BeautyHacker

What does getting PS mean to you

Going through a moment right now - listening to 'i dont love you anymore' by urban zakara as I write this; maybe listen along as you read the below thoughts / opinions / questions I have about this. I hope I can connect with anyone else about their experience or thoughts.

for those that have gone through PS, large or small, or are thinking about it what does it mean to you? Why do we want to look better. Should we accept who we are instead? I'd understand if it was more of a severe case, but what's the importance of becoming someone we're really not? I guess I'm afraid.

I can't help but think of these things as I consider getting FC. The time, money, pain - for what though? Doesn't beauty all fade with time, and isn't it just a vanity we're all chasing. Does it matter if I look like a model if at the end there isn't anymore people that love me for who I really am. Does FC just put up a bigger mask and hide the real reason driving why I seek PS. I can't understand what I'm hiding and what drives me to want this sometimes.

On the surface, I can see it might be because I want to appear more attractive which is positive in it of itself. Being more attractive could mean i'm more popular, more loved, more successful, more happy.

Maybe I'm just lonely and I can't help but feel out of place in this society where I feel I'm judged so hard for who I am. Maybe I just want to find someone that cares, that actually loves me for who I am. Or to be honest, maybe I just need to learn to love what it means to be me. I can't change some things in life, I know, but feeling helpless sucks. I wish things were different. Perhaps if I was more beautiful then things would be different.

Maybe the other things i can do for happiness are too difficult and I want a short cut to it. I think though there isn't any real shortcuts. We give up something to gain another. I'm afraid of so much, the judgement from those who knew me before, the judgment from those who I will meet. Will they accept me, what about the old me? Who are they truly in love with or friends with.

If I change this one part of myself, what else would I want to change next? What would i feel after all the PS?

If you've read this whole thing, thank you. I appreciate it.

For me, PS is a choice, just like when you buy yourself prettier clothes or better quality make up. I have ever thought about getting a double jaw surgery, but looking at the high risk it has (and surely high price as well), I think it's better to stay as how I am. If you think about getting a surgery but you are still unsure why should you do it, then I'd say, don't. You know your body the best. In my opinion, if you want to change anything about yourself, do it when it is really necessary (affects your physical and mental health) or when you really know why are you doing it and understand about the risk. Think twice and try to smile more. I've heard a quote, the prettiest person is the person who smiles. I wish you the best with anything you decide. :smile:

Most ppl want plastic surgery to improve their looks. Of course, they might have thought that their surgeries might be botched too but most people thought it might not happen to them. And when that happens, they regretted their decision and thought that they were not that bad looking in the first place. But this is life. Life is short. Whatever you want to do, just do not regret it.

I have never liked my nose. I know that changing it won't make my life suddenly perfect, but its been something that has bothered me since I was in second grade. I know that, aesthetically, I will simply look better with a smaller nose... I have the photoshopped photos to prove it! Haha.

Changing parts of my appearance that I dislike will give me the freedom to live my life a bit more confidently. I regret waiting this long - I turned 26 yesterday and am getting my rhinoplasty in November 2018 but I wish I would have done this in college or shortly after. I feel like so much of my life I've been wishing to look differently.

you sound like you've got some other things to deal with before going through with any ps. I'd say don't get ps if that's your sort of answer to everything, but more because you have a preference for it. I mean, you will never 100% change with a bit of PS, it'll still be you, and its not like you are defined by how you look anyways (: gl with eveyrthing

I think its okay to have plastic surgery if you have thought of it carefully because life is short and that might be something you really wanted.
But before you make the plunge, maybe, just step back and think if you can deal with the botched surgery if it happens to you. I think it is important to be mentally prepared for the worst as well.