BeautyHacker

Paying for surgery in Korea

I am having surgery in South Korea December, I am wondering what is the best cost effective way to pay. I understand you can apply for a tax refund at the airport, any good advise on this, do you get it if you pay by credit card or is it just cash. Also, is it advisable to take cash. I'm hoping some of you can advised on any pit falls i can aviod and good experiences. Thank you so much all feedback is really appreciated.

Do post your questions in another forum under "Asian Plastic Surgery & Cosmetic Procedures" as the location is in Seoul.

To answer your questions, some plastic surgery centers would require you to pay an additional 10% of the quoted price if you are paying by credit card.
Do ask them if tax refund is possible. Do bring your passport along when you are going for your consultation so that in the event that you are paying for the surgery, the staff will be able to help you process your tax refund documents. I am unsure about other plastic surgery centers but 365mc allows tax refund.

It depends on some clinics some let you and others dont. I decided to carry cash so i bought those small pouches you can wrap around your waist and that way it's really secure. Just dont lose it. I paid everything with cash and when i didnt want to take it out for things like buying skincare i paid with debit card and they automatically give you a tax refund receipt.

If you are getting tax refunds at the airport, I would suggest to go early. The reason is, for a single receipt of expenditure of above 75,000 won, you will receive your tax refund money from an automated machine. And for receipts of less than 75,000 won each, you will need to go to a counter (manned by staff) and get your tax refunds. Hence, I went to both the automated machine as well as the counter to receive my tax refunds. But I was lucky that there was no queue. After I left the tax refund area, which is located at level 4 of Incheon Airport Terminal 1, I saw a lot of tourists making their way to get their tax refunds.

more good info here: https://bit.ly/2QWpLAo

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Did you bring more than 10k? Did you have any problems with declaring it (at the airport in the US or when you got to customs at Incheon?)