BeautyHacker

Asymmetric jaw. Do I really need 2 jaw?

Hello again!

Next week I'm going to Korea for a face 2 face consultation with Dr Lee at TFD. I've been lurking on PF for a few months now and though I've only consulted with one clinic, I believe they're the ones I'm going with. I've been a little worried since I haven't seen anyone with the same problem as me.
Therefore I'm asking you all for a little help with what procedures you think i should get done.

My issue is my asymmetrical jaw. My whole face tilts slightly to the right and even my eyes are uneven.
Dr Lee told me that it's mostly my jaw that is the problem and he said "we can move your chin to the left side and make your face more symmetrical with genioplasty and jaw shaving".

I also contacted DFK just to see what the clinics would recommend and this is what I got.
Banobagi: Angular jaw correction + Genioplasty
ID Hospital: V-line
Cinderella: Angular jaw correction + Genioplasty
JK clinic: Angular jaw correction + Genioplasty
Though DFK also said that i HAVE to do 2 jaw surgery for the best results.

I would be very happy if you could look at my pictures below and tell me what procedures you think I might have to do and also what you think of what the doctors recommendations!
Also what questions should I ask at the consultation? I've already written a few but what do you think is most important to ask about?
(Not sure if you need to knoe but I've had braces for 3 years)
IMG-8839 (1).png IMG-8839 (2).png IMG-8839 (3).png IMG-8839.jpg IMG-8839.png IMG-8844.JPG

From your pictures, I can see that your teeth aren't aligned 100%, but it seems like it isn't enough to the point where you need two jaw surgery. Two jaw surgery is the biggest surgery in plastic surgery, so you should only follow through with it if you have a severe over/under bite. From your pictures, it looks like facial contouring/v-line would be the best option for you! :smile:

Trust me; You don't need two jaw surgery :smile:

Omg from the front view your chin and jaw looks soooo similar to mine.
I have the same problem with my chin Dr. Lee said it's "deviated chin" and a genio should fix it.
From the picture your right jaw seems to be more square-ish and bigger than the left side (mine is the left side being bigger), hence an angular jaw correction/jaw shaving.
And I think the 2 combined is a full Vline? (chin+jaw)
So basically all other clinics recommended you the same thing and that sounds right to me too.
I really dont think you need 2 jaw.

Have you ever tried to get the CT scan and get the consultation with the orthodontist?so they can recommend you which way is more better for you?maybe you only need braces to fix your bite...and when they look at your CT scan,they can know which procedure is match because some people need two jaw surgery,some just need the braces.And two jaw surgery is a big surgery,you will be on diet for a long time and lost so much weight,plus you might need someone to take care of you after the surgery,so for saving time and money,I think you should get the CT scan and the consultation with your orthodontist first

She had braces

I had braces for 3 years to fix my cross bite so I don't think thats the way to solve it. I have had CT scans done multiple times by my dentists.

Hi! What surgery are you having and where? Im going to Korea tomorrow. :smile:

Is that so? Your surgery is in 2 months right? Excited for your results. :smile:
Thank you so much!! About the genio, do you think they will be sliding it sideways to make my face more symmetrical? Or why does he recommend genio?

http://www.thefacedental.com/born/face.asp
I think genio is a part of V-line, and the T osteotomy part might be what's fixing our asymmetrical chin (pictured). I'm not entirely sure how though, lol. You can ask him further about that when you meet him. We discussed about zygoma more so I didn't really ask him about the genio process.

Alright, thank you!