BeautyHacker

My rhinoplasty & liposuction experience in South Korea

Long review alert - not good at writing but good at jst talking endlessly. :P

Hi guys. I am writing this review to share my journey for PS in South Korea from the beginning until the end.
I got so much help from the chat rooms from Kakaotalk, which is a Korean messenger like whatsapp and it has this 'Open chat rooms' where anyone can join and talk freely about a topic. There were many plastic surgery chat rooms where I got to meet many people who were interested or who already got their PS in Korea. The people there mentioned this forum often so I am writing here wishing I can give back a little.

I first thought of getting my nose done cuz I had like NO bridge and my tip was too upturned (like a 'pig') and I hated that so much. Also I wasn't really fat but I couldn't get rid of flanks/lovehandle/lower ab fat so I also wanted to get lipo on my lower ab area. I went to do a consultation in Florida but then it was too expensive and also I wondered if the doctor was able to do Asian nose - I was born in the US but I am half Singaporean. Anyways so I was browsing through insta to look for plastic surgeons good at Asian faces and I discovered about Korean PS.

I always wanted to travel to SK so I thought I would give it a go in Korea - did a lot of research but the most helpful one was not the internet but this open chat for me. People share their consultations, experiences and before&after pics right after surgery. They also share the whole experiences so I was less scared or nervous about going to Korea (thank you guys).

Anyways so I heard a lot about Namu, Hyundai, View and Nana from the chats so I got online consultation from them. Nana and View were more expensive than Namu and Hyundai. I liked Nana and Namu's online consultations better than others because the consultants seem more professional (in terms of medical knowledge) and like they really cared each patient as PEOPLE. So if you contact them via Kakaotalk, they can see your pictures and suggest you what you can get and also give you price quotations. They also book for you. Consultations were all free for all 4 of them and the services they offer are slightly different but mostly the same (hotel discount or offer / pick -up / translator etc)

I decided to visit Nana, View and Regen because they are like almost next to each other. I booked consultations only and did not pay deposit. To secure your surgery schedule you need to pay a deposit and it was about 1 million won. Some clinics seemed to give you discount if you pay deposit. On the second day of my arrival I went to these three clinics. They were all very easy to find.
I hated Regen, because I waited for like an hour and they seemed to NOT care about visiting patients. The doctor was also very like...cold-ish. I liked View and Nana so I did some negotiations there for prices. I think I managed to get about +3 million won discount. I liked both doctors for my nose (view and nana) but I liked Nana's doctor more for my lipo so I decided to go with nana. I had to wait a few days for my surgery though because the doctors were fully booked.

On my operation day - I fasted for 8 hours. Super thirsty. Saw docs again before surgery to draw designs on my nose and body. (You have to be naked doing this which was super awkward) Nana's translator (Kylie - super sweet) came into the operation room with me after she helped me get checked up and changed for my operation. She helped me with everything - to falling asleep on the operation bed and to waking up! Anyways when I woke up everything was done, felt a bit dizzy and SUPER THIRSTY but it was alright. Kylie said she has never seen anyone wake up and stand up so quickly like me. I walked to my recovery bed and rested there for about 2 hours until I was ok and was discharged.

I had casts / blockages in my nose which they remove after two days. I didn't swell much - Kylie also said I was the person who swelled the least lol and that this is maybe because I used to be a very active person. You need to breathe through your mouth so it's really hard for two days but I was alright after they removed the blockages from my nose. You can take shower but avoid wetting your face and the incision areas. After 7 days you remove things in your nose and all of the threads. I felt so happy to finally get rid of them. I loved my nose even when there was much swelling on my nose. I was so thrilled. Also I was able to take shower freely after that day!

About post-op care, you get a short facial for your nose and get laser treatments for deswelling and recovery. It also eases away some discomfort/pain. They were unlimited and free at Nana. If you request, you can also get deswelling injections from them but I didn't swell as much as average patients (apparently) so I didn't request it.

So this has been 10 days so far and I am loving my results. I can send pictures if anyone wants to see - pm me!
I took a selfie everyday from one day before the surgery until I removed the threads.

To sum up : Rhinoplasty is NO BIG DEAL! Lipo on small sections - also no big deal! Not a lot of pain or hassle and you feel free (although there ARE some cautions to take for 1 to 6 months) after 7 days.
Korea is great in terms of going around (transport), food, hygiene, people's manner, safety (can walk around freely anytime at night - even 3-4AM). Loved my experience in Korea cuz this country is English friendly with signs and everything and Nana was great too. Nana's doctors are super skilled and bent on giving you the best results with less blood spilled which means you recover faster and swell less. Nana's translator helps you get cabs, buy medicines, give you tips for deswelling and even tells you some good restaurants to eat out at and so on. If you are also thinking of getting a PS in Korea, I say you go for it, don't worry too much. & It is totally worth it! You feel like a totally different person just because of your nose.

Hi! I pmed you :smile:

• Like 1

Did you see her before and afters on the computer screen? do they generally pair you up with a doctor that suits your style?

Nana didn't show b&a's on computer screens but the translator sent me b&a's over whatsapp. Yeah they recommend doctors for you, explaining why. Unless you want one specifically for a reason :smile:

Thank you for being so elaborative. Trust me this is gonna help a lot of people who are looking for nose job done in South Korea. I have my friends who got their surgery done in Korea but they complain about the transparency of the industry mostly for the foreigners. It really is different than the locals as they have to hire a translator.

I have honestly done a **** lot of research which makes me able to talk about it. Most of the time you get to brokers who charge you extra instead of getting in touch with the direct clinic. Also for foreigners, people should not just go for big names or brand you see while searching.

Do you know any platform which allows seeing the review of Korean PS clinics, their authenticity, reliability not just the before and after image? This will help me a lot as I have invested a serious amount of time in research.

• Like 1