BeautyHacker

Raw Unedited Journal Notes on Day-to-Day PS Experience: DA for Nose Revision, Eye and FC

DA - Nov 12, 2018

• airport .. pick up arranged… late… got anxious.. starting to feel like what was i thinking doing here… finally got in touch with Julie my coordinator/translator and she helped
  • got picked up and dropped off at clinic, there were many buildings around and felt a little anxious trying to find the correct building but with the help of a local, i was able to find
  • arrived at clinic- super comforting atmosphere there with the lighting, smells and books, magazines, soft instrumental music playing, with water or espresso offered for you at the corner
  • julie my coordinator/translator greeted me, gave her a hug instantly bc she has been so accommodating and active and prompt with our chats over the year leading up to this day
    • including answering all my numerous questions of diff things and effects and costs of diff surguries
    • sent me as many pics and PDFs of professional B/A photo shots
    • helped with pricing
    • i opted to wire transfer to avoid bank conversion fees with hard cash and didn’t feel comfortable carrying a load of hard cash on me , i only had 2 credit cards with not the biggest limit on them (now wire transfer money only if you are SURE you are going with this place… also does not give you a lottt of leverage in negotiating prices) … however, given my circumstances and not wanting to consult and inquire in-person with many other clinics in a foreign place with little direction and not wanting the hassle of transporting to all different places and given the limited time I had here, i wanted to go to 1 clinic when i arrive but making sure it was the clinic i wanted … to know what you want .. you must keep asking questions and researching and communicating with translator/coordinator.
      • a good coordinator was one that I had with DA (i inquired with ID, GNG, Migo, Namu, Item, View and NONE except DA and GNG had provided me with satisfactory responses)
      • in the the end, consultant gave me a bit more than 20% off bc of a mistake on her end,
    • Julie is super sweet … my first day in Korea was spent at the clinic… it took a lot longer than we thought … i was at the clinic for almost 6 hours that day… i didn’t mind as i felt very comfortable at the clinic ..
    • first julie went over a form with me to fill out about all my health conditions and previous surgeries, etc.
    • waiting area first then i had my own waiting room.. consultant greeted me (super sweet and friendly woman, no english) and confirmed what procedures I was aiming for, top priorities and what my budget is .. (I had set a budget in my head beforehand that i thought is reasonable for each procedure).. recommended 2 jaw but that alone is my budget price and they said that its okay i can still get improvements from genioplasty and jaw shaving on one side …
      • then i did a CT scan, blood test, ECG test for my heart
    • first met with eye doctor … told me what i can and cannot do as there are limitations .. such as opening inner and outer corners and lower end of eye but can’t do parallel eye creases or higher eye creases bc based on my eye shape and structure, i wouldn’t be able close my eyes if i did it .. he says my eyes are even but it just seems like it may be uneven bc i have uneven eye brow bones
      • he was calm, not talkative but he knew what he was doing and i felt like I could trust him, he seemed very meticulous and careful
    • after waiting around, met with fc doctor… told me what consultant had told me… but my goal wasn’t to achieve perfection but at least a good improvement… horizontally shave my right side of jaw, rotate and shift my chin over to the left, and bc i wanted to even though he said its not needed, to lengthen my chin a little
      • he assured me he would not touch the jaw angle part as i didn’t want that (wasn’t a v-line situation is what i mean)
      • bc its not double jaw surgery, it won’t correct my mouth crookedness but my chin will be aligned with the centre of my face after genioplasty
      • inquired about my cheekbones and he said no no no as in don’t touch them
      • asked for a CT scan of my face before and after procedure
      • he was super charming, smiley, friendly, sweet
      • apparently he is very well known and popular for FC for many foreigners
    • after waiting around for my biggest concern of my face.. rhinoplasty doctor … unfortunately this initial encounter did not leave me feeling super confident … felt rushed.. he was in middle of surgery (so he could only talk to me for 5 min)… at the very end though, i trusted his knowledge
      • not charming or very talkative but was knowledgeable (and tense.. but that might be bc of his restricted time with operating patients vs. consulting with patients)
      • drew diagram of what my nose is now vs what he was planning to do … said my case now is actually unusual .. longer silicone on bridge with more cartilage stacks on tip.. he said the only reason could be the previous doc felt your bridge was high enough but just needed to make tip higher
      • my case was complex
      • i also had a lot of loose skin?
      • what he would plan to do is use a shorter and higher silicone (bc i wanted my bridge to be higher than what it was) and he would use septum cartilage or donated rib cartilage to lengthen and raise my tip bc it was very bulbous and kind of droopy and 2 cartilage stacks in between this strut and silicone
      • he would remove a lot of scar tissue that was built up
      • i asked about slimming my bridge (osteotomy) and he said yes he can do that for me
      • was very very disappointed that he doesn’t do rib cartilage for bridge bc thats what i wanted and he said there are side effects such as warping and absorbing over time … but i read worse reviews with silicone too and knowing this, and having him say that about rib cartilage for the bridge .. i felt like i couldn’t fully trust him ? i was just really disappointed
      • he said that i could go elsewhere for rib cartilage and explained that your own rib cartilage for bridge is better than donated rib cartilage …
      • i said there are complications with silicone too over time … and he stated yes that i am correct and he knows that (which increased my trust level with him a little more bc i thought he was denying silicone has potential bad effects since he was really against rib cartilage for the bridge)
      • did not feel satisfied with his response when i asked if there is anything he could do or i could do to prevent scar tissue from growing
        • he said no nothing is for certain
        • *LOST IN TRANSLATION …. THIS IS WHERE I ALSO REALIZE THAT MESSAGES CAN BE A LITTLE LOST IN TRANSLATION
        • i already researched about scar tissue care tips which only included steroid shots for nose, taping down nose, and surgeons methods and techniques of scar tissue removal
        • when asked about steroid shots, he said he doesn’t give any or that he can’t give any right after my surgery (which can be true bc i read that steroid shots can be given a few months post op) … again … messages lost in translation..
      • saw sweet friendly lady consultant again, with Julie in the room; she was able to work around my costs and quoted me a bit higher than my budget after initially giving me a lower price because there was a missed calculation but I was fortunate that she was able to apologize and own up to it and kept it at the initial pricing — however, she had to speak to each doctor and agreed with the price if I write a review about DAPRS (didn’t force me to write good/bad; but just an honest review) and if I was able to provide photos/videos to the clinic for in-patient/in-clinic use (there are options if you want to allow clinic to use your pictures/videos outside of clinic and other options I believe; and your pictures/videos are only kept for 3 years). They also noted that because I didn’t consult with other clinics before coming here, my price is higher.
  • julie helped with Kakao taxi for awhile … appreciated this … for the first few times using it, i was anxious bc its not like uber where its instant, i was assured by julie that sometimes she would have to call Kakao taxi over 10x … which happened to me… i called for 20 min until one was available… the other time, the guy left bc we didn’t see each other … felt more confident after a few uses … made sure i planned my time accordingly bc rush hour time makes it really really hard to get a kakao taxi … mostly i walked to and from clinic (20-30 min each way) as i planned to stay sort of nearby to clinic ..

