BeautyHacker

My Experience/Review at TFD (Mini Vline + zygoma reduction)

Hi everyone,

I am now about 3 weeks post-op and went to do mini vline and zygoma reduction at The Face Dental in December 2018. So far I am happy with the progress of my results and wanted to share my experience/PS journey. I’ll try to keep everything short and sweet

English is not my first language so please forgive my grammar LOL

How did I find out about the clinic?

I started doing research to find reputable clinics that offer vline procedures in South Korea and saw a lot of positive feedback from people who went to TFD. Since I only had a short time available to travel and get my surgery done, I wanted to find a clinic and book my surgery date beforehand. It is not always the best thing to do but I chose to do it since I was confident with my decision and was going during busy season.

My concerns:

*Wide cheekbones (with 1 side sticking out way more) - I disliked the shape of the curve

*A long and wide chin that was out of balance with the rest of my face

My criteria when I was looking for a clinic:

· A clinic that has consistent and reliable good reviews (got positive feedback from real patients I was able to contact personally)

· A small clinic because there is less chance to be treated as “just another customer”

· A Maxillofacial surgeon who is known to specialize in a few procedures and has many years of experience

· A surgeon who understands Western beauty standards and who tends to be conservative (to me this means the surgeon doesn’t take risks)

· A clinic that offers affordable prices to foreigners

Online consultation:

I contacted TFD via Kakao and was surprised that Dr Lee personally answered all my messages. Dr Lee is fluent in English and can without any issue speak it and understand it. Since I had a lot of questions, I also asked him to schedule a skype consultation and he quickly arranged a time to chat. During that Skype consultation he seemed very nice and honest about what can be done based on my expectations, the risks entailed by the procedures, and took time to answer all my questions in detail.

After this initial skype consultation and hearing about previous patients' experiences, I had a very good feeling about the clinic and Dr Lee and decided to put a deposit in order to book my surgery date.

In-person consultation:

I arrived very early in the morning in Seoul and then headed to the clinic to meet with Dr Lee and plan my surgery.

Before meeting with Dr Lee, I got my x-rays and blood work done. Then during the consultation, I discussed again my concerns and expectations about the surgery. What I was worried about was the sagging that can be caused by zygoma reduction. Dr Lee was able to reassure me and told me that considering my young age, skin elasticity, and amount that would be reduced I should not worry about the sagging and risk was very minimal. I also wanted to know how much he planned to shave off my jaw to make sure I can achieve what I wanted. He showed me on the xrays that my nerves were pretty low and that he couldn’t shave a lot. However, he could still meet my expectations (reducing length and width) and achieve natural results. At the end of the consultation I also asked Dr Lee to photoshop one of my pictures, so I could have an idea of my results.

Overall, in-person consultation was great, and Dr Lee was very patient to answer all of my questions, discuss my expectations, and was clear about all the risks entailed by the procedures.

Surgery day:

My surgery was scheduled in the morning. I felt quite nervous as I just couldn’t believe that this day had finally come and never had done PS before. Nevertheless, I knew that I was in good hands with Dr Lee and could trust him with my face.

I met once more with him before the surgery to confirm all the details and then I was taken to the warden to change my clothes and prepare for the surgery. After that, I was taken to the operating room.

After the surgery I woke up from the GA and felt dizzy. I was taken to a clinic room where the nurses kept checking on me every 30min to monitor my vitals and make sure that I wasn’t falling asleep. My throat hurt a lot but I wasn’t allowed to drink water for 4 hours (such a horrible feeling after fasting for over 8 hours lol). I started feeling better little by little until I was finally able to drink water! I stayed about 6 hours in the clinic room until I was discharged.

Post care:

I went to the clinic every 2/3 days for check-ups and the deswelling treatment. Dr Lee personally looked at the progress of my deswelling and made sure again to address any concerns that I had.

On my last check-up he told me he will keep checking on me via kakao when I hit the 2-3months mark and when I visit SK again in the summer.

Overall experience at the clinic:

The nurses were very nice and took good care of me when I was recovering on the day of my surgery. Although they don’t speak much English, they really do their best to make everything go as smoothly as possible and are very sweet!

Dr Lee seem like a very happy and chill doctor, but obviously takes his job seriously. I liked that he was patient, it made me feel at ease. Most importantly, I would say he is very professional, honest, and transparent about expectations vs what can be done and that’s what made me trust him.

So overall, I am very satisfied with the experience I had at the clinic :smile: Don't think you could ever go wrong with picking it, Dr Lee is a great surgeon!

Healing:

Day 1 – Day 3: This was the hardest as my swelling was at peak and kept increasing. I also got a lot of bruises and my entire bottom face was purple (I looked like I got beaten up). It was also hard to breath at night during the second and third day as swelling got worse, so I wasn’t able to sleep that well.

Day 4 – day 15: From then my swelling started to get better each day and I could really see an improvement. I was also taking Bromelain to help with the bruising. By day 14, all my bruises were gone!

Day 15- day 21: I haven’t noticed much difference in the swelling. My cheeks are chubby and I also have a slight double chin. However, I have started to get my normal feeling back under my bottom lip and chin.

Note that for my cheekbones I only wanted a slight reduction and improve the symmetry between the two. It is not perfect but at least it's better than before so I am satisfied with it :smile:

Hope this helps everyone, and I’ll keep updating on my progress :biggrin:

See below for pictures TFD collage.jpgTFD - 20 days.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your review. If you don’t mind me asking, does TFD provide discount for multiple procedure ? Dr Lee recommended me zygoma reduction, v line, and fat-muscle reduction, but he only gave me individual prices for each procedure. So I’m wondering if there is discount if we do more than one procedure :smile:

Hey Viamala,

I did get some kind of discount by getting the full fc package at 8.8 mil (vs 4.4mil for genio+ 4.4 for zygoma + another 4.4 for jaw reduction). However, I am not sure how much it would be with buccal fat removal on top of that so I would ask!

Wow that is indeed a very good deal, especially since your results are so beautiful! Would you be interested in exchanging kakao? My cheekbones are similar to yours before surgery, very wide and jutting so I would love to chat with people who have successfully changed it

Hey, yes I am still swollen on the lower part of my face. It's also kind of stubborn for me...

Right now I will just keep doing daily exercise, drinking lots of water, and eat protein to help with muscle repair because that's all we can really do :sad:

Thanm you! My kakao ID is the same as my username here

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...