BeautyHacker

Facial Plastic Surgery in Seoul, View Plastic Surgery review with pics

Hello there! I gave it some thought and decided to share my experience with plastic surgery in Seoul too, since other people shared theirs it helped me decide what and where to go for what I wanted to be done.

Beware: I'm adding some pictures with bruises, stitches, and tubes, keep that in mind if you are a sensitive person.

Planning

It took a couple years to decide if I really wanted to get facial plastic surgery, where to do it, with whom, and what was I really expecting from it. There are just too many options, and way too many concerns, but if I had to mention one in particular, is safety, I suffer from chronic pain and had a horrible experience some years before when I woke up during surgery.
My second concern was that I didn’t want a translator or anyone working as intermediary between me and the clinic, if possible, to be able to prepare everything prior to my travel to be at ease, because stress and haste worsens the chronic pain.
The third concern, the kind of results the surgeons would aim for from an aesthetic perspective: while I’m caucasian, I’m not looking for a sexy/curvy look, I’d rather have a natural and fresh look.

I went with the first option I checked, View Plastic Surgery. When I contacted them I was able to do so in very fluent English, and they were very upfront about everything, including their fees. I was able to ask about many things directly and didn’t have to wait too much for their replies. I never felt pressured to choose, which was the case with the other three clinics I contacted afterward, and when you are about to have surgery it’s not like you want someone insisting and telling you “you need this surgery” based on your pictures, instead they only suggested when I asked what could be done to certain parts of my face.
Once the dates were arranged, the person I was speaking with insisted I took care of my health, he wanted to make sure I wouldn’t be underweight or sick when I arrived at the clinic or they would reject my procedure, that I should drink alcohol, smoke or take any drugs the weeks prior to it.

They have a team specialized in facial bone surgery and I saw many examples of what they are able to do for natural results, and while I liked what I saw, what convinced me is that their medical staff includes anesthesiologist on-site, and this was going to be a longer surgery than the one I had before, I preferred the anesthesiologists being part of the clinic’s staff. They also announce how they have been over 15 years without medical accidents, and I’m guessing this is because they are ready for whatever can happen during the procedure, and how they have at least two surgeons planning and performing surgery.

Arrival to the clinic

The day I arrived at the clinic everything was very comfortable and well organized, the staff was very friendly and able to fluently speak English, and there was even a very nice person who was able to speak in Spanish with me. While on one hand, I felt everything was very professional, on the other one I wasn’t nervous because of how easy it was to talk with them.
After getting tests, scans and pictures taken, I met with Doctor Yun Chang Woon, and it was great that he spoke in English too. Initially, I wanted to reduce the size of my mandible, my face has always been very androgynous and felt like there was something off about it, and also my eyes looked like I had an “I don’t care” expression (I’m also kind of pale and most people assumed I was sick or tired all the time... and I'm not the smiliest person in the world).

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 7.37.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 7.46.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 7.41.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 7.49.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 7.55.22 PM.png

Doctor Yun was very honest with me and explained how I actually needed some reconstructive surgery, giving me an alternative procedