BeautyHacker

Jaw reduction only

Hello! Turns out I am going to Korea with some family members for 2 weeks later this month, followed by a week in Japan.

I don't think I will get surgery while I'm there, since it's a family trip and I don't want to be out for 2 weeks recovering from major plastic surgery. That being said, I am interested in getting the surgery later this year and wonder if I could do some consultations.

My face has large, wide cheekbones that I absolutely love. I am NOT looking to reduce cheekbones at all. The risks of the cheekbone reduction surgery is not something I'm interested in and I actually prefer having high/large cheekbones.

That being said, I am interested in square jaw reduction (not sure about vline) because I have a square shaped face which consists largely of bone. I'm less in love with the square jaw aesthetic lol. I have had botox injections in the past, and while they did make a difference, I can tell the biggest issue is the bone.

I've also had eyelid surgery done in Korea back in 2014 and notice some slight asymmetry. I may consult about a revision as well.

Do you think that surgeons would automatically suggest I do cheekbone reduction as well as square jaw for "symmetry" purposes? Would they be open to someone only doing square jaw reduction?

If the consultations go well, how far ahead in the year could I schedule the surgery for?

a friend of mine got jaw reduction only, although she has quite wide asian-like cheeks. Her surgeon was regen’s doc Oh. Actually, during her first consultation, he mentioned that zygoma wouldn’t be out of place in her case as well, but she decided not to proceed it and now she regrets. Her results look already amazing but she thinks that doc Oh was right about her cheeks and now planning to get cheekbone reduction surgery as well

Last year, I travelled to Korea and I had my eyes, nose and v-line done at Opera at the same time. I do have wide cheekbones, and the doctor (dr kwong?) suggested that I get zygoma reduction, as well. I was sooooo afraid of sagging that everyone mentions about zygoma reduction that I decided not to do it. At first I was happy with my decision not to get zygoma reduction, I think that is because I was still a bit swollen. As its been a year post-op now, and the swelling in my face is completely gone, I really regret not getting my zygoma done. I am quite happy with my v-line, but i feel like now my jaw is smaller, chin is pointier, it really makes my zygoma stand out more. I am really self-conscious about it, and considering returning to Korea to get it done.

However, I am almost thirty now, and again really afraid of sagging.

Really conflicted as to what to do. If I were you, I would get it done at the same time as your square jaw reduction. I consulted with 3 clinics while I was there, and 2 of the 3 suggested zygoma reduction for me. The doctors will not force you to get something done that you do not want, they will just suggest what they think would look good on you. In the end, it is your face, so if you really like your high cheekbones, just let them know, and they will only do the jaw reduction for you.

• 2 weeks later...