurse make my recovery bed after I left it....it was just dusted off and the blankets were flipped over to hide the bloodstains.
  • I got a skin ulcer & eye infection day after the surgery. I asked for scripts to treat them and was told by staff to go to a dermatologist & ophthalmologist. I insisted I couldn't go in all swollen to which they replied smilingly, "Of course you can. You can do anything."
  • Got a shot of mystery antibiotics today and I asked if I would get another one on Tuesday for my follow up. Nurse said sure, if you want it. Antibiotics are NOT dosed like that.
I have to go ice now but I have more to share later

My goodness! So sorry to hear the terrible service you received! Have you removed the cast? Wow the after service sounds so bad! What made you choose premier in the first place?

For premier, I waited 2 hours for my appointment, despite making an appointment .I was quite set on this clinic tbh, but after reading your experience, it is disappointing .

• 3 weeks later...
I'm sorry to hear this. How is the result? I hope everything's going well for you.