BeautyHacker

I was botched in Korea and I had revision in the US

I'm not sure where you got that from. Many US clinics photoshop their after photos or at least have them wear makeup. Most US surgeons website I have seen are littered with photos of models who never even had surgery in the first place.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As a wise woman once told me, doctors are not gods but humans and there are good people and bad people in every country", I agree

Western doctors do it this way, before pic taken with no makeup stresses out sad faces right before surgery with messy hair, doctor asks (my own case) to keep my head in positions he wanted for taking pictures, one doctor took picture with filter to make lines sharper! (All to make face look older), after picture taken in full makeup, some laughing or smiling, bright lights, different settings, and they only choose patient that look good or patients who do everything to save a bit money). I live in US, I'm not Asian, I got botched and scammed in the US and contacted every medical board or lawyer I could, no help! Micheal Jackson did all his work in the US, paid high prices, also a TV show called botched ... a lawyer told me plastic surgery patients are not protected but doctors are protected in all levels, and lawyers barely take cosmetic surgery cases due to very disappointing results (benefit of doubt, elective surgery, biased opinion ...) point is, do not trust anyone till proven otherwise. I don't know about Korean surgeon or laws, but Chigirl got botched in Korea then tried to fixed it in US and got botched while spending 170k. I saw a girl posted in realself a positive review, I messaged her a year after, she replied she hated her face since swelling is gone and feels wasted money and looks weird. I told her to remove her post to not mislead people. Another doctor had very nice after picture with $22k for mini facelift! I liked the result and I was eager to pay that night money to fix my botched surgery and made so much afford to meet one or two of his patients through video call, I was scared , they looked nothing like the picture, looked cheap and one looked obviously botched. I guess picture doesn't capture everything because I really fell for the result but video made me very disappointed. I wish someone was really helping ppl and tried to help others know the truth about plastic surgery business. I lost 3 years of my life, my big saving, to look disfigured and angry at myself that how naive I was , biggest scam, doctors change completely before and after surgery too, what they said to you is different, they turn to meanest creatures if you are not going to mention a problem. Reviews: + reviews are fake, many of them. All staff and friends and discounts bring positive reviews, doctor lawyer threaten to sue if you write bad reviews, if u write one negative review, they write 10 positive reviews to make yours disappear plus all websites including Google reviews, their algorithms are made the way to not hurt the business! Many people told me their negative reviews just disappear or won't show up. In US you can pay 100 bucks and cover all bad stuff from viewer!

I’m so sorry to hear about your plastic surgery horror story! The medical cosmetic industry is truly a wild Wild West! Anytime you have something done, you’re playing Russian roulette with your body. I’m considering having something done in Korea and I’ve been researching like crazy. But the more I do, the less certain I become because there’re so many contradicting reviews online! I’m not the gambling type, never bought Lottery tickets in real life. I need divine intervention!

Can you let us know which surgeon botched your surgery in Korea so that the rest of us can avoid him?

• 3 months later...
Hi, I've read other thread and it seems like you recommended TFD (DR. LEE) in Korea. I'm a bit confusing now seeing these posts. Did you change your mind about TFD? if yes, what happened? I'm considering to have my zygoma surgery with Dr Lee at TFD (or eudental or namu - all in Seoul Korea). Not all of us have the time to travel half way around the world to the US for surgery (sadly), not to mention all the paperworks required to simply obtain a visa. Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
Hello! I think this is a complicated topic, and I believe in the end, it really depends on the individual doctor’s abilities and not at all dependent on the doctor’s nationality or ethnicity. Of course, the patient must have reasonable expectations.

As far as I am concerned, the doctor’s skills are based on his/her taste in beauty and how many patients they’ve operated on. It doesn’t matter whether they graduated from Harvard med or Seoul National. It doesn’t matter whether they are professors who have published numerous papers. They have to have hands on experience and similar taste in beauty as their patients. This is why I believe certain ethnic surgeries (jaw reductions) are probably better to be performed in Asian countries.

