BeautyHacker

My Double Jaw Surgery Review of Face Dental 2019.

Hi everyone my name is Paige and I just recently had Double Jaw surgery with genioplasty at the Face Dental Clinic with Dr Lee. I had a malocclusion due to a previous double jaw surgery and needed that fixed as well as shorten my face further since I felt the previous surgeon did an inadequate job shortening my upper jaw.

I consulted with Dr Lee on KakaoTalk for months before my surgery and he was very comforting and patient and never failed to answer any question I needed known.
I had a Skype consult and he was very professional and I felt really at ease with him and knew he was definitely the right pick for me to fix my jaw.

I met with him on March 25th for my face to face consult and he was very in depth with the surgical planning, showing a 3D morphing of how things should look before and after. The staff were also very kind and whilst not as proficient in English as Dr Lee communication was never an issue.

March 26th my surgery came and went and whilst the first few days were difficult the hospital care was top notch and I made it through.

The post op was great. Every 2 days I had a check up, clean out, elastics changed and de swelling treatment. Dr lee would over see it and assist every time which I really thought was lovely.

Overall recover was smooth but I did have an issue with my left side lymph nodes which were really swollen and stiff. I was on strong doses of anti biotechs but it was super slow to come down so at 18 days post op Dr lee decided to do a full clean out to make sure there wasn’t any underlying problem there.

I was put under and cleaned out which was around an hr long. Dr Lee told me there was a lot of excess scar tissue and inflammation around the area so he had to clear it out and re stitch it. I was stuck with a draining tube for a few days after.

Fortunately the swelling subsided much faster post surgery and I’m all set to head back home to Australia. I had my final check up 22 days post op where dr Lee removed my elastic screws and drainage tube and said everything was looking great and on track.

I got a medical certificate for customs and said my final good byes and plan to keep in contact via KakaoTalk to keep him in the loop of my jaw recovery.

Overall I am super pleased with my results and overall experience with Dr Lee and the Face Dental. Whilst I had a hiccup in recovery the standard of care was top class and I highly recommend anyone looking for maxiofacial surgery to give Dr Lee a look into. Trust me you won’t regret it. Not to mention price wise the Face Dental is very affordable, especially compared to other clinics.

Sure for Double Jaw I was quoted 9,500,000 won. Genioplasty/facial contour was 4.400.000 won. Plus 1.500.000 won to remove my old screws and plates.

Very affordable, especially in comparison to other clinics.

Yeah I also took comfort from others who have had experience with him when I got mine done. I knew I was in good hands as soon as I had my skype consult. He’s very skilled in this area of surgery and puts your health and well-being above all else. You won’t regret it he’s an amazing surgeon and his team and nurses are very kind, attentive and comforting too.

Thank you Paige
Please keep us updated with pictures when swelling go down
It’s really useful
You were all alone or you came with someone ?
Did you wear braces ? Are you planing to wear braces after the surgery ?

Will do. No I had my mom and dad with me for the first 2 weeks and I was on my own for another 2 till I headed back.

No I’ve never had braces but I may decide on it depending on how my jaw heals up. So far it’s aligned very well so time will tell.