BeautyHacker

Best Clinics for Jaw Asymmetry?

Hello! I am very thankful for finding this forum. I am new to Korean plastic surgery, but after hitting many roadblocks and being generally unimpressed with US doctors I wanted to give it a shot.

I suffer from a very asymmetrical jaw. My bite is fine, it is a matter of my bones. One side of my mandible is very bulky and positioned lower, whereas my right is slender and proportionate, positioned a bit higher up. The angles that form my chin are off balance due to this anatomical issue. I have been having trouble searching because I feel I am stuck right between the category of "wanting aesthetic results" and "actual dental/anatomical issue". Meaning, I do not have any dental issues or jaw misalignment, but it also is not a simple matter of "my face is symmetrical and normal but I want a v-line look to look like an idol". I believe it is a big issue for appearance that I really want to address, but does not warrant orthognatic or anything. So, I am torn between a "plastic surgeon" and a "dental surgeon"...but I do feel like a dental/maxillofacial surgeon is the safer way to go.

So far, I have consulted Dr. Lee with The Face Dental and I like him a lot! He suggests v-line, genioplasty and masseter reduction. My quote was 6.6 krw. He doesn't think two jaw would be a good idea for me since it doesn't jut out very far.

I am sold on him, due to his natural results, expertise in the area, and his English fluency. I have seen his name pop up a lot here and have seen mostly positive results as well. But would anyone have any other suggestions of clinics to check out? Or any other info or experiences with TFD?

I am very skeptical with big clinics that photoshop and over promote, especially ones that do not focus primarily on maxillofacial regions. I also am not Asian, so I do not want the typical K-pop look. But I also fear since my anatomy is so strange that I will just end up getting weirder and more asymmetrical results. Should I have more faith in these clinics?

I want to get this done sometime next year or the year after (before I get too old and am at higher risk for sagging...). Any advice or suggestions/stories are appreciated!

As you are looking for a very natural result and arent wanting the "kpop like" "vline" I think TFD is a really good choice. If you want something more dramatic that is more like the Korean beauty standard then I think EU dental is also good.

I think I am going to consult EU dental anyway just to keep more options open. And I also hear EverM is good. I should probably stick with dental clinics and maxillofacial surgeons right?

• 2 weeks later...
The shape of your jaw can affect how your face looks. And I do experience the same before. I felt so much insecurities because of my asymmetric face look. I tried physical therapy which I noticed very minimal changes which made me more worried about how I look. I started looking for different treatment in internet like Social Media, Google, Forums and etc.,, For then I get to know the Plastic Surgery in Korea in one of the forums like this I saw someone shared that she used Charmfidence App to search for different plastic surgery clinics in korea .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...