BeautyHacker

Payment and Lodging Question for Korean PS

hello I'm new to all this and despite searching the threads I don't see where this basic info would be? how surgeries are paid for? Credit? Check? Cash? I'm not sure what the common practice is? Do you get more bargaining power paying with cash?

Also for lodging did you stay at hotels? Or AirBnB? Is there an existing thread that covers the basics for PS in Korea and I'm just not finding it? TIA

You can pay either with cash or credit card. Some forumners mentioned that they had higher bargaining power when they pay by cash. However, for some plastic surgery clinics, they would charge you an additional of 10% if you pay via credit card.
Do let the plastic surgery clinics know that you need a VAT (tax) refund. Remember to bring your passport along.

Some plastic surgery clinics provide free accommodation at their designated hostels etc. Some plastic surgery clinics have affliated hotels that give their patients a cheaper rate.
Most would find their own accommodation (e.g. hotels, airbnb) which is close to their plastic surgery clinics as most would need to go back to the clinics for regular followups.

Fortunecat gave some really good advice about how to pay for the surgeries!

As for accommodations most folks stay in the Sinsa or Gangnam area while recovering. A lot of Airbnb hosts are used to tourists coming for medical tourism so it’s not weird.

Really good advice. Thanks!