BeautyHacker

Hyundai Aesthetics Review

Hi, I'm new here and I'm in my twenties, from Canada, and I had multiple successful surgeries done at Hyundai Aesthetics. Procedures I had done:

V-line Surgery: Square Jaw Reduction + Genioplasty [T-Osteotomy]
Rhinoplasty: hump removal only [No implant was used]
Dual Canthoplasty: Outer eye corner extension and lowering
Full Face Fat Graft: Primary, and then a top up one month later at the end of my trip

I am writing this review during my last week in Korea. It is approximately two months since I had my surgeries, and I will be in Korea for the next few days as well. My trip arrival and departure dates: July/27/2019 to September/01/2019, so 34 days in Korea total. I had my consultation with Hyundai on July/28/2019, and my surgery was the next day on July/29/2019.

I want to write about every procedure I had and also rate my satisfaction at different breakpoints during my recovery. Right now though, I am absolutely amazed at my current results at just one month in, BUT, the recovery was not easy. It was more painful than I had imagined, even with pain medication, and the inconvenience of not being able to eat normal food for the first few weeks, and then having to struggle to eat normal food even up till now [I can chew, but my mouth doesn't open fully yet. This is NORMAL, and will always be the case if you get jaw surgery where bone is cut].

V-Line Surgery:

Right now I am very happy with my results. I can still tell that there is a lot of swelling, and the sensation in my jaw, lips, and teeth are not fully back yet, though some parts are returning slowly. There is some asymmetry in the swelling, but it does not bother me because it's not noticeable or serious, and this is also a normal part of the healing process. I am on week four of my recovery, but for weeks one, two, and three, I hated the way my chin and jaw looked. The swelling was so intense that I looked worse than even before surgery. It was during these first three weeks that I was panicking and regretting my chin and jaw surgeries. I tried to maintain my composure, but it was quite difficult. All the staff at the clinic did a lot to help ease my anxiety, and their emotional support was really helpful during my recovery. It was on maybe August 23 where I was able to look in the mirror without any bandages or compression headdress, and feel beautiful. I looked in the mirror and I loved the way my jaw and chin looked [I already liked my eyes and nose within just the first few weeks because those heal FAST], and it honestly made me and my mom cry. We were both so overwhelmed with relief and gratitude. Relief that the surgeries were all successful, and gratitude to Dr. Hwang Ho for his great work, as well as the staff at Hyundai Aesthetics for their aftercare. There is no scarring for this, as all the incisions were made inside my mouth, and the stitching is all inside my mouth too. I am very very happy with my new jaw and chin, and I look forward to seeing my face become smaller and smaller as the swelling goes down!! My jaw was originally extremely prominent and very square, and the point from where my jaw started to taper inwards to meet my chin, was very low on my face, so it was a very unfeminine part of my face. Now that part is gone, and my chin has also been made smaller just enough to look balanced with my jaw [Having a balanced set of features was something important to me], and my face overall is much more soft, feminine, and cute.

Rhinoplasty:

My nose's side view, as well as three quarter view was streamlined with the removal of my hump, and it healed pretty quickly. For the first two weeks I had to wear a metal protector over my nose, so I couldn't see the results, but the swelling didn't really reach the tip of my nose, so that made me feel pretty good at least. Once the protector came off [It actually fell off my nose naturally, which was shocking to me, but harmless according to the staff at the clinic], I saw how my nose looked, and I was really happy. Initially, I was provided with the option to have an implant inserted, which is apparently supposed to make the results look even better, but I was scared of having anything implanted in my nose in case my body rejected it. So, I told the doctor I wanted to proceed without any implant in my nose. I asked him if it would still be a nice result even without the implant, and he assured me it will still be much much better than my pre-surgery nose. I can attest to the fact that my nose is indeed much much better than prior to surgery. I think he shaved off just the perfect amount on my nose, as before, my nose was quite high, and I felt like that was one of my attractive features, so I didn't want to lose too much height. I also didn't want it to be too sloped inward, because although that is feminine, it is also a more Asian look, and I wanted to preserve my half Asian appearance. My nose now is straight and pretty, and the swelling is virtually non-existent. I didn't have any other nose surgeries though, so from the front, my nose actually looks basically the same, which is why this wasn't the most important surgery for me to get this time. I was willing to exclude this surgery originally, but because Hyundai offered me a deal that was actually much more within my budget than originally planned, I could include this surgery, and save myself from having to come back to get it again in the future. Oh yeah, there is no visible scarring, as the surgery was done internally, which is great! My nose looks completely natural because of this as well.

Dual Canthoplasty:

This surgery was the one where the results were immediately apparent. The swelling was minor to non-existent, and while there was stitching visible on the outer corner of my eyes, I couldn't even tell it was stitching for the first few days. The reason for this is that the stitching was done so finely, and in such a small space, that myself and my mother both thought they were my eyelashes. When I finally got my stitches removed a week later, I could confirm that those were never my eyelashes haha. There is no scarring where the stitches were. I think Dr. Hwang must have done a very precise and intricate job for this to be the case, and I'm grateful to him for that. My eyes are significantly larger now, and the shape is really cute and innocent looking, which is the look I originally wanted to have. Before, when I used to laugh, my eyes would close all the way, but now, when I laugh, even though my eyes start to close, they are so big that even while laughing my eyes are bigger than my pre-surgery eyes. That is really awesome to me, and also surprising. Stitch removal was quite painful, so that was the only negative part. My eyes were also red in the outer corners, and in the area where my stitches were for the first two weeks, but it wasn't a big deal to me. All the redness is gone now though. I would go as far as to say that I have my dream eyes.

