BeautyHacker

Fraudulent Clinic: Paid surgery not performed

Yes, but if I'm not mistaken, Japanese use LINE like Korean use Kakao Talk, so maybe they have LINE id that you could contact(?). It is really frustrating if the clinic is unreachable like this :sad: I hope they reply you soon so you can get your money back.

They don't have LINE but they do have instagram. I just want to point out that there is a clinic with identical name in S. Korea and they are not related at all.

So you contact him to schedule second surgery which you paid for but he did not perform and said you could do anytime later, but he stopped responding so you can't even get that surgery done even if you wanted. Only then did you ask for refund and he still does not respond. Wow, it's even worse than I thought. I would tell clinic you will post your complaint publicly if they do not respond, how they ghosted you is unacceptable.

Yep, exactly. I was naive to leave my money in his clinic. I just never thought some thing like this could happen. $2k is not that much for a clinic and surgery is not complex. I don't really understand why he wants to cause trouble over it. I've contacted consumer support and will wait to see. If not, I will contact local lawyer to deal with it...I will lose some money but what can I do.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the second surgery? Is he well known for performing this procedure? It's strange why he decided not to perform it despite agreeing to it beforehand and why he's seemingly going back on his word to do it at a later date. Given his reluctance and strange behavior, I wouldn't let him perform this surgery on you even if he resumes contact with you and agrees to it, too many warning signs here.

I completely agree, I wouldn't let him operate on me. The second procedure is for calf lipo (1hour procedure), and he basically does lipo only in his clinic.

I’m very sorry this happened to you! I live in Japan and I almost booked with a clinic in Ginza but decided better of it. Now I’m extra glad I did. I’m surprised a Ginza clinic, of all places, would do this but I have seen some complaints about certain doctors here.

Hope you can get things straightened out!

I hope so too. The clinic name is Mods Clinic located in Ginza, Tokyo. Procedure itself was decent but please be careful with payment. I've kept all of my contracts and receipts, so I am compiling a document for filing now. It is very annoying . BTW There is a clinic with the same name in Korea that is unrelated.

Thank you for telling me the name! I’ll make sure to avoid it.

I got a reply from Mods Clinic today insisting that my emails were not received properly, even though I received automatic replied from them repeatedly. Now they are asking when I want to complete my second surgery. I am asking for a refund again and will see if they do refund. Will update.