BeautyHacker

Best clinic for Facial Contouring & DES? Regen, MINE, TL, DARPS, GNG, Banobagi or View??

Hey guys,

So I am pretty new to the whole plastic surgery world in Korea but I’ve done some research based on people’s opinions and experiences in this forum and narrowed it down to 7 clinics to choose from ( I know I still can’t make up my mind >.< ) for facial contouring and incisional double eyelid surgery.

1) Banobagi
2) GNG Hospital
3) Regen
4) View
5 ) MINE
6) TL Plastic Surgery
7 ) DARPS

I’ve done online consultations with all the clinics who quoted me the following prices:

Banobagi
V Line surgery including square jaw reduction, cheekbone reduction and genioplasty
= 18,600,000 KRW - 19,900,000 KRW
This was the most expensive quote I got and they didn’t even quote me for DES :sad:

GNG
Mandible jaw reduction - 5.5 milion KRW
Zygoma reduction- 5.5 million KRW
V line- 9.1 mil krw
Incisional DES- 2.5 million KRW
All prices does not include 10%
They also took awhile to reply and when I sent them my pictures they started to offer Rhinoplasty and Fat Grafting which I wasn’t really interested in and said my main focus is V-line and Eyes....

Regen (one of my top choices)
V line- 11 million KRW
Incisional DES- 2.2 million KRW

There is also 30% if you hold surgery spot during consultation so the price came out to be cheaper and the consultant on WhatsApp was really nice in replying to all my questions.

View
V-line- 12 million KRW
Incisional DES- 2.5~3.4 million KRW

They also offer 30% off if you give before and after pictures. View was also quick to reply by email and answered all my questions.

MINE (one of my top choices)
V line- 5.6 million KRW
Incisional DES- 2.1 million KRW

This was the cheapest price I got and the consultant was also very nice. I’ve also read a good review on MINE in this forum which gave me a good impression. :smile:

TL Plastic Surgery
They advised me on the TL Trio package which includes
Zygoma reduction, chin and jaw reduction $16000 but if I deposit this month the price they give is $9000
Incisional DES = $1500

Also the consultant gave a special price of $10,000 all together. Price is tempting but I’m not gonna base this on a ‘good deal’ cause it is about quality. I’ve read some good reviews on TL and some bad ones like how a girl got her face paralysed there? It’s kinda putting me off....

DARPS
Zygoma reduction - 8-9 million KRW
Angular jaw reduction - 8-9 million KRW
Incisional DES- 2-6 million KRW

Prices they quoted were quite vague but I heard a lot of good reviews about this clinic. They were also very quick to reply on WhatsApp.

So far I’m thinking either MINE, Regen or maybe TL and DARPS. I also want like a dolly look so not just like a subtle change. Does anyone know which clinic is good for that?
I’ve also read that it’s best to go to Korea for face to face consultation and then book surgery rather than booking before and paying a deposit? TL want me to pay a deposit but I feel like I need a face to face consultation with them first.
And please share experiences!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the regen FC doctor Dr Oh is suspended currently.

Since this is asked so often let me try to explain in detail. Deposit puts many things out of your control. Eg usually it's stuff you forget to ask and take for granted. Like if you forgot to ask about surgery time after putting down a deposit and your full refund window is over, suddenly the entire week may be full. Or Suddenly you have to pay for your ct scan cd or other stuff you could have gotten it bundled.

Deposits are pushed for here to enable the "sunk cost fallacy" (read up more on this) this is a sales tactic and it's quite difficult to avoid being human. This is compounded by the fact that the deposit is very difficult to recover and huge hurdles would be placed to discourage you from backing out. You end up being more inclined to a clinic's suggestions even deep down you have doubts. Essentially your decision making process is clouded and since we are psychologically unable to perceive time-value, we feel unable to cut our losses even when the truth dawns early on us that a wrong chocie was made.

This is why you see people rationalizing and persisting in clearly poor investments, till the extent their full financial losses are realised.

So,look at it this way. If your deposit is say, 500 bucks - you alternatively extend your trip by 5 days or even more with that amount and this would give you more power over your choices. Hope this helps.

TLDR: no to deposit. Plan for longer trips, over shorter ones. Plan for more clinics over less (though not too many till you get paralysis of chocie). Plan for more days for consults over more consults in one day.

Dr. Oh is suspended??

Thank you for the insight! Definitely saying no to deposits. You’re right about the clinic having more over you since they know you’re not going anywhere else. I’m gonna definitely gonna try face to face consultations with the clinics I’m interested in :smile:

The case with Dr Oh’s suspension is making me confuse as I thought he was a reputable surgeon for FC. Regen is still one of my top clinics so hopefully the suspension is lifted by the time I go to Korea so I can ask more questions in regards to surgery and maybe the suspension aswell.

As I want a dramatic change TLPS seemed like a good choice and their before and after pictures definetly had an influence there! I’m also worried about the doctor swap :sad: could you link Krod2017’s post so I could read it? And do you know any good reviews on TLPS?

Were the patients from GNG locals or foreigners? I feel like if the doctor is doing bad jobs on even the locals that is saying something about the clinic...although I did see good review about GNG from a Youtuber who did V-line surgery there.

I could not imagine being able to feel screws on the side of someones face! Were they really obvious? Like could you even see the screws aswell?? I’m definetly gonna look into Romian :smile: what other clinics would you recommend to look into?

Thanks for the advice!

This is so scary I can’t believe surgeons would actually put the lives of their patients at risk like that :sad: it kinda makes me anxious of getting PS in Korea but then again it is the Mecca of PS especially for Asians :hrmm:

I'm going at TLPS this July... and i'm certain that I'm going there... guys before making any deposite make sure to ask them all the questions like the doctor of your choice, if there will be extra fees for CT Scan and Doctor fees, make sure that everything is clear and you have all the conversation in your email so just in case something is odd, then you can just simply your conversation which both of you agreed. I was also quoted $9k for zygoma, chin and jaw. And I told them which Doctor I want to do my surgery, I also asked several questions. They have real-time monitoring so we don't need to worry about swapping of doctors. If in case you are going alone just try to ask them if a friend could watch your surgery via skype or wifi or if you can have a copy of the whole procedure just to make sure that no doctor swapping happened.

Don't do any surgery when you are not sure, always make sure to ask before making deposits.

So many ppl have ps in Seoul that they could not care TL.png less about a car with TL advertised all over it.

I had DES (ptosis correction) at DA and I am rather satisfied with my result! :smile: I think DA is rather famous for F/C as I see reviews about them here and when I was at the clinic, they had a lot of patients with bandages wrapped around their faces lol good luck researching! It's best to go to a f2f consult and see what the doctor says and they give you a discounted quote when you actually get there.

Consult with TL before giving deposit.

I did chin&jaw surgery at TL 3years ago, love the result. And yes face to face consultation is important, visit as many clinics as possible!! Good luck with your surgery