• surgery set for next day (NOV 13, 2018) at 2pm, made sure i wrote another list of questions for each surgeon to answer as each of them would see me before the operation
    • got my answers:
      • no my jaws or face would not appear rounder, yes there will be screws in place forever and no this will not cause problems through airport, yes i could have a letter stating i had surgery done if they asked why i might not look exactly like my passport picture,
      • confirmed each procedure being done
    • off i went, was super super super super nervous as i started to get really cold and shaky
    • anesthologist was super charming and sweet when he walked in and bc the monitor read my pulse and heart rate, he asked if I’m scared and told me that its okay everyone gets scared … boom that was the last thing i remembered
    • woke up in this room … Julie said she was worried bc i didn’t wake up until a long time later and bc i said i had slight low blood pressure
    • told me my surgery was from 2pm-7pm, i rested/slept until 11pm, bc i asked what time it was and when surgery was done
    • got me to get up and walk with my IV thingy to a room and i stayed there overnight …
      • very uncomfortable… face swollen, eyes swollen
      • woke up on and off through the night
      • could not breathe at all
      • throat was super dry
      • could only breathe through my mouth which made throat more dry
      • no pain just incredibly uncomfortable and wasn’t completely prepared for
      • nurse came in the middle of night to inject antibiotics and pain meds ? through IV line; gave me some water
      • ***I RMBR TELLING MYSELF ‘NEVER AGAIN’ AND IF I EVER DO THIS AGAIN, I WILL BRING A VERY TRUSTED LOVING PARTNER TO BE WITH ME (I was still able to get through everything don’t get me wrong, just would’ve felt more strength is if i had a trusted loving person to come with)
      • YOU WILL FEEL LIKE CHOKING WHEN YOU SWALLOW WATER bc you can’t breathe but you will get used to it
      • they didn’t show me how to incline my bed and didn’t tell me i was able to move my head around and up and get water and they didn’t tell me how to notify for help if i needed it
        • i couldn’t ask bc i could barely talk after surgery
        • ***VERY DIFFICULT to talk … uttering sounds really
        • … i was scared so i just laid in discomfort until morning and i eventually made a racket by banging something against the metal bar of the side of my bed … nurse/lady that came in was not compassionate at all and looked pissed … i was so out of that it didn’t make me feel too uncomfortable … she eventually got julie (who stayed overnight for me but not with me, would’ve helped if she stayed with me but not sure if thats allowed) … asked julie if i should apologize to her and julie was so sweet to reassure me that that girl is always like that and not to worry about it
        • i asked julie that i needed help and some water, and how to use the bed recliner thing… thats when she showed me how and told me that doctors encourage patients to move around on their own and i asked her to help me lift my weak ass dizzy self up a bit so i can feed myself my own water
        • she was as patient and compassionate as she can ever be and i still appreciated that
      • honestly felt so worried and uncomfortable and anxious about being discharged a few hours later knowing i could not keep my eyes open, i was very dizzy, sleepy (still had general anesthesia in me julie had assumed) and I HAD TO get my own meds at the pharmacy and find my own way home using the, at the time, still anxious about the kakao taxi (a normal taxi was more inconvenient)… julie also read me precautions and gave the papers for me to read at home but i couldn’t take a word in bc of my state of mind at that time but luckily i knew this would happen and had asked her to tell me majority of the precautions BEFORE surgery (while i was in the waiting room) bc i would be too disoriented to listen if precautions are given AFTER surgery … (i don’t know why clinics do this? logic?)
      • also luckily i knew where the pharmacy was bc i wanted to explore around the area to get more of a feel of it before i went into surgery the night before so i wasn’t lost when i had to get meds in my disoriented state
      • i asked why i couldn’t get meds before my surgery as it would be much easier with a clearer mind and julie only said they don’t do that (I am assuming that it was be unlawful for them to prescribe me meds, I buy them, and then not return for my actual surgery)
      • the pharmacist right nearby, downstairs and several steps outside which was very lucky for me, was super kind and spoke some English… he also helped me with my whole kakao taxi thing a bit and off i went to home and knocked out for a bit

