BeautyHacker

Should I Get Epicanthoplasty? *Picture Attached*

Hi,

For awhile now I have been unhappy with how far apart my eyes look. They appear completely fine up close (especially when I smile, which extends their length), but I feel that from a distance (>1 foot away), they look as if they're "lost" on my face. I realize that many East Asians have wide-set eyes, but mine look particularly distant because they are short and not straight but round at the bottom, which reveals too much sclera.

I have gone for consultations in Korea before and was advised that I did not need epicanthoplasty or lateral canthoplasty, as my eyes already curve down near the outer edge (part of my problem) and I do not really have epicanthal folds. The surgeons told me they could excise a tiny bit of skin, but it wouldn't make my eyes much bigger. However, I do not really care about size; I have tried extending my inner corners a little in the mirror and feel that the extra sharpness and length go a long way in making my eyes look normal.

Of course, I can't 100% picture how the final outcome would look like. I am also worried that the procedure may age me. Plus, don't our inner corners show more with age anyway? Would it be too much in ten years' time? What do you guys think?

(My eyelids were a bit uneven that day)

I agree with the surgeons that you do not need epicanthoplasty. If you did, you might be showing more of the "red" parts of the eyes.
And rather than doing epicanthoplasty, maybe you can look into drawing your eyebrows where the eyebrows are drawn nearer towards the nose.
I have attached a photo from the internet where the lady did her eyebrow embroidery and her eyes look much closer and better.

I honestly agree. Maybe it's just you, when i overlook myself in the mirror and selfies i start to think the same thing, but others don't see it.