I kind of agree with your post - it really depends on how much experience the doctor has. I would say the sweet spot is a doctor in their late 30s to early 50s and that's it tbh. Late 30s is when they are like really experienced yet still have some motivation to keep up to date with the latest technologies.

True! Age is also quite important. I find doc’s aesthetic is critical to a satisfying procedure. Some find procedures performed by some doctors are too subtle/extreme for their taste. I wish the search for reputable doctors would be easier in the future. I am truly glad that OP had successful revision and is moving on. It must have been emotionally, physically, and financially straining. There should be some laws set for PS docs to get proper training before claiming as such.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm planning to have my nose done for the first time. I've done some research and it seems like for Asians, it is somewhat better to travel to Korea because the surgeons there have more experience with the Asian structure/aesthetic. However, since I'm not an US citizen & currently studying in the US at the moment, not having to fly out of America would save me some time & stress of visa issues when I come back to the US.

Can you guys recommend some decent suggestions for Asian rhinoplasty surgeons in the US? I have heard of Dr. Yoo in California, but his price (~ 20,000 USD) is a bit high for me...

• 2 months later...
The truth about Plastic Surgery in Korea.

For everyone considering going to Korea for surgery, PLEASE check out this doctor's videos. And I mean please watch ALL of his videos!! He's a whistleblower, a plastic surgeon in Korean (who got fed up and made this channel to warn people). He will tell you exactly what goes on in that corrupt industry.

example:
1. Paying $1k a month to Chinese interns to perform YOUR plastic surgery. (cheap labor-ghost doctor)
2. Big Plastic Surgery companies making billions a year - and the government officials are paid off to hush them. They're in on it!
3. Don't trust any Hospitals who are endorsed by celebs. They were paid to lie. This is a sign you're walking into a factory (with ghost doctors).

The video I linked above shows a botched plastic surgery taking place, and the whistleblower-doctor is explaining what went wrong. This patient sadly died after this Jaw surgery.

His other videos will explain what actually goes on in Korea.
If you have a friend who wants to go to Korea for surgery, make sure they watch all his videos too.

Very informative, thank you for sharing!

I'm sorry for what the original poster went through but- the post/thread is filled with some pretty inflammatory hate comments that contain broad generalizations. Read something about Korean doctors lying to you with their stupid pictures and something about the Korean education system being a million times worse than the Japanese- what are you judging this all on? One-two bad plastic surgery cases...? Then is it OK if I judge a Western craniofacial surgeon who was recommended on this thread and all Western/US doctors based on this one highly negative Realself review of Dr. Deschamps a quick Google search revealed? And then is it OK if I take this bad experience with Dr. Deschamps and spin it into broader commentary about how Western education sucks without looking at stats like GDP per capita or literacy rates, graduation rates, etc.?! All of which Korea scores very high in relative to many other nations if we're going to talk facts?

Koreans have some of the highest literacy rates in the world and some of the best plastic surgery results I've EVER seen. Park Min Young is probably a key example of this- I don't think I've ever seen plastic surgery result in a more beautiful result and she is the result of a Korean doctor. Of course, Korea/Korean doctors has some of the highest raw numbers of plastic surgery completed, largely due to the number of foreigners who come in to get work done in addition to the local population. Of course you're gonna see more botches come out of the country. Of course you're gonna see more success stories.

Throwing my opinion / my story out there- you can say your story but that doesn't invalidate mine: I'm not going to rule Korea out as an option. They have elite plastic surgeons and are a very competitive country. They will also have shady surgeons who will try to swindle you. Same story as other developed countries. However, Korea remains my first choice because I've SEEN the results that I actually want to achieve on fellow Asian women. Regardless of the number of clinics that photoshop their before and afters, this girl on YouTube has the v line results I want, clear as day on video (which IMO captures the face more realistically than photos): . My aesthetics are also closer to that of what's popular in Korea. And I'm going to do my research on every Korean doctor I would consider to entrust with my facial structure- instead of ruling them all out, because I know some of the best gems for my situation are in there. And even then, I will go in knowing that i'm excepting the risk of botch that comes with any surgery, regardless of how good the doctor is.

Moral of the story: Do your research ladies and always consider more than one story!!!