• GH (just a guesthouse/hostel that I stayed at; not affiliated with DA)
  • THIS IS WHERE JESSICA THE GUESTHOUSE HOST WAS SUPER CONSIDERATE AND SWEET too, forever thankful, (over booking inquiries through email, she helped with personal accommodations, even sending directions and pictures, and on the night i arrived, she personally took the time to walk me to the nearest convenience store so i would know where to find it, and her bf and her actually dropped me off at a place that I could eat (veg place), her bf also helped me break my luggage lock bc i had lost my luggage key somewhere along the way; they honestly went out of their way and made my solo trip ever more soothing)
    • anyway on the first day back to my guesthouse, i had a pumpkin porridge pot waiting for me on the stove and a bowl for me covered with aluminium foil
    • super kind and thoughtful
    • and the next day, a veggie porridge pot… honestly so thankful for Jessica and her family
    • (bc i had emailed jessica asking about how normal it would be for plastic surgery foreigners to stay bc i don’t want to scare other guests, she reassured me that there are many that stay and they even offer porridges for 20 000 won (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
    • heating bed and several puffy comfortable pillows for me to sleep on as i cannot lie down flat after surgeries
    • refrigerator in my room
    • quiet personal space in basement level… with kitchen
    • shampoo, body wash, hand soap on site for you
    • hair dryer and towel in your room
    • closet where you can get extra pillows/towels if needed for you
    • tv with english channels

