BeautyHacker

My PS experience at Hyundai Aesthetics

Long time lurker here guys, I want to share my story to give back to this community as its helped me tremendously on my journey.

So i’ve wanted PS basically all my life. Ive never liked any of my features ever, I had a big wide bulbous nose, small eyes, big jaw, and to top that off my jaw was asymmetrical. PS was sort of just a dream to me in my teens. I’ve always been into kpop so I was familiar with korean plastic surgery, but actually going to korea to get it done felt really out of my reach. It wasn’t until I started reading forums like purseforum or realself that I realized there are SO many people who felt the same way as me! And many of them went to Korea to get what they wanted done. Thats when I started researching various clinics, I researched about TONS of clinics and emailed dozens. From big clinics like GNG and Regen to local clinics like Cooki and Answer. I eventually started joining Kakao group chats for more info, and I came across a girl who had PS done at Hyundai Aesthetics (known as hyundai mihak previously). I’ve never heard of them before so they must be local, since there werent that many english reviews as well. She shared her experiences and results and I really liked her results, so I emailed them and I got a response right away. I sent them pictures of myself and the surgeries I wanted (eyes, nose, jaw) and they emailed me what they recommended me to have. I dont want to write too much about every clinic I consulted but I obviously ended up choosing hyundai. My second choice probably would have been Cooki clinic.

Consultation

During my consultation, I met the person I was emailing, her name is Sky and let me tell you, she is the NICEST person I have ever met. She is so so genuine and I legit told her that Hyundai is lucky to have her with them. She helped me introduce myself to the doctors and they are all super super nice! ( They dont speak much english, but thats why Sky is there) we talked about my concerns and they answered all my questions. I wanted bigger eyes, smaller nose and smaller jaw(as well as fix the asymmetry of it), basically the asian dolly look. What I really liked about this clinic is that they didnt push me into a surgery I didnt need. The dr recommended me to have chin implants and buccal fat removal but I since I said I didn’t want it, that was all to it. The surgeries I ended up getting:

Eyes: DES, epi+lateral canthoplasty, ptosis correction

Nose: Rhinoplasty, Alar reduction, tip plasty, nose silicone implant for my bridge

Jaw: Mini vline (shave one side down more to fix my asymmetry) and genioplasty

We also did a fat graph to my forehead and temples

After consulting we did blood tests, and other stuff, basically to see if I’m healthy enough for surgery. Sky was with me the whole time and we got to know eachother a bit. She addressed every single concern I had, I seriously thought I was so annoying but she was so nice about it. But yeah anyways Im healthy!! and we booked the surgery date for the next morning.

Surgery Day

On the day of my surgery, I was honestly more excited than nervous. I guess because I’ve wanted this basically my whole life, I couldn’t wait for it. Although I was still a little bit nervous, Sky was there to reassure me and was there for me. She actually told me some stuff that I appreciate so much. She basically said not to expect my results right away, since i’m getting so many procedures done, I should expect to be swollen. It really helped me prepare for what to expect. I think my surgery lasted 7 hours. They had to wake me up during my eye surgery for a bit, where the dr told me to open and close my eyes. I didn’t really feel anything but it was pretty uncomfortable. Sky was actually there for a bit when I was awake and I remember her holding my hand (God bless her kind soul) But after they put you under anesthesia again and you just fall asleep.

Post Surgery

I stayed one night at the clinic, I was SOOOOO drained from the anesthesia, and as much as I researched and thought I was prepared for the post surgery feelings, I was NOT. I dont think anyone will know what its like unless you actually go through it. I was so so thirsty, but you cant drink water for 4 hours after surgery. When that 4 hour mark hit and they brought me water it was literally like a god sent gift haha. Sky told me she was going home and was going to be back at 10 am. I remember falling asleep and waking up at 4 am. The night nurse there basically changed the ice and whatever else I needed. I wasn’t in pain or anything but the uncomfortableness from surgery is definitely a 10/10 for me.. And I think thats obviously because I got so many things done. It was really hard for me to sleep that night, I only slept in half hour increments. But finally 10 am came and sky was there!! She came with me to get my face cleaned up a bit and tubes + iv removed and to see the doctors. I felt a lot better after that. She helped me get dressed and she even walked me down and got a taxi for me to my airbnb. She was literally an angel to me you guys. After that I would go back to the clinic every two days to get checked up and cleaned. My eyes actually teared blood? for some reason for the first two days after surgery, but it stopped after that. I think I bothered Sky every single day after surgery, but she was soo kind and reassured me about all my concerns. I had the post surgery blues from how much swelling I had, at Day 7 after getting stitches removed, I stupidly thought my results were what I looked like at that day, and I was feeling really depressed. In reality I was actually just super swollen.. make sure you guys have a support system because If I were by myself that would have been really depressing. Sky really helped me get through all of it and kept reassuring me that I am just swollen.

