BeautyHacker

Experience with exchanging a lot of money in Korea?

Due to the credit limit on my card I’m thinking of bringing $5000CAD with me to Korea and then exchanging it at one of the places in Seoul.

Does anybody have any experience with exchanging large amounts of money? Would they take CAD dollars? Is there a limit on the amount you can exchange?

Thank you!!

Hi
I think there are no limit to exchange the CAD to KRW in bank or exchange place, Korea.
I paid my surgery fees with three methods: Bank transfer + Cash - USD$ & KRW, and then rest of the amount, I paid in Credit card.
Most of the PS/clinics will accept any currency. If not, then you can ask them whether CAD is acceptable or not.

Hi, Go to Myeong Dong, opposite the Chinese Embassy there are many currency exchange shops & they have the best xchange rates in Seoul. U can change as much as u like. Avoid the banks & the currency exchange points at the airport.... the WOAT rates.

Cool. Will def check this out on my next visit.

@K Couture any good recommendations for accommodation in the Apgujeong area? Fully serviced apartements, air bnb or hotels that are iwithin walking distance to all the clinics? thx in advance

I always stay at the prugio apartments in front of gangnam station exit 1. Its only about 60 usd per night, has a washing machine kitchen everything you need. Food court downstairs. Taxis lining up outside gangnam station exit 1. Super convenient. To the clinics only costs 5-6000 krw each way. Its got no housekeeping tho but how much of a mess you gonna be making if you just lying there recovering from some nip tuck :P

This is perfect. Just what I was looking for . Many thanks:biggrin:. Do they have a site where I can book directly?