-** mini paper cups will help you drink water and gargle water !! small spoon helps for you to eat !!

- first day and second day of recovery post op

• no appetite
  • super lonely, sad, depressed, and thinking what was wrong with me and why was trying to fix my face so important to me in the first place and how it seems like maybe I’m a ****ty person for wanting this, etc.
  • had not slept well
  • can’t breathe well
  • getting used to the feeling of choking on water
  • time went by super slowly
  • day 2-4 swelling hits you the most!!!
    • eyes were not veryyy bruised but def more swollen (not like allergies type of swollen though, allergies type of swollen to me is worse)
    • can’t close mouth, still breathing through mouth, swollen lower cheeks and chin area
  • day 2 went for check up… by this time i was more comfortable with Kakao taxi, not quite but at least more so…
  • shampoo service
  • had a deswelling treatment (lay down in darkness and cover your yes and theres warm laser on you) and two other sweet girls helped me with disinfecting my inside stitches and pulled out the stuffings in my nose (girl said to make ahhh sounds which helped, bc it was a short but slightly intense discomfort/little pain)
    • can breathe better now but not fully … nose stuffy and little runny
  • day 3 was a little better… got to finally video chat with my sister back home and it made it a lottttt better, truly lifted my spirit up and from then on, healing felt better too
  • julie booked me in for another deswelling treatment (treatment lasts for 20 ish min)
    • nose still stuffy and little runny
    • eyes dry
  • day 4 was a little better than day 3 (gradually gets better each day, overall sense of wellbeing and swelling goes down)
    • can close mouth now
    • eyes no swelling but more purple bruising
    • swelling around mouth is coming down but still looks like chipmunk
    • start brushing teeth now as per doctors orders
    • (still must gargle every couple of hours and right after eating though)
    • can breathe better
    • eyes dry
    • can start to take off head compression bandage after every hour for 30 min, and can sleep without it on
  • day 5 was when i actually slept for longer without waking up!
    • bruising turns yellow ish
    • felt good enough to walk to clinic instead of taxi, walked around a lot to different places actually, which also helped de swelling
    • had de swelling treatment
    • realized that i should’ve asked fc surgeon if he could show me a graphic of what i could look like post surgery if he could on the computer….
    • eyes are dry

• day 6 post op, scheduled to take out stitches
    • can finally talk comfortably
    • can close my mouth fully and can open my mouth more
    • def more appetite today
    • did little shopping today skin care and makeup :smile:
    • went to take out stitches
      • eye stitches - pain level out of 10… its 0-10 real quick on and off, couldn’t help but squirm and automatic reflex was to move little even though i was told not to move … didn’t move a lot though
      • nose cast — omg cast and tape off hurt like a *****hh bc i broke my bones during the procedure so its already very sensitive and the tape was really stuck on bc my skin dry
        • stitches out from outside, not inside yet
        • disinfect nostrils and stitches in there… hurt more like 6/10 on one nostril bc they said i had scab there… again squirmed and tried not to move out of reflex
      • jaw/chin tape … this one hurt 2/10 and ripped it out fast bc any slower the pain would’ve intensified and lasted longer lol
    • got to see myself in mirror… excited but … liking it but underwhelmed bc my nose looked still kind of wide and tip still kind of low (was perfect actually but i knew after swelling, it might be expected to go lower than right now)… might be due to swelling … had questions…
      • got to see eye doc — everything went great! no questions really but a huge thank you and reconfirmed what was done - epi, lat, low
      • got to see nose doc — said my case was very bad — had no septum and droopy with two ish cartilages, was empty basically. so he had to use 3 donated rib cartilage pieces to support septum or in lieu of septum, remove a lot of scar tissue, shorter higher silicone for bridge, used old ear cartilage he thinks its 2 stacks for tip and tied tip.
        • he couldn’t narrow my lower third of my nose more so than now bc my nostrils already narrow and nose was farther out bc of my donated rib cartilages
        • concha for strut / strut questions ???

• day 7 - stayed in, explored a bit outside, got some cheap goodies

• day 8- a lot of exploring/shopping around bookstore & street .. de swelling treatment
    • swelling has gone down tremendously, still visibly swollen around mouth area but not that, bruising is not very apparent anymore, still yellow ish under eyes and jaw area and small purple around chin area
    • **very happy with results so far.. BUT NOW that swelling has gone from eyes.. as much as i like the results, i still see asymmetry with eyes , as in my lower eye lid line for one of my eyes is still higher than the other, which i wanted to go lower and more open, as much as the other eye … maybe there are limitations/this brow bone is higher than the other which affects my eye orbital bone area … ? but still , i need answers..
    • saw julie for de swelling treatment and this is where i didn’t really feel satisfied w responses
      • i asked her if she was busy bc i had some q’s
      • not busy but she looked a little visibly and very slightly irritated and mentioned that i saw the doctor before and why i didnt ask… and i appreciate her being honest here— she said the doctors will think she’s not doing her job explaining things to me properly or her english isn’t clear (which tbh its really good, but i already knew there are words/meanings missing through translation, not her fault! it’s just how it will be with any language translations) … i told her let them know its not your fault and that i have more questions over time when swelling goes down and i see more of the outcome…
      • this is where i also felt a bit offended bc in every opportunity i had with the surgeons, i am the type to write down a number of q’s on paper and make sure to ask, she sees this … and my q’s take time to come up with as time goes on, especially in this case, where my eye looked more even when it was swollen so i didn’t need to ask, but now that i visibly see there is a difference, obviously that question is now on my mind… (its not too bad, I’m just a big perfectionist, and I’m sure there are limitations but i just want the surgeons reasonings/explanations )
      • i told julie yes, i tried to ask as many questions as possible, but as you are aware, the doctors rush in and out most of the time and in the moment, i can’t always put my two cents in and i need time to absorb information…
      • she seemed like she understands and she still helped and was still friendly, i get that her position must be demanding and tiring too
      • i also told her that i flew in all by myself and i paid a lot of money for this, and surgery is not a small thing, so of course I need to know any and all information as much as possible to understand anything and everything and she understands that part

• day 9, spirit was a little low given yesterdays events and my mind going back to my eyes …
    • video chatted with sis and dad and they made a world of a difference, sis made me laugh and dad understood me but gave me his insight, advice, guidance and comfort…
    • walked to sinsa-dong garasugil shopping street for a few hours (didn’t get anything)
    • was so hungry decided to try a restaurant, no go bc there was no veggies or this other place i wanted to try was closed
    • on way home, found bakery and got a small loaf of chestnut bread for 4500
    • and another restaurant grandparents owned restaurant, knew little english and with help of Google Translate and actions and hand gestures, they knew what i needed :smile: FIRST SOLID MEAL :’)

• day 10, spirit rising, hoping my overly critical self and perfectionist type of being will slowly change mindset to something better, or hoping my eyes will look more symmetrical and open as time goes on …
    • first snow fall!!! first winter in another country!!
    • Innisfil for the 3rd time this trip :’) gift for Jessica/Julie
    • de swelling treatment!!
    • video chatted with dad and sis!

