BeautyHacker

Planning to go Namu PS this Dec! Anyone willing to share their experience there?

I've been researching on korean clinics to go for mandible reduction and rhinoplasty for the past month, and is most probably going to go ahead with Namu PS because of their multi square jaw technique as well as their reasonable price. However, there aren't many reviews online about them so it would mean alot if someone could share their experience at Namu! :smile:

So I decided that because I'll only be in Korea two weeks I was going to pick a clinic beforehand. This isn't ideal, but... I only get 2 weeks off work and I was worried about going for consults > picking a clinic > booking a surgery quickly > having enough time to recover before coming back.

Ideally I'd go to Korea for 1 month so I'd have plenty of time but, ah well.

I have reserved a f2f consult for one day and surgery for two days later - it's secured with a deposit. Really, Namu was my only viable option. A lot of clinics I didn't like based on the English translator / the way they talked about procedures or what I 'needed'... some were way too expensive... Eventually I just had to trust my gut and go with Namu. I really like their English translator, I sent a list of literally 40 Qs to get all the info I needed, they seem trustworthy and popular with locals, and the price wasn't as steep as other places.

I don't, sorry! I'm not doing fc so I didn't screenshot. If I can find some I'll tag you in the post on the Namu thread I made.

Do you have babitalk ? I heard that there is more about namu fc. I am also going in November.

hi @phoebebuffey ,

I am almost certain that I will choose Namu for my upcoming surgery, but I am still hesitant to place a deposit. I'll only be in Korea for 10 days so obviously it's very risky for me not to book a slot in advance. If you don't mind me asking, have you agreed on the price with Namu before placing a deposit? If that is not the case, do you think we will lose bargaining power when we finally come to the clinic for consultation?

hi @misshoneydew , I'm also planning to select Namu for my upcoming surgery. This is also my main concern because I'm planning to go during the winter. it's peak season for PS. But I'm still not sure if it is best to place a deposit beforehand.

May I ask when are you going to Korea for PS? It would be great if our schedule matched! especially since we are going to the same clinic

No I haven't agreed on a price (they won't without a f2f consult), but I got a "maximum price" - if that makes sense. So they told me the HIGHEST price all my surgeries together would be if I got no discounts and everything was a "most complicated" scenario. (For example, my rhino estimate was $3800-6000 because I need the bridge, implant, tip plasty, alar reduction. The fluctuation is because of case by case noses I assume.)

This is not ideal, as we do lose bargaining power when we're locked in with a deposit. Ideally, I would go to Korea for longer, have time to go to multiple in person consults, bargain, and book a surgery date with enough time to have aftercare before going home. But I'm only there for two weeks in November (which I've heard mixed things about if it's busy or not...) so I don't think I would be able to book an open surgery date soon enough after arriving if I do consults and stuff. But having more time and seeing more clinics definitely gives you bargaining power.

But: with a shorter trip, this was really my only option. I believe that at 7 days I'll get out my rhinoplasty stitches? And I want to have as much time as possible in Korea post-surgery to see if any issues come up with any of my surgeries.

In my opinion, Namu seems pretty straightforward and trustworthy. (Well, as much as a PS business can be.) The prices they gave me originally (with no discount) were actually lower than any other clinic - including Opera. If I can get $1000-1500 off the "max" price, I'd be happy. Or, I'm going to ask for other compensations instead... like fillers.

Cost was important to me, but more important was choosing the right doctors/clinic. I actually made a huge list of questions (literally 40 questions) which I'm sure was sooo annoying for them to answer but they were so helpful and did. I had questions for each doctor doing my surgery, the anesthesiologist, the translators. It took them a while (literally over a month) to get all the questions answered, but I liked their answers and felt it was the best option among the clinics I spoke to.

I agree with you, placing a deposit befor f2f is not ideal but sometimes we don’t have much choice. Not everyone can stay for a month in Korea.

May I ask how much is the required deposit? People say it’s usually 10%, but how can it be calculated if we don’t know the final price yet?
Please DM me if you’re not comfortable mentioning the deposit amount in public.

So I'm getting:
- rhinoplasty (bridge, tip plasty, alar reduction)
- forehead reduction
- facial lipo
- arm lipo

Technically this counts as 5 surgeries to them, because I guess alar reduction is a separate "surgery."

The max amount this will cost altogether is ~$15,000. For five surgeries, they said the deposit will be 1m KRW, which is about $850. They asked me to pay a $900 deposit.

I don't know if this is a rip off... but for my situation this is what I had to do given my circumstances. (:

Thank you so much for sharing with me. It’s so reassuring to know that there are others aside from me who is considering Namu seriously, even before f2f. I guess we have no choice to settle for a less-than-ideal arrangement given our circumstances.

hi! I have actually decided to pay the 1m krw deposit as dec is one of their busiest period and I'm really afraid that they would not have any surgery slots. As for your bargaining power, I think that when you go for your consultation, you should try to downplay how attached you really are to this deposit, and stand firm that if the doctor do not meet your expectations, you will forfeit the deposit. Perhaps this will allow the clinic to give in to your negotiations more easily. Obviously, you stand a much higher chance at bargaining if you are doing a very costly surgery i.e. 10m krw and above. I'd say not to worry too much as I've checked namu up on purseforum, weibo and soyoung and they seem pretty legit.

• 2 months later...