BeautyHacker

DES and PTOSIS CORRECTION at UVOM

Hey guys! This is my review on my experience with UVOM. I had DES and ptosis correction done on Sept 2019. I agreed to write a review for them for a discount in my procedure. These are my personal thoughts, I have not been told to write anything on their behalf.

I've always had an inner eyelid but you know the struggles - I wasn't able to draw eyeliner without it "disappearing" when I open my eyes. Then I started to manipulate them by wearing eyelid tape. I was probably on eyelid tape for almost 10 years, so you can imagine how weak the muscles in my eyes were, and how saggy they were becoming. I thought it was finally time to get double eyelids done.

I did all my research via Purseforum and learnt the basics; reach out to companies, set up a consultation, and begin my plastic surgery journey in Korea. I had three clinics in mind: MVP, VIEW, and UVOM.

I made all three consultations in one day, but because of time management, I decided not to visit MVP in the end. VIEW was great, the hospital itself felt very expensive and luxurious, but price was also expensive lol UVOM was next. I think of UVOM as a small clinic. There were one or two people usually in the waiting room; they were either locals or Chinese clients.
Jasmine was my English translator - Very sweet person who is very relatable as well; willing to answer all the questions my friend and I had about my procedure. I was consulted with Dr. Kang; very pleasant; smiles appropriately. He was truthful during the consultation, advising me to go natural because of how my eyes were. He was very patient throughout the consultation.
All in all, the environment was very comfortable and to my liking. They were very flexible in terms of when I wanted to do my surgery, and were also willing to negotiate when I asked about receiving more anti-swelling laser treatments. At the end of the consultation I decided to go ahead with UVOM.

I had my surgery performed on a Friday. It was approximately an hour. I was able to receive a dose of pain medication via IV in the resting room because of the pain I was experiencing in my eyes post operatively. They were more than happy to allow me to stay in their bed for as long as I needed because I was feeling quite groggy and weak. Jasmine made sure I was well taken care of with eye packs on my eyes.

In the following days to come, I received a total of 3 anti-swelling laser treatments and I took out my stitches post op Day5. My eyes were recovering really well. They were most bruised post op Day1, and was looking quite natural (except you can see the stitching) from Day 3 onwards. My friend was surprised at how well I was recovering. I did not even bother covering my eyes with shades when I was out (except when the typoon was going on!).
I suggest to sleep sitting upwards of 30 to 45deg, walking lots during the day, applying cold/hot (as prescribed) eye packs whenever you are at home (especially first thing in the morning), and applying eyedrops and taking your medications as prescribed. I continued to have Korean bbq (aka salty foods) but stayed away from alcohol..

These are pictures one month post-op! Let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Before:
IMG_4736.gif
After:
IMG_4735.gif