Fat Graft:

This was a pretty important surgery to me, because my face was always really angular and gaunt, and it made me look less feminine, and also kind of sick and tired in some lighting. My nasolabial area especially was very sunken, which bothered me every single day. It bothered me almost as much as my originally large jaw-line bothered me. It's hard to say what is fat grafting and what is swelling, especially in the first few weeks, but I think Dr. Hwang did a good job, and I'm currently very happy with how my face looks in every area he operated on, including the places he grafted fat onto. The places I had fat grafted the first time were: forehead, temples, under-eyes, nasolabial area, cheeks. Then for my top up, I had: forehead, under-eyes, and nasolabial area. When they harvested fat from my donor site [the back of my thigh], they preserved an extra 34 ccs of fat that they then used one month later for my top up, which meant I didn't need to have fat harvested twice. The donor area is still kind of uncomfortable now, and a little numb, but it's not something that affects my day to day life so far, and it's getting better slowly.

Some more general information:

When I woke up after my surgeries, I was in so much pain, but not in my face, rather in my throat, because of the dryness. I also couldn't drink water until 10:00pm that night, so that was really difficult. I stayed at the clinic overnight. I was attended to by a really kind and attentive nurse. I almost never had to ask for her, because she came to see me so often. Almost every 15-20 minutes. The entire night. I'm also really grateful to her.

For the next two weeks, I came back to the clinic almost everyday [They are closed on Sundays], for checkups and treatments. Almost every time I came back during these first few weeks, Dr. Hwang Ho, as well as a few other doctors sometimes, would come check on me as well [It's mostly the nurses that did my aftercare, and they are all great].

After that, I was able to come back less often, but anytime I needed anything, I was allowed to come back and ask for help, and I still had checkups and treatments from time to time during weeks three and four. I think the aftercare is really thorough and the staff at the clinic is cautious with your health. For example, one of the medical staff noticed a bandage allergy that my skin has, that I never even knew I had. So, I received shots for this to prevent my skin from having a reaction, since I had so many bandages on me during recovery.

The English consultant Sky, also worked tirelessly to help me, from when I was doing online consultations back in Canada, to the in person consultations in Korea, to just before and all throughout after my surgery. She was always making herself available to me, either in person at the clinic, or online through messenger, despite the fact that she is probably one of the busiest employees at the clinic, as she handles all the English speaking foreign patients, and has a lot of other responsibilities beyond that. I am also very very very grateful to her.

Another staff member, Katarina [Lina], has become a dear friend to me, and she has also been with me every step of the way, just like Sky has. Lina has also made herself available to me anytime I've needed anything, and she has gone above and beyond to make me feel happy and comforted during my time in Korea. She was a new employee when I first came to the clinic, but it seems like she's already become a great asset to Hyundai Aesthetics.
I'm really going to miss Sky and Lina.

The consultation was free, and it also included a free CT scan. Some clinics do charge for consultations, and also charge for CT scans, so this is an important point to bring up. I would say you have nothing to lose by at least consulting with Hyundai Aesthetics.

Pricing was within the budget that my mom and I prepared for my surgeries. However, I was able to get discounts that made it so that I could not only get the following surgeries:

Square Jaw Reduction
Genioplasty [T-Osteotomy]
Dual Canthoplasty
Full Face Fat Graft

BUT could ALSO get Rhinoplasty [Hump Removal] and still be within our budget. This was one of the reasons why I decided to book with Hyundai Aesthetics the very same day that I had my face to face consultation with them, even though I had many other in person consultations scheduled already. [It was very awkward to tell the other clinics I had to cancel our consultations]

I have done everything I've wanted to do to my face, and I don't feel like I need anymore surgeries, but if I were to get anymore, I would come back to Hyundai Aesthetics to do them. They care about me as a customer but also as a human being, and Dr. Hwang Ho is a world class plastic surgeon in my opinion. I know I'm just one person, but I absolutely do believe that Dr. Hwang Ho is incredibly skilled as a surgeon.

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for posting this up. I've been contemplating Hyundai Aesthetics, and have been consulting back and forth, so feels good to know people are getting good results there.

@bigsparkles I googled hyundai and it just a word in Korean that means modern. Even though apple is a computer company if there is an apple plastic surgery don't think it's the same :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
What made you choose this clinic out of so many. I mean was there something that you felt that made you trust this clinic once you had consultation face to face?

• 2 weeks later...
Me too!!! Couldn't agree more! Also I loved my consultant Uriah!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
is this a sponsored ad? Dr. Hwang botched up my eyes and severely scarred. It was only my primary DES, not hard to do. They do not even respond after I tried to contact them for some answers. This is what you call a responsible world class surgeon?? And caring about customers as a human being??