• day 11, feeling good, late start to day but ate super big breakfast for the first time (toast with PB, toast with jam & butter, OJ, coffee)
    • explored
    • video chatted with parents, sis
    • moved upstairs bc of thoughtful Jessica, beautiful upstairs and beautiful deluxe twin room I have (basement level was going to be noisy with full families checking in; initially stayed in basement level bc it was quieter and more private right after my surgery)

• day 12, feeling good, pretty much no yellow bruising visible, eye corners itching a little/scabbing?, eyes look a little more even ish :smile:
    • walked to Express Bus Terminal aka Goto Mall and Famille Station and Shinsegae Department store attached … sells everythinggg in Goto .. there all day
    • GH Jessica so sweet, i asked about airport tranportation options and she gave me map of airport limousine bus and subway routes to Incheon, told me prices of taxi and limo bus and told me she’d drive me to bus stop for limo bus, and since they don’t take cc but exact cash or T-Money card, she said she’d break change for me :’) (14,000 won for limo bus to Incheon from GH - 1-1.5 hours)
    • BUT when I asked DA about airport drop off service, Julie was able to arrange for me without charge :smile: , taxi picking me up at GH to Incheon Terminal 2 :smile:

• day 13, bitter sweet goodbyes at DA and walking around the area for the last full day here, developed a warm bond with SK and my guesthouse and the clinic!!
    • stitches out of nose - no hurt , maybe 1/10
    • mouth stitches felt long and painful but bc my eyes were open, my other senses were stimulated and i could distract myself, unlike when they took out my eye stitches and i had to keep my eyes closed and all i could focus on was that pain…mouth stitches pain was 6-9/10 depending on which area of mouth they were touching
    • as requested and brought up a few times over the days, I was lucky enough that the eye doctor was available to see me again as i wanted to first say thank you so much, I love the results, however, noticing that my right eye is looks smaller than the other eye, that lower eye line is slightly higher.. he said eyes look well, he was attentive and careful as he was observing closely, said eyes look well but still swollen and as swelling decreases it will look more even… asked about the minor itchiness or scabbing of eye corners and said I’m allowed to use q-tips to remove anything… i was mostly satisfied with his care and responses :smile:
    • emergency meds prescribed (this was unexpected but it was very professional of them, better safe than sorry (even though it was an extra unplanned 81,000 won)
      • same antibiotics as given right after post op
      • nose antibiotics for 30days straight 1x a day at night, reducing inflammation
    • CT scans, took after photos
    • saw jaw doctor and shown before and after images and scans of my face on computer :smile: and answered all my questions and took a pic with my doc :smile:
      • questions include:
      • will screws absorb over time? will bones/screws shift over time? effects of screws over time? mouthguard to wear at night? will chin and jaw area be less swollen by xmas time?
    • de swelling treatment for the last time (I think this might be the 7th time in total which was amazing bc usually they give 3-5x depending on your length of stay)
    • super appreciative of them for being considerate and taking in all my requests
      • CT and Xray DVD scans of my before and afters
      • medical letter given
      • all photocopies of my signed consent forms as i requested
    • goodbye pic and gift for Julie :smile:
    • reconfirmed TAXI info and arrangement
    • walked around area for last time & did last min shopping & shopped underground at Gangnam Station ! some xmas gifts
      • fell in love with Banila Co. (more expensive than Innisfree but def less than Sephora)

• day 14, home made breakfast for the 3rd morning here on upper floor :smile:
    • checking in online, seat and meal plan
    • asked Jessica if she could print boarding pass for me :smile:
      • will return keys and pay for porridges x3
      • early checkout today
    • said goodbyes, gave Jessica her gift and took selfie with her
    • taxi came early to get me :smile: , took a while to get to airport
    • nose has been slightly runny all day
  • day 18
    • other questions came to mind such as sneezing a few times and effects on nose, if electronic toothbrush vibration affects chin/jaw area,
    • answered back in timely manner, appreciated that
    • nose still stiff and chin/jaw area still stiff and tingly (not too big of a deal, more than half the time i don’t notice unless i focus on it)
    • headaches/pressure on back of head (dont think its related to post op but maybe bc of weather or home environment)