I’m writing this at 14 days post op, and it really does get better every day. Although I am still very much swollen, My bruising went away really fast. Its just swollen for me now. At the same time, I think I’m a very slow healer because my jaw is still very puffy and my eyes are very very puffy and still look a bit unnatural. Even though I’m swollen right now, I can see my results bit by bit everyday, especially my eyes, they are swollen but I can see how wide and big they are. It makes me so impatient for the months to go by so I can see full results! In the end, i’m really happy with my experience at Hyundai, It’s definitely life changing for me since I wanted a drastic change. Although I know my results matter the most, I really think Sky had a big impact on me during my experience, she is such a caring and genuine person, she deserves all the praise i’m giving her. Another thing is that this clinic was quite busy with locals, but If you want results, you’ll definitely get it at this clinic.

I’ll be updating more as time passes by.

This is so helpful. I’m going to check with them. Thanks a lot.

So its been a month since my ps, i wanted to make an update like i promised, also since ive been getting tons and tons of people who have pm’ed me about it. It seems like this clinic is starting to get more known outside of korea but there arent many reviews so many people are unsure about it.

So I want to start off saying my results are... amazing. I started out at a literal 2/10 guys. Before PS I had small uneven eyes, wide crooked bulbous nose, and a uneven square jawline. This clinic has literally changed my life around and im can proudly say i’m sitting at a 8/10. the best thing is that im STILL swollen, so its only going to get even better from here. I got many procedures done so I can expect this much swelling still. I also want to say I do not look anything like I did 2 weeks after PS . I really underestimated how much swelling I had.

So so far, i am looking great. The doctors are so very talented, because after most of the swelling has gone, I can see how good everything looks.

I’ll continue to keep you guys posted!

OMG, five areas of surgery in one go (if you include fat graft extraction as well!)!!!!

I always wonder if it's physically possible to do so many procedures at the same time like in those Korean PS makeover shows, because I consider it too dangerous for my liking.

However, I'm so glad to hear that you survived it all and healing well, congratulations! And your bank account must be recovering too, lol.

How much did you pay in total? Was it a package price, or you have a breakdown of the individual procedures?

Thank you so much for your insight, @crownie14 .

Yup!!! i literally did the whole works.We actually discussed maybe doing vline first, then nose and eyes after, but after xrays and whatnot doctors said its okay to do all three, i didn't cut much bone on my vline so it wasnt as bad. You just have to do your research on your clinic and your doctor before you go into big procedures like mine :smile:. I am still healing, so im not entirely sure how my eyes and nose are going to look (vline looks good so far) but honestly.. if you looked at me before.. its definitely a better change. Im really not insecure or anything. I accepted that I was just plain ugly before lmao.

I paid about 20m KRW ~ for the whole package.

• 2 weeks later...
Couple questions:

1. What kind of results were you looking for? Did they get it right?

2. I heard from one of my friends who went there for a consultation that most of the consultants at this clinic are snobby. Is that true?

3. Why did you choose this clinic over Cooki?

4. Was your rhinoplasty open or close method? Did you use an implant? How are the scars?

5. Are you going to post pictures? :P

1. What do you mean? Do you mean like natural vs dolly etc? If so I asked dr for a dramatic and dolly look. My goal is the dolly asian girl look, if I had asked for natural results I think it would have been impossible to achieve, since my eyes were very small and my nose being huge I needed a big change. So yes he pretty much got it right, I definitely got a drastic result, but i’m waiting on swelling to go down to see how i’m going to look.

2. No, they are not snobby BUT I can see why your friend would think so. Aside from the english consultant who is very sweet and nice, every other consultant doesn’t speak any english. So when i’d try to communicate with them I can see how they would come off snobby as they have no idea what i’m saying.

3. To be honest, my consultation with cooki almost won me over. It was really close. I cant lie price factor was a big thing too, getting many procedures isnt cheap, and they both offered me such good deals. I think its because i’d make a good before/after model. In the end it came down to price and I felt like hyundai dr had more experience and skill.

4. I had open rhino with ultra soft silicone. Scars are barely visible. I had to point it out to my coworkers for them to notice.

5. I might, my eyes are still really swollen so probably when they heal more

Thanks for the detailed reply. Hope you show your before and after pictures :smile:

Yeah I’ve been debating it for awhile to post my pics, because im still really swollen.. especially my eyes. But I think my jaw and nose look good, especially compared to before. I attached a picture for everyone to see the comparison, but my eyes will be for another time, since im not sure if theyre going to turn out the way i wanted them to /: [​IMG]