BeautyHacker

Reasons why a former interpreter at a Korean plastic surgery hospital don't do plastic surgery

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was shocked because I thought that it would be a different clinic, GNG didn't even come to mind.
I feel that it's so grueling trying to find a reputable clinic. Once you think you found one ... something awful comes up. It's exhausting! I feel like this is a part-time job.

ikr. So exhausting. We need more locals here of PF to give us inside tips on good clinics. I know there are good clinics in Seoul but since they don`t target foreigners we never hear about them. I have a feeling the clinics that have been blacklisted by the locals are the ones that are targeting foreigners coz the locals stay away from the. These clinics are bottom of the barrel.

I can relate, it took me a couple years to decide on a clinic and sometimes felt obsessive. The clinic I thought was the ideal one suddenly had a scandal because a local patient died and there were falsified documents...

• 3 weeks later...
Omg.. thank you so much for sharing this! I’m planning to go Korea and get some surgeries done next month. Now I’m really concern about shadow doctor problem...

You're right, I just checked their website and they don't have breast augmentation listed!
So, I had searched if GNG had offered breast augmentation in the past and I came across this on their blog.

upload_2020-1-13_18-17-19.png

https://gngplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2018/07/now-introducing-breast-augmentation-at.html

As a local Korean, we normally only go to clinics recommended by our friends/family members. The 2 plastic surgery apps? Most people know that it is full of brokers and won't even download them tbh. They are known to use pictures from other places to promote their clinics.
The Naver cafes are also full of brokers (like 70% of the comments are from brokers now - usually you can tell though because they will spam the same clinic name like 2-3 times in a row in the comments from different accounts). You can pay a firm $1000/month to basically spam blog posts and comments from different accounts and make it look "organic." $1000 for a plastic surgery clinic is nothing.. it is like pocket change.
So who can you trust? You can literally only trust your circle of friends or friends of friends to give recommendations.
I made a post on here (purseforum) giving my experience when looking up places and I ended up going to a place my uncle (a plastic surgeon here in Seoul) recommended even though I went to 3 different consultations.
Yea, Koreans will look up clinics online and stuff, but we end up going to ones recommended by our peers (this is also how parents find the best hagwons for their kids.. the best places aren't advertised) and often the best ones have like almost no advertising presence online because they don't need to.

@lemmetellu thx for this. Could you recommend a good clinic for rhinoplasty?