1 month post-op

• eyes - looking even and satisfied with the overall appearance
    - little tiny bump/scar forming on corner of eyes but barely noticeable, I’m just worried that it may grow bigger; its also a bit itchy! But it is not toooo concerning right now!
  • chin/jaw - still numb and cannot open it completely but I can still eat/laugh/talk but I am still very cautious just in case
    • jaw more even as rest of swelling still going down gradually :smile:
  • nose - swelling has gone down, still defined-looking and very high (which I had requested), slight curve and not completely straight bridge which is okay BUT i do notice that my nose bridge seems a bit crooked … that being said, nose surgeon said my nose was already deviated which was true, but I honestly felt like it was only deviated bc of my first rhinoplasty and previous silicone, not my natural-born nose… but it is not bad, so I will not worry about it right now; I only notice it if I really really really focus on it and if I press with a bit more pressure on the sides (overall, i am still much more satisfied than my first post-op post experience :smile:; it is still early in my revision post-op journey though)
    • I still sleep with my head very elevated because I’m paranoid about my nose swelling up and turning into scarring or becoming bulbous again like my first rhinoplasty so I am extra cautious, careful and considerate of my nose with everything I do
    • started to carefully tape nose with medical tape 2 nights ago, although dr never told me to, after my own research and asking Julie if it would be okay, she did say that if I wanted to I could (I only want to bc I knew from my first rhinoplasty I was very easy to swell and as I just mentioned, I am very paranoid about swelling turning into scarring/scar tissue development, and I have thick oily skin on my nose, so taping would help my skin lay down on cartilage/contour more with recovery (research shows pros and cons to this though! some just advise to gently massage down your nose instead of taping!)
    • also started taking Bromelain 2 nights ago (after researching, I found this is something found in pineapples that helps with swelling as well and many people take this OR Arnica Montana post-op to help swelling/bruising) (Not always necessary but it is up to you!)

1 month + 2 weeks post-op

• although early in recovery, am still very satisfied with how every procedure is healing and am very grateful. (I remember after my first nose surgery in the past, it was changing really badly after a month and a few weeks)
    • my nose has definitely slimmed down than when I first took off the cast
    • it is definitely feeling stronger as time goes by
    • i can flare my nostrils a bit if i want to now haha
    • I think taping and taking bromelain has been helping me a lot but also my nose surgeon’s expertise and skill performing this complicated procedure on me was amazingly better than my first nose surgery experience in my past
  • inquired about my eye corner bumps to Julie and after she viewed my photos and asked the doctor, she got back to me in timely manner and reassured me that it is part of swelling and it will go away after time, and not to touch or scratch it even if its a bit itchy
  • she also reminded me to keep doing my mouth opening exercises that I keep forgetting to do
    • however my mouth has still been opening wider/bigger slowly over time without too much discomfort (as long as I am not forcing it too much)
    • sometimes I feel slight pressure/bit of pain on my chin but it’s not at all much or concerning
    • chin is still numb but not at all bothersome

Additional SK/PS notes:
**IF YOU SHOW YOUR PASSPORT EVERYWHERE YOU SHOP IN SK, YOU GET TAX FREE DISCOUNT
*baby oil to lightly massage will really help with some relaxation and swelling

*BE EXTREMELY SPECIFIC WITH YOUR CONCERNS/REQUESTS… even if its small or minor… ex. don’t say your eyes are uneven, explain why you think its uneven and on what sides or where

*KEEP a list of your questions, concerns, and write down all the answers given from the doctors, etc.

*DONT expect perfection or perfect symmetry

*LOST IN TRANSLATION …. THIS IS WHERE I ALSO REALIZE THAT MESSAGES CAN BE A LITTLE LOST IN TRANSLATION NO MATTER THE LANGUAGE/COUNTRY YOURE IN! Im sure meanings are not lost in a huge way but the smallest change in a sentence can still mean something different when translated- just be mindful.

