BeautyHacker

Best clinic for male facial contouring for a sharp jawline?

I will go to korea for my facial contouring next year. I have made up my list from the names I've found on this site but still I want a suggestion for clinics that are quite more specialized in male surgery (If that does exist), also I want a clinic with more dramatic result.

i think you will hit a road block here. Im going to assume you want those chiseled and slim jawlines which those male, especially the caucasian models have. And assuming you are asian, that is NOT going to happen.

Problem with facial contouring is, the goal is NOT to sharpen the jawline in the manner to which those instagram model guys have. Quite the opposite actually. It is to smoothen the jawline. The methodology ONLY allows for that. Meaning whatever angles you have, it will be removed, thereby feminising the face somewhat. In males, the korean surgeons do it to a more subtle degree so feminization is minized but it still occurs nonetheless. Theres the reason why the procedure's name is sometimes referred to as mandible angle reduction.

Some women can get the sharp defined jawlines after facial contouring IF they have thin tissues and already relatively small faces. Big bone structured people are unable to achieve that. Angela baby or fan bing bing is an example of what type of sharpening and definition is possible for people with those preconditons. However usually for most men, that aesthetic is too feminine.

The last issue is, going on by my original assumption about your expectations, that is you being asian and you want that caucasian instagram male chiseled sharp narrow defined jawline........you gotta realize one key point why its anatomically impossible. The reason why asians have flatter faces than caucasians is not just due to width, but also bone DEPTH. Bone depth is something which cannot be corrected. Just think about, if you try to correct the bone depth by adding implants everywhere, it will just give you a full face. not a chiseled face. Also caucasian faces always have more depth than asian faces, Ever seen an athletic caucasian male with a boxier squarey wider face? Yet their faces can still look chiseled and not as big as an Asian male with a boxy squarey wider face type. Its because the additional depth in their facial bone adds more dimension to their face which gives it a more narrow yet defined appearance. But bottom line is, because facial bone depth is impossible to correct, not to mention difference in tissue structure between different race and ethnicities, I don't think you will get the results you expect but rather the opposite.

There are some american surgeons who do facial bone implants on their male patients' jawlines to give that chiselled masculine look. However there's risk of nerve damage (big motor nerves in that region) and is also widens the face. Any form of widening is really not advisable for the typical asian anatomy because of our tissue and bone (depth) structure. You end up looking mongolian yo

Botox is usually the better option because you can reduce the width but still maintain your current angles. You don't need to fly all the way to korea for that. 50-60 units of botox will do the trick.

And btw, im familiar with this because a long time ago i wanted that sharp and narrow and angular angelina jo lee jawline, so i stupidly went ahead with jaw line contouring without doing research. End result is my jaw width didn't change since i didn't have protruding jaw bones, rather my original structure is just wide and boxy. I did however lose whatever angles i have and now have a smooth jawline. What did help narrrow my jaw is botox since the jaw muscles is one of the factors for a wide face. The other being overall bone structure. If given the choice and what i know now, I wouldn't have done the surgery but that was back when i was 18/19 and dumb af with no clue about facial anatomy....so it is what it is

What about an asian who actually has the "facial depth" you are talking about? I notice some asians have forwardly grown jaws where the lower third is far ahead of the forehead in profile view. I had a lateral cephalogram done which confirmed my "facial depth" is above average. In good lighting my jaw looks narrower because of the depth reasons you mentioned that tend to appear more in caucasians.

And should it not be possible to shave the jaw in such a way that the jaw bone itself doesn't become more blunt and manages to retain its original shapes and angles, and only become smaller?

I am almost certainly going to narrow my chin a little because i want a pointer chin and I think I'll get some of the facial narrowing I want from that. Ideally I would also do some sort of conservative vline but i'll pass if i have my doubts after the consultations. My jaw doesn't always look huge, it's mostly in photos where it looks huge sometimes and it tends to look fine in videos and i'm told its fine in person

Essentially I'd like my jaw to look more like when I tilt my head down versus when i'm looking straight forward - it sounds reasonable to me but I guess you had the same expectations going into yours.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I also had jaw botox done before but I remember the result being narrow but also more blunt. I will get it again and see if the result is better at low bodyfat before I commit to surgery.

yes some asians have more facial depth than most, myself included. Its dependant on the ethnicity really. Its far less common among the east asians than the south east asians in closer proximity to india. I've seen some thais burmese and filipino and indonesians with more facial depth, but these individuals are not predominantly of east asian (chinese, korean, japanese) .desecent.

Its not possible to shave the jaw in such a way where it bone itself becomes more blunt and loses its angular structure. I assume you imagine for example say the jaw bone is a at an angular L shape right? What if its cut in half from the very most top point of the upper jaw connecting to the lower jaw region. Maybe not even half. What if only 30 percent is cut? Or 20. Also not possible because the upper jaw region which connects to the lower ear cannot be touched. It is structurally essential and has far too many motor nerves. Hence the only way the jaw reduction is performed is by excising the bone beginning from the angle. Which is why one term used to the refer to the procedure is the mandible angle reduction. Precisely because the bone is cut from the angle. Because it is cut from the angle physiologically speaking it always creates loss in angular definition. Another why that procedure begins at the angle is because the best candidates for the procedure is actually not those with wide faces. Its individuals with narrow faces but protruding jaw bones. This protrusion begins from the mandible angle region.

lol i think everyone wants their jawline to look more like when you tilt your head down lol. That particular angle is visually appealing because it warps the true dimensions of the face and makes us look slimmer and more arrow.

ah yes one thing about botox is that while is does make the jaw more narrow, if your tissues are thicker and you have fatty deposits and/or muscle laxity isnt good, it can create a blunting look too due to the heavy combination of skin, tissue and fat concealing the jawline after it narrows down. This is because the above 3 components loses its support. As i always say, plastic surgery is mostly plus minus. You gain some you lose some. Unless you are blessed with the ideal anatomical conditions that is

pretty sure im northern chinese but haven't done any dna tests to confirm. thanks a lot though, your experience and knowledge is very impressive. my face is just wide, my jaw is already narrower than my zygomas so i guess the procedure won't be what i want it to be. the width of my zygomas dont bother me than much - very close to leonardo dicaprio proportions of eye width to facial width. occasionally i put small amounts of eyeliner on and im very happy with my facial width after that, so im going to see if a lateral cantho could maybe replicate that a little.

im going to ask the korean lip surgeons if they have experience doing lateral commissuroplasties to hopefully reduce some of the "empty space" around my jaw - i know eppley offers this but he's pretty much at the forefront of plastic surgery innovation and i havent heard of anyone else.

i swell a lot longer post surgery than most people, so i guess that's why botox wasnt great for me.

I agree. You really should try a nonsurgical route first to see if you actually like the look. My natural face shape is very bloated / rounded because I have TMJ issues and am a terrible teeth grindr. Over the years, my masseter (jaw) muscles grew huge from excessive grinding and clenching. Botox made a DRASTIC difference. You'd be surprised how dramatic it can look.

If you want that narrow, chiseled look the best nonsurgical course of action is to get botox to slim the jaw line. Then get fillers injected along the jawline and angle of the mandible to sharpen that edge. If you end up hating it, it will wear off and self-correct. If you really like it, it's not that bad to maintain it once a year. This is a way to test drive the look before committing.

Your pre-Botox face sounds like my face-face. :P Would you say that Botox in the masseter totally eliminates your "need" for v-line, buccal fat reduction, lipo, etc.? I know everyone's experience is different, but I've read a lot of conflicting things about which one is more worth it in the long run. Please PM me if you're willing to share more about your experience!

Regarding flatter asian faces, most of the talk has been about the jawline, I'm fine with my jaw it's the area below my eyes to above mouth that I'd like to improve as it's rather flat. I don't want it to be wider (lateral projection) but want more frontal projection. Do you know of any good methods to add more definition to this midface area? I know fat graft can add general volume here but not definition. I'm not a fan of implants due to potential for infection, your face changing over time and the implant moving, bone wearing down, etc. scare me. I guess that leaves filler but I rarely see good examples of this.

I had a male asian friend who attempted exactly what you are referring to in Australia. Problem is the surgeon is used to performing surgeries on Caucasian faces, where the tissue and facial structure is really different. Result was, even when implant was used his face while it did have more frontal projection, it wasn't the kind he was after. He was expecting a chiseled dimension look, but instead he got a fuller frontal projection look instead. That chiseled look only occurs when the patient has thinner tissues and proper facial depth and dimensions to begin with. For asians with typically thicker tissuer and flatter facial dimensions it doesn't work. He ended up getting the implants removed

I went to regen to talk to Dr Oh about fat grafts in the midface region - he doesn’t like them in men. Recommended me a custom implant design instead. Also he said filler results would end up the same as fat pretty much

yeh in men it kinda feminizes the face. i dunno what this custom implant will look like so i can't comment if it will work but for reference the one my friend used in Australia it kinda looked like a triangle but with curved edges at the 3 point angles.

I'm curious if Korea has devised their own implants that would account for the differences in anatomy.

Hi kcouture. I agree with you regarding getting Botox to reduce width but still keep that define jawline. I wish I knew about this site a few years ago. I stupidity had my zygoma and jaw reduced. In hindsight Botox would’ve done the trick

What do you think about my jaw in the ct scan? Does it looks over shaved to you? I’m thinking about cheek implants to bring back some contour and volume after a bad cheekbone reduction. Any feedback would be appreciated.

i don't think so. 3d printed implants isn't specific to korean medical technology. Lots of other countries use them. And there's nothing that can alter bone depth at the end of the day