BeautyHacker

Rhinoplasty and Facial Fat Graft at UVOM Plastic Surgery

Hi guys, I just wanna share my experience for rhino and fg in SK. I ve been 2 weeks post op now.
  • Procedures: revision rhino (nose elongation, fixing bulbous tip, deviated columella, shaping bridge-dorsum curve, shaping nostrils, adjusting nasolabial angle ) & Facial fat graft (forhead, chin, cheeks, jaw area, temples...)
  • My list: MVP, Uvom, Ilumi, Dream, GNG, Seoullista, POP, VIP, Banobagi, April 31,.....
  • My final decision of clinic: Uvom, Dr Lee Jung Soo
  • Cost: 10mil. Krw for rev. rhino & 2 sesions of facial fat graft.
  • Result: so far, it is too early to judge the result, as it will be settled in 3-6months, or even 1 year. However, im sastified with my choice of clinic, (reasons ‘ll be explained later), tho at this moment there are still things i like and dont like about my current look.
I had consulted with abt 15 clinics online before i came to SK. I focused mostly on meticulousness in their consultation, then prices. Each person has different base, and i was no way interested in a general consultation content like “we will elongate your nose, make tip slimmer, then make this curve as you like...”, with no more details...

So after abt 2 months consulting around, my short list for f2f consults was MVP, Uvom, Ilumi, Dream, Seoullista due to quality of their suggestions on what should be done on my nose. VIP was very good in details also, but price was way super high i couldnt afford.

Sorry, I ‘ll skip all contents of f2f consults with clinics, too long to go in details. I chose Uvom eventually, again because they seemed to be the most detailed in consultation, and what they thought to be done match my expectation; also i vibed with Dr. Lee, he seemed to be very careful and attentive. I started my f2f appointment at 1pm and i left there at 7pm, i myself even couldnt believe it, most of the time i spent with the consultant- Eunice, and saw Dr abt 15 mins only, but the contents satisfied me. All my friends who had come to Uvom also spent hours there. I guess spending that much time on each patient may be one of their strategy, however, it worths trying to consult with them, coz you will find out a lot of new things about ur current conditions. What i like most was that they pointed out my nasolabial angle was very small, and they would fix it with nose- philtrum surgery, which I never knew and thought about.

I think we may appreciate the clinics which take X-ray of our noses for analysis more than those not doing that. For me, MVP was good too, but they just took photos of my nose and anticipation of results was quite poor then, so i crossed them off even tho price was very resonable (they offered me 3.5mil krw only for rhino).

I decided to do all procedures of rhino (except alar plasty, coz im not certain abt scarring matter), and full face FG. For rhino, i used septal cartilage + ear cartilage + PCL for tip, ePTFE for bridge (u can google this material, I like Uvom since they introduced this to me also).

On surgery date, i had about 30-40mins to consult in details with Dr about what to be done. This is very important, so u guys pls remember to note down all the things to be discussed in advance, and make sure u dont forget anything to tell before u go under sedation. I had a 7 hour surgery, waking up with a burning sore throat, and walked back home on my own. I really liked my nose shape right after surgery through the thin layer of bandages. For FG, they filled up my forehead and chin to very nice shapes, but for cheeks (at jaw area) i was really thinking they are underfilled, and Uvom told me that they cannot put a lot of fat in that area, it ll be absorbed fast as we chew, talk... and make the face sunken, etc... temporarily, i trust that explanation.

I dont know why i couldnt sleep for the 1st whole night, i just tried to eat much by drinking liquid food to get energy, pain was little but the sore throat and the cottons blocking ur nostrils were very annoying. I found out that if we try to inhale the bloods in nose to throat and throw out through mouth, the sore will be greatly alleviated. My Day 0 was quite tiring due to lack of sleep.

My swelling due to rhino started at Day 1, my eyes were really purple with bruises, i almost couldnt open my eyes, and my face was like all pumped up. I took bromelain, vit C, tons of pumpkin juice, and did ice packing all the time, then it deswelled amazingly after i woke up on Day 2. Then at the end of Day 2, the swelling due to FG began, my face was pumped up again, more terribly than Day 1. Again, i applied ice packing and all supplements. Swelling decreased gradually in Day 3,4,5. My face shape changed everyday, and this is a very hard time, u couldnt anticipate what will be ur final result, sometimes I liked it a lot, sometimes I hated it the most, so if u can, try to stay away from mirror for 1st week.

