BeautyHacker

Hi, i am going to Korea on August 5th to meet a doctor to have my jaw fixed. I did v line surgery few years ago and i do like the frontal view of my face but my profile look weird because the doctor cut way too much bone and there is no angle at all .Now i need jaw reconstruction surgery , I will need to take 3d xray to have consultation with doctor, then my doctor will make my 1:1 face mode so he can discuss with me , then he will make my implants .

Hi Kelly,could you please check your dm?

Does your Jaw look anything like this?

I wouldn’t recommend medpore. If here’s an infection or if shifting occurs, medpore is extremely difficult to remove because our own vessels will grow into them. Think about the underlying damage it can cause.

Silicone and peek seems to be the safer bet.

Yeah I realize it is much much riskier and almost irreversible but tissue ingrowth is actually the reason why I prefer medpor. I did a lot of research on different implant materials like HA paste titanium, bio oss, goretex but I like medpor because it almost becomes actual bone.

Anyways, please kepe me updated if you find more clinics that do custom cheek implants. I’m very interested as well and if silicone is the only option in Korea, I might as well go for it. Thanks :smile:

Will do. Please also keep me in mind with your journey.

Hmm not to fond of pmma cement. Check out peek implant which is like bone and biocompatible