Hi there -

I’m super interested in your experience as not only is DA in my shortlist (I’ve consulted with them on kakaotalk too), but I am also having the exact same procedures done as you have ! Our nose and jaw situations sound very very similar too. I had a primary with an implant and it’s not only deviated, but my base is super bulbous (doctor did not touch that part / my jaw is very asymmetrical and I will need to shave it down, possibly just on one side.

Sorry for the long intro, but I’m just really excited to read your review. How is everything so far with you ... Are you still feeling positive about your surgeries ? Also, Namu is my number 1 pick - why did you decide not to go with them ?

Thanks !! So looking forward to hearing back from you :smile:

That’s great experience you had! I wanted to go there initially. Until they told me the max discount I can get is 10% and if I wanted 20%, they will not give me tax rebate.

So end up I back out because their quotation was way out of my budget. When I wanted my SD back, they said they can give me 20% and tax rebate if I write a good review for them.

But my concern was I didn’t wanna be obligated to write a good review if the result didn’t turn out good. They also messed up my personal details and surgery schedule too. So end up I have to go with another clinic.

I hope your results turn out great! Looking forward to your update and thank you for sharing!

Hi! Not a long intro at all haha - I am glad I can help you a bit with the similar issues I had as you :smile: first off, you are not alone!! I definitely understand the concerns you may be feeling about these things.

I was feeling very positive about my recovery and surgeries so far but a couple days ago I began to worry a lot about my nose tip swelling (will talk about it in depth as a separate post once I reply to others comments!)

The reason why I didnt go with Namu was because when I first messaged them, they referred me to a different number for English I believe which was totally okay but I wasn't sure why they didnt make the contact numbers more transparent/easily accessible on the web? What I didn't feel good about was that they took a long time to respond to my inquiries and eventually, they didnt get back to me at all. The last message I got was 'Sorry for the late response. Ill let you know the exact diagnosis on Thursday', to which I replied with 'Okay please and thank you! If you could, can you send me before and after pictures of rhinoplasties with thick skin?'. I felt like I wasn't cared for or taken seriously for something as serious as surgeries, especially for someone going overseas alone, I needed to feel confident in the person I was in contact with as well as the clinic and I didn't recieve that from Namu.

I hope you may have a better experience with them and I wish you nothing but goodness from the places/procedures you seek! :smile:

Hi, thank you very much :smile: and I only hope that the recovery and post op journey will be smoother and positive the rest of the way, as I am only in the very beginning right now! But would like to share to all and be as transparent and personable as I can because reviews like that on Purseforum truly helped me as well and I want to give back.

Yes! When I inquired about the tax thing, they also said the same thing and I opted for the 'max 20%' because that is more than airport tax rebates which is only 8% or 10% I believe. I only got a bit more than 20% discount (for anyone reading this, I spoke more about it above in my journal notes) because there was a pricing mistake on their end and I also agreed to provide headshots for their in-clinic use as well as write a review (they never told me to write a good review though; they only said that I write a review).
Based on my values and ethics alone, I do not believe in being deceitful but in transparency and honesty based on my personal experiences ... not doing so can harm others in making choices that may not be the best for them because of a lie/deceit in a review. Im sorry if you felt pressured or obligated to only write a good review! And sorry they messed up on your schedule/surgery details, thats a scary feeling!! If I had the same experience, I would turn around as well. But I am glad you followed your instincts! and went with something you felt better for you in the end :smile:

Thank you so much, appreciate your sweet words, xo! It was something I definitely had to challenge myself with that and I really had to decide on what I was willing to do on my own/what was personally worth it for me. I honestly feel a lot stronger, more empowered and braver now after going through this journey and believing in myself in comparison to before. I also owe this to my family, I was very fortunate that my immediate family was in consistent contact with me & my dad and my sister are my most supportive and comforting people in my life.