BeautyHacker

TFD v line + buccal fat removal experience

Hi guys I'm in Korea right now literal ly 3 hours post op. I had v line, buccal fat removal and chin lipo at the face dental. Cost was 6.5 krw, very reasonable esp considering tax refund brings it down to 5.9 for everything. Like everyone has said Dr Lee is very nice and puts you at ease let's you ask as much as you want and speaks good English. Nurses barely speak English but you can get through with gestures and phone translator and everyone is nice. I will upload pics in a few days, I look horrible right now lol. I really hope that my chin looks good, I was very self conscious about the genetic fat pad I had there. Looking forwards to a speedy recovery. Will upload more details when I'm not feeling so ugh but If anyone has qs let me know.

Thanks for your review, wishing you a speedy recovery!:smile: I have a few questions if that's ok, I was wondering if there were many people in the clinic?
And also (you may not be able to answer this yet, but) how many days after the surgery is it until your stitches will be taken out for v-line? And how many days until you can eat solid food? Thank you so much!

Hiya! Well it's day two and I was eating some rice that's provided free at my Airbnb but I did get a weird pain in my ear when swallowing a few times. Also I guess it's not really solid since I was just not chewing too much. I mean it ain't juice but it ain't carrots yknow. I think in 2 days I should be able to eat fine.
The stitches are dissolvable so no worries about that, I'm leaving in a week.
There didn't seem to be many but it's hard to tell. Maybe 4 other people on the ward?

Day 2. Last night was terrible. So much constant phlegm and blood in my throat, it was making me wretch which can't have been good for the bone placement and whatever. I was worried something was wrong because like brown stringy bits were coming out (tmi) but it eventually stopped and Dr Lee reassured me. Didn't really sleep due to that problem and having to stay uncomfortably upright. I was sent home at 6:30pm day of the surgery, surprised I didn't stay the night but yeah Have loads of pills and stuff to be taking. Eating a bit of porridge this morning seemed to help alleviate the constant stream of choke-worthy phlegm so if anyone else has that problem just try to make yourself eat and drink a little bit. Pain is not too bad, just uncomfortable and want a good night's rest.

I recommend that you buy extra tissues or loo roll for all of the drool and blood. I went through two rolls just last night.

Thanks so much for your reply!:smile: Day 2 sounds painful, I hope it will get better soon, but it's good to read a review which doesn't hide the painful parts of the surgery

For fast post op recovery I recommend getting a blender, instant porridge is easy to find in grocery stores and you can blend it to make it even smoother. Don't use a straw FYI. Also for added protein chawanmushi (egg pudding) is easy to make if you have access to a microwave, I'd blend it into my porridge and it was pretty good. Brown bits is normal, during surgery blood pools in the sinuses so post op your body will slowly be discharging it.

EDIT: also, I recommend drinking a ton of soymilk.

Sorry for a dumb question but is it rice porridge? What does it look like? I've been to a couple of supermarkets but I don't think I've seen it. Like I've seen microwave rice type stuff but no actual porridge. I've already been eating dried fruit and rice cakes and stuff so soft food isn't really that important but I do just like porridge and eat it every day at home so would like to find this.

in a thread i red that some customers find tfd v line doesn't change their square face shape so i wonder if it's true because i want an oval with pointed chin lol i don't want to spend money for nothing

Yes, its korean congee, comes in a plastic cup with a lid, usually found in the aisle with instant currys, sauces, etc.

He is conservative but he can do dramatic if you want it.
I prefer a surgeon doing less than too much and regretting it.

Thanks for the review. I’m also interested in TFD for FC. Would you be interested in exchanging kakao to chat about surgery at tfd? :smile:

Sure, mine is pepperminnt (double n) :smile:

I second the congee food to have : ) once youre able to chew on soft foods, you should get congee, its so tasty and filling as heck!! theyre usually chicken flavored and you can have one with thousand year old egg in it (which really compliments the chicken congee) definitely have one at a sit in place if you can heh hehh

I'm so so excited for you on your surgery, is your adrenaline just pumping from getting these procedures done? I can't wait to see more updates in this thread about your progress!

I do have a question about TFD, did you get to see any portfolios or anything at this clinic? I want to see more of his dramatic work but his website didnt have too much, but what I saw so far on his site, they look SOOOO cute and doll like/not many pointy chins (which I like). I'm saving up right now for my double jaw/vline/jaw shave surgery, TFD is my first choice and I'm still researching other places, but I'm not really vibing other places. So I'm really excited you chosen TFD! That means maybe I can ask you questions? :idea:

Also to earlier comment in the thread, I heard Dr. Lee is extremely personable, and he likes having one on one with patients, so I think it make sense there isnt that many people crowding at his clinic (I also read somewhere around this time of year its slow too? please correct me on any of these if wrong.)

wishing you a fast recovery!! and the most satisfying results possible.:biggrin:

Thank you for such a nice message! I'm home now and eating carrots and whatever I want no problem so it's all good feel free to add me on kakao if you want to ask more questions or see pictures. This is apparently quiet time for foreigners but hot season for actual Koreans, which there's a lot more of so I don't know! You're right about him being personable, you can tell he actually cares and he asked me to keep him updated with my recovery and let him know how I'm doing over the past few months which was sweet. I do recommend him for your vline :smile: