BeautyHacker

I was botched in Korea and I had revision in the US

Laura passed away in the last couple of hours! RIP

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I’m not from USA but I choose korea because they are the only one to know a lot about vline from my opinion. For other surgeries I would prefer Europe or USA as well. But vline is very specific to korea I think.

Although the term “Asian V-Line jaw surgery” originated in South Korea, the actual procedure was invented by our very own Dr. Douglas Ousterhout — one of the world’s pioneers of craniofacial and jaw surgery. This type of jaw surgery is very popular in South Korea and throughout Asia, however, it is important to note that it is not restricted to any particular ethnic group.
Dr Ousterhout is semi-retired but he still works with his protege, Deschamps.
Anyway talking about surgery in the US is a moot point as 99.93% of the girls here are always worrying about costs. If you have to ask the price then your budget probably won't afford surgery in the US.

Agree, enjoy your new face. Happy for you!

May I ask how much your surgery cost excluding travel etc..

This is completely false and thank you @SheOnlyLooks25 for posting FACTUAL information. The reason so many people get botched on this forum is because no one is actually reading medical journals and doing REAL research on Cranio surgery.

V Line was not invented in Korea!! It is also not specific to Korea. Dr. Ousterhout In the USA created V Line surgery then it went to Asia NOT the other way around!! The facial contouring techniques we see today actually first got to asiia via THAILAND not Korea the 'lady boys!' in Thailand were the fiirst in Asia to have a high demand for face contouring. US DOCTORS CREATED THE SURGERY. THEN IT WENT TO THAILAND. THEN KOREA!

V LINE WAS CREATED IN THE USA!

The man who created it is called Dr. Ousterhout

DO. YOUR. RESEARCH. AND. STOP. SPREADING. MISINFORMATION.

Facial contouring amoung STRAIGHT women is a very recent phenomenon but these surgeries have been done on MEN for decades. It is not Korean specific. It was never created in Korea. It was also never created for women.

The korean trend of doing this on straight women is far far newer.

They have been doing these surgeries on transgenders globally for DECADES.

DO YOUR RESEARCH!

That is not what I said. I said historically the surgeries were CREATED for men. Now WOMEN do them too but the thing we call 'vline' has been done for decades in the USA on transgender males and then followed by lady boys in thailand. It is now done on women in Korea too...but people saying it was a korean thing is simply false...

I did.. thanks. But honestly after watching their review and results on internet I don’t see results I wish to have. It’s not so dramatic and also assymetrical.. I don’t understand the trend about this guy. I also contacted some surgeons in USA, prices are crazy and the guys disn’t Even understand my expectations. I’m not from USA so going there for crazy prices and none results is not in my interest

you need to be very, very careful. THe results you see from Korean clinics are not real. They are highly photoshopped and are an insult to our intelligence. Trust me, I know what I am talking about. You have no idea how much research I have done, how many people I saw first in before and after pictures and then in real life. I just would never go to Korea for a medical procedure. I made that mistake in 2014 since I was stupid to believe what I read and saw online. Also, Korean doctors will tell you what you want to hear

not at all, she meant something completely difference. Women DO have jaw reductions, but, it is becoming common only lately because jaw reductions were ORIGINALLY designed for another target of population.

Yes im aware of this and that’s why i only consider dental clinics with maxillo facial surgeons
I already did a surgery in Europe you know and honestly I don’t find those surgeons very skilled. They are into medical things not aesthetic thing.. I know some pictures are cheated but I’m going to dental clinics not plastic ones

Ah, thank you for clarifying.

I reread in your past post that you mentioned needed to harvest bone from your hip for restoration?

Yikes.

It is disappointing that you had a bad experience with surgery in Korea. Unfortunately, there are always risks with surgery and people really have to do their research before deciding on something as serious as surgery. I'm glad that you found great results in the US.

However, the manner in which you write about Koreans in general instead of in the context of your surgery IS racist. You made a completely out-of-context leap to judgment after your experience and now it seems like you just hate Koreans no matter what the situation.