I came to Uvom for postop check at Day 2,4,8. Day 2 for nose cleaning, removal of ear bandages. Day 4 for nose cleaning, and columella stitch removal. Day 8 for all remaining stitch removal and some treatments to my ear since i got serious blood accumulation in ear post op. At those 3 checks, i received 3 light beam treatment sessions for deswelling. I am a slow healer, and i tried many method but i still have yellow bruises under eyes til now.

At the moment, i can say i liked the way Dr. Lee shaped my new nose based on my inspirational picture of Go Ah Ra. He formed nice nostrils from my ugly base, straightened up my columella, and make my radix- bridge at the right height. What i liked the most is nasolabial angle is nicely adjusted without any implant to my philtrum. About the tip, i kinda like it much because it looks like a natural nose and matched my aesthetic (from front view tip is a diamond shape as i requested). However, it is still swelling a lot (sigh -<<), and from side view, i think the line is a bit too curvy, and i hope the tip will be much lowered, then it can meet my desire (i know it will certainly be lowered, but just afraid it is not much enough).

For FG, my cheek fat go down a lot, im likely coming back to a hollow-cheek-girl soon, but with filled forehead, temples and chin, I can see that i look much better than before. And there is still 2nd session for me to fix it more, so I dont worry much on my cheeks at this point of time.

If u ask me about Uvom, i ll say I like the clinic, the Doctor (i only knew Dr. Lee, and have no idea about Dr. Kang), the consultant. They will not answer any of ur question in a general way, but they ‘d go into tiny details if u ask it out. For me, at least when a clinic listens carefully to you, they are likely to perform a better job based on well understanding.

Other staff at Uvom are cute and friendly too, tho none of them spoke English to me.

What i felt very cute and funny about them is that they brought me a Teddy Bear for me to hold during my stitch removal :smile:).

I ll keep updating about my progress. And if u have any questions about Uvom or abt rhino, or FG, just leave a comment or inbox me, I ll try to answer soon :smile:.
(Before & 10 days post-op)
96588503-C1FB-401A-BB3E-CDC9AC697055.jpeg

Thank you for sharing. Congratulations on your results thus far! You look so much more youthful and refreshed!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, thank u very much. This is pics that can show somehow abt my FG results, first photos is Before, and 3 other are my current looks from different angles. Tbh, the cheek fat didnot stay as my expectation, but my forehead and chin still look nice. And overall, i think it has been a big improvement to my previous version :P

And guys, by the way, I just wanna update my 1 month post op results. I was complaining abt uneven swelling of bridge (not much) and tip (super bad swelling). After a time, the tip has deswelled a bit and I look much less wierd now compared to 2 weeks before. My front profile is ok now, 45 degree is nice, but my side profile is not really as expected yet, my tip looks really high at that 90 degree, and there is still a dip in the middle of my nose. The reason is that my tip is still big and very stiff. I also cannot smile as normal as of now due to such stiff tip.
I really appreciate if somebody who had experience bulbous tip correction can advise me how long approx. it will take for deswelling of the tip??

Personally, my tip deswelling took a year to fully go away.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Mine was super upturned for the first 4 months. I cried about it almost every night but after that time period, it was completely fine. I’m sure you’ll be okay too! Also, this girl’s nose used to be upturned like this but now it looks great :smile: And apparently, swelling from revision is worse than a primary so I can’t comment on that

Thank you :smile: Hope so, I can only wait ... I had to quit my job and hole myself at home because I am so ashamed of my look T_T so depressing

I know what that's like :sad: But by now, I'm confident the swelling/upturned-ness will go away as it usually does. Do your best to remember it'll take 4-6 months to truly see a visible difference. When I look back at my recovery photos, it's shocking how obviously swollen and "un-healed" I was, but I really couldn't notice it back then and thought my life was over. All that helped me at that time was to not look at it like crazy and just compare photos every 2 weeks instead.

• 1 month later...