BeautyHacker

Rib Cartilage in South Korea

Hi everyone,
I'm considering to do the rib cartilage in South Korea in December 2019. I'm on my research and it looks like to me there are limited clinics which have done the rib cartilage using the patient's own rib to reconstruct the nose bridge. So I search and there are three cosmetic clinics popped up in my list: GNG HOSPITAL, VIP INTERNATIONAL PLASTIC SURGERY CENTER, and HANABI RHINOPLASTY CLINIC.
May I ask if everyone has done the rib rhinoplasty at these clinics? and How much do they give you a quote? and which one do you prefer me to have my surgery done at one of these three?
I really appreciate to anyone who contributes to this thread.
Honestly, I was so confused among abundant choices and their quality services.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Huynh, I am considering VIP because he's done a lot of this procedure but he's expensive. They cater to foreigners so his office speak English and so is he. He uses the rib for the nose bridge and ear cartilage for the nose tip. I don't know about the other two. He quoted me $10,000 usd because mine is a revision; cost more. I had my nose done 30 years ago by a Vietnamese doctor in Little Saigon. Back then the doctor used silicone so the tip of my nose is hard and kinda short (the old style) so that's why I want to change it to the S Line nose.

I'm the same with you, looking for a good rhino doctor but a little more reasonable, in term of pricing, than VIP.

Quick question for you, did you go to the VIP clinic for your consultation or did you do it online? I'm asking because I did my consultation online with VIP ... but the quote I was given was $11,000 USD for rhinoplasty. This isn't for a revision and my nose isn't considered to be big, in fact I was told that my bridge is already somewhat high. I'm asking, because I'm wondering if I would had gotten a cheaper quote if I had went in person.

This was an online quote but I was going to do face and neck lifts with him also that's why it was $10k but just for the revision procedure alone, he quoted me $12k which is too much. I had an online consultation with Hanabi yesterday. They quoted me $9k rib cartilage. Yours maybe cheaper since your isn't a revision. I went to Realself.com and read five great reviews on Hanabi. Very detail reviews so I don't think they're fake. I just found another doctor that specializes in rhino only:
Dr. Jin Hong-Ryul. It's hard to request a consultation on his website but he supposedly the best rhino doctor in Korea. Someone in this forum mentioned him.

Thank you for your response, it was very helpful! I was actually planning on getting multiple procedures too at VIP. For Genioplasty, I was quoted $6,000 USD and for Mid-face rib cartilage it was $3,000 USD.

I have never heard of Hanabi, I'll look into it! Thank you so much! And $9,000 USD for a revision is pretty good, considering it's a rib cartilage! My heart was set on VIP, but it would take me at least 2 more years to save enough money to afford him. I honestly don't want to wait that long.

... I must had been living under a rock because I've never heard of Dr. Jin Hong-Ryul. I'll look into him as well!

You've been such a tremendous help!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, I believe it! I love VIP's before and after pictures, I think that Dr. Lee is talented ... and I agree with the concept that "you get what you pay for" ... but I can't afford him.
I understand that foreigners pay way more than Koreans but I feel that VIP prices for foreigners are way too much. With the price that I was quoted, I might as well take that money and just do the procedures in the United States. At least that way I can save money; especially on food, hotel, and plane ticket.

Yes, I would prefer to have my surgeries in South Korea ... but only at a reasonable price.

I don't agree that you "get what you pay for." My nose was done at Hanabi and is easily as good as what you see on the before/after pics at VIP. (Their customer service was crap and I'm irritated at them for a number of reasons, but I'd take crappy customer service over the 2.5-3K extra in cost any day.) My friend went to View and hers looks great as well. They had much better customer service there; not sure how much she paid for hers. I've heard a few others like Jin (?) cost around the same as Hanabi.

• 1 month later...

I had revision my nose at VIP ($13,000) but I am not happy at all

I had request a consultation with Dr. Jin Hong-Ryul, but it take about 1 week to get answer from him.

• 2 weeks later...
Pls don`t do the above. The results look unnatural & ridiculous. Also the graft impedes your smile. I had this done and looked like the joker everytime I smiled. Had that s*** revised with a quickness.

Thank you for sharing your experience. That's terrible what had happened to you. How did your revision go?

I decided not to go to VIP. I use to be one of those people that believed that rib rhinoplasty is the best quality ... yeah. However, the more I researched ... the more I realized that it's not always necessary. I feel that if my nose was severely damaged or if my nose collapsed, then I would consider doing a rib. Otherwise, no.