BeautyHacker

My experience with Dr. Myung June Oh

I just posted a review about Dr. Oh at Regen for two jaw and FC. that’s good you had a good outcome but he usually does a bad job and he’s horrible.
read my review
He gave me a v line without my consent! My jaw is so small and my chin is so tiny and backward and my mouth is sucked in. Him and his staff are very unhelpful and I need a refund ASAP

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I read your story will stay away from Regen and Dr. Oh
Who can we trust !

Yes it’s the same Dr. Oh from Regen. That guy did a whole YouTube video from Russia so Dr. Oh likely did it himself or tried harder. Also on Regen Instagram. Plus he’s a man so he didn’t do a v line on a man. There’s plenty of bad reviews of Dr. oh over shaving the jaw and people looking into jaw implants. Read real self reviews Theres so scary ones he doesn’t call them back. I would stay away from him.

I had jaw reduction and genioplasty here in Europe and now my lower face is too narrow and I have this unusual slope where my chin and jaw meet. It made my face have an unnatural shape. Add to that the unwanted changes to my lower lip looking thinner, stretched with bumps on top whenever I smile and the lower lip moving higher when I smile totally changing my smile. The surgeon also performed lipo on my upperneck causing hemosiderin staining and a small bump under my chin. If there's any consolation, it is that I can eat and talk normal but overall it ruined my looks. I am seeking to see another surgeon for confirmation that my surgery was not carried out properly demand they fund the treatment for my skin hyperpigmentation and sue them for medical malpractice for changing my lip size and function as well as over cuttung my bones. I'm consulting with a law firm to find out if we can file a claim but I just need a confirmation from another surgeon to confirm the damage once COVID is over.

Wow that sounds awful. I hope you can recover and get your money back for the damages. Are you looking into going to South Korea to get a second surgery? How long has it been since your surgery?
They really need to stop over cutting peoples jaws and bones
It is a very big surgery

I'm based in Europe so I am not going for reconstruction in Asia. I regret travelling to Belgium for the surgery and should have just had it in my city but there aren't many surgeons here that could fulfill my specific needs. I didn't think the surgeon would cut so much. He seemed very competent from all the reviews and video interviews of his patients. But for whatever reason my surgery went awry. I honestly think if you got botched you need to fight for it and don't give up. Make them pay!

He made no comment on my discoloration and said that the bump may be caused by the friction of the cannula and should go away. The fact that he doesn't know what the bump and the discoloration is alarming, however. The bump is also hard like a bone or foreign object although it is the size of a rice grain. The changes to my lip size and smile he simply dismissed as temporary but I am not seeing any improvement. I pressed for answers as to why he changed my lip but didn't get anywhere. I feel he is hiding something or has no clue what is going on. Either way, it is not a positive outcome as first I am scarred, has a bump which may be a bone or foreign object and he did something that he shouldn't have to my lip cause he seems to favour thinner lips. I remember him saying during the consult that if he advances my chin in a certain way it sometimes makes the lips bigger. I had no idea that meant making my lower lip thinner so my upper lip is bigger! I don't understand why some surgeons feel that they can decide for the patient when it is not their face they are altering. That's why I could really empathize with the guy that Dr. Oh operated on.

I meant GIRL that Dr Oh operated on sorry

Your surgeon needs to take responsibility. I hope you can get it fixed. It’s quite distressing. When are you going to get another opinion?
Yes I also saw on real self Dr. Oh admitted he cut a patients chin flat without her consent when she just wanted a v line and not change her chin shape which she liked having more forward. He admitted it after when he reviewed the scans with her but told her before he wouldn’t touch the chin.
surgeons are so dishonest it’s hard to trust them.

Yes I am in distressed and haven't been able to sleep or eat properly. I look in the mirror everywaking day and search the net for solutions to my problem but all I see on realself regarding hemosiderin staining are cases where there seems to be no clear cure or treatment for it. Plastic surgeons suggest laser but it is a case of trial and error. I may be stained for life. Add to that the lip and smile, and bump issues as mentioned. I had hope that the aesthetic side may be better but as the swelling all came down, it revealed that it is not so great. My face is shorter when I face before was a rounded oblong shape. My chin had a slightly flatter tip which I simply wanted to be more rounded a bit not cut to the smallest shape which puts the balance off for the jaw as it narrows it too much. As a result it made my jaw pointing like a V and my chin like a round ball on the middle with a curve to the sides where it meets the jaw. A bit like an inverted omega. It does not suit my face as I have high cheekbones and thinner face which was balanced out by my oblong face before.

