BeautyHacker

VIP Clinic-why so expensive?

I have been in contact with VIP clinic about a rhinoplasty-$15,000 USD and minifacelift/necklift/liposuction-$16,000.

These prices rival what I would be charged in Beverly Hills. Why is this clinic so expensive?

Is VIP really so good to charge these fees?

VIP is a mystery to me and to a lot of people on Purse Forum. I had privately messaged 2 different people here that claimed to had gone to VIP for their procedures. Both seem to be indirect. The only thing they would say is that everything went well, but they wouldn't go into details about their experience. I didn't ask for B & A pictures or nothing like that. I understand that people are not obligated to speak with you. But I do find it highly suspicious that neither one of them didn't want to talk about their experience and they basically said the same thing.

VIP claims to not have had any accidents. Honestly, their before and aftercare appears to be amazing. I would say, one of the best I've come across thus far in South Korea. However, I still don't think it's worth spending a whole lot of money. You're definitely right that it's comparable to Beverly Hills.

Wow.. 15K USD? That's way above the average price among Korean PS.
Did they say this is just the price of basic rhinoplasty or it includes the whole package like tip plasty, alar reduction or hump nose etc?

It is a rib rhinoplasty at that price. But again, I have been in contact with other surgeons and this price rivals rib rhinoplasty quotes from the best surgeons in The United States.
If anyone has experience with VIP clinic's results, I would love to hear about them.

The price quoted was for a rib rhinoplasty. This includes pick up from the airport, aftercare and if I am not mistaken some time to recover in their apartment. Here is their initial email to me.

Thank you for completing the form.

Surgical cost is always individual, so it may vary by patient’s condition, procedure, and material used.

• 100% rib cartilage rhinoplasty: US$15,000
  • Midface augmentation(rib cartilage): US$3,000
* The surgical cost includes anesthesia, doctor's operation, nursing care, 1-day in-patient hospitalization, injection fee, post-operative care, and doctor's dressing treatment.
* Prescription will be provided but out-patient medication is not included in the surgical cost. Medication can be bought from the nearby pharmacy and depending on your surgery, it will be around $20 ~$100.

The above fees will be honored for One Month from today's date. This quote is based on online consultation with photos and recommended surgeries may change after consultation with doctor in-person. There is 10% additional tax on plastic surgeries / treatments and you can get tax refund about ~8% at the airport. Your surgery must be paid in full prior to your scheduled surgery.

Please click the following link to see the process to visit our clinic: http://www.vippskorea.com/contact-us/process-to-visit-vip.html

VIP SERVICES
If you reserve your surgery ahead, I can offer you our convenient VIP services for free of charge so you lessen your burden on travel costs. If you would like to have the VIP services, please let me know so I can help you with the reservation process as it is limited to availability.
* For accommodation, we have VIP studio apartment which is located close to our clinic. The fee is normally $100 per night, but we are happy to offer you VIP studio apartment for free of charge during your stay in Korea (max 14 days). An additional stay will be charged $100 each night. You can click the following to see the apartment: http://blog.vippskorea.com/vip-accommodation-service/ Please note that the apartment is limited to availability.

* We also provide airport pick-up service for your convenience. Let me know when you reserve your flight ticket information once you book it so that I can arrange your pick up for you.
After the surgery, a professional aesthetician will take care of your skin and swelling by skin care treatment and healing treatment. These services will boost your recovery phase.

I would also like to emphasize that VIP is not a commercialized clinic and we strive for long-lasting results and highest safety for every single patient. We did not have a single medical malpractice for 18 years of practice since opening. Please click this link to see our extensive list of Before & After Pictures: http://vippskorea.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=before_after_photo

I hope this email finds you informative. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am more than happy to help you out. Thank you.

Best regards,
Jessica

This is a competitive price for rib rhinoplasty nearly anywhere in the United States. I received a quote of $14,000 from a surgeon in Portland named Michael Kim.

OMG! Why so expensive? I’m looking for primary augmentation rhino and so far decided to get it done at regen ps with dr. Lee. I was quoted $6-7k and they also offered some discount. As far as I know, regen is actually a big-scale ps, not sure about vip tho… I think you’d definitely consider some other places, bc they are overpriced

Those prices do not rival what you'd be charged in Beverly Hills, these prices are a lot more expensive! I had my own rhinoplasty in BH. It hasn't been too long and I went to a rather famous doctor who openly works on celebrities as well, and even then my total was $11K USD. I would really look around more! $15K, unless it's some complicated revision, sounds like a huge rip off. And believe me, I had a disaster of a nose and now it's amazing - you really can reach all of your desired changes at a fair enough price if you look hard enough :smile: My hotel, right at the heart of Beverly Hills, costs about $70 a night. Just minutes away in walking distance from the bougie Rodeo Drive. You can always find what you're looking for if you're thorough enough!

You are of course absolutely free to choose Korea for any reason, but just know there are always many options! Including in Korea - I know there are far better prices and deals. Best of luck to you ♡

Hi! Would you be willing to PM me the name of your Beverly Hills doctor please? I would like to try consulting there too :smile: thanks! P.s. also, are you Asian / does he do lots of Asian noses?

• 1 month later...