My incision on my right jaw/cheek also remains to be halfway open somewhat. If I move my cheek, it gapes open ever so slightly but not enough to show wound or bones. I have no idea if that's how it is supposed to be but I never saw any sutures on the actual incisions. Thankfully it didn't get infected. My left incision has closed with the tissues sticking to each other as if glued. I'm also still numb and have no idea if I will regain any feelings as I woke up from surgery with zero pain which I thought was weird. I felt and was described as beautiful before by people close to me and strangers. I simply wanted a slight enhancement but now what I got is a less than perfect functioning lip, scars, unknown bump and a face shape that doesn't complement my other facial structures. I have been registered to my local mental healthcare provider for anxiety as I often wake up at night with my angina and flashbacks of the surgery. I feel trapped and ruined and miss my former self where I could put on makeup and my favourite outfit and feel really good. I often than not feel that only death would release me from my pain yet I still somehow do want to keep living. My younger sis cries with me everyday and reassures me that everything will be fine and that she wants us to grow old together. She begs me not to take my own life.

I feel so sad for you. This is very distressing physically and mentally. Did you look into getting your jaw advanced back to how it was? Or fillers? I’m glad your sister is with you to support you.
are your incisions inside your mouth? I wonder if you need to have them looked at. I hope you are getting therapy too.
doctors really need to stop pushing surgeries on pretty girls just to make money.
It’s hard not to look back at your old photos too.
I’m sending you positivity and hope you can fix some of these things and find a good and trusting doctor
They aren’t all bad but there are a lot of greedy surgeons

I am thinking of getting my chin possibly pushed back to how it was and possibly a jaw implant across the entire jaw and chin if it could somehow return my face structure to how it was. But I do not know how I will end up looking and how the thickness of the implants will affect the contours of my jaw and chin. Facial implants tend to add projection as they need to latch on and get screwed onto the actual bone. But another issue is I don't want the implant to be the same shape as my current jaw and chin as then it will only give a bigger version of my face now that I do not like. I really do not know how it will all work out if I get implants and I have only seen posts from 2 girls here who had their jaws reconstructed but they never logged back in to the forum to give updates. The surgeon may also have to resuspend my mentalis muscle to release my lip from being rolled in. This puts me at risk for chin and lip ptosis and possible infection from the implant. Yes my incisions are inside my mouth and another operation again will likely put my oral tissues in such a trauma that I could end up with issues with internal tissue scarring. If my implant does get infected and anti-biotics fail to help, they will need to go in again and remove it. The thing is if you detach the tissues more than twice no one knows how it will affect function, movement and sensation. I may not be able to eat or talk normally if that happens. I can't get my incisions looked at as we're on lockdown. If I ever do decide to have a reconstruction it will need go be in a year or so to let my nerves and muscle heal. I'm really afraid to have surgery again since my last. I had other plastic surgeries before but I had them done locally by top surgeons and all went well except this recent one which was supposed to be my last. I just didn't make it by trusting the wrong surgeon. What I really want to get across to women considering bone work is not do it unless you have functional jaw issues or your jaws are excessive large even for a man. If you're insecure about your chin then maybe try fillers first and if still unhappy maybe implant and as a last resort genioplasty. But please go to the best and ask for a CONSERVATIVE approach. What I've learned from this is that a surgeon that produces consistently good, natural and realistic looking results are better as they do not push boundaries that could lead to complications. These surgeons will say no if your expectations are unrealistic and are aware that too much change is very harmful. I'd expected to look like a better version of myself and heck I would even be happier if I look the same. I wish someone could put a sticky post on this forum warning girls of the dangers of jaw, chin and cheek reduction. I do not know any of you but I certainly would not wish what happened to me on others. Please love yourself and your small imperfections. We are our worse critic and we need to learn to love ourselves. I am now merely a shadow of my former self which I lost in one night a few hours into surgery.

Yes I think you do need to let your face heal. Maybe you can research custom jaw implants they have to do CT scans and design it with you. They can cost a lot of money too. Which is another sad thing because you've already spent so much money and had a bad outcome, which you need to also fight for you refund.
There is so much tissue and bones to think about, and yes it's not good for your face in the long run. Nerves and sagging skin. I agree people should just get the surgery if they have a true jaw functional deformity or jaw pain , but just for aesthetics it is a very invasive surgery.Also with the sagging skin side effects they sell the face lift or thread lift in 1 year like it is candy and easy to do.
Dr. Oh I heard does two jaw surgeries at least 5 a week. That shows he is really trying to push this surgery as no big deal. He also loves to recommend zygoma and v line.
Not everyone wants to look the same.
they really don't stress the side effects
The best surgeon will tell you what you need and don't need and not be money hungry.
Did you look into the custom jaw implant?

It is scary to imagine just a few hours can change your whole life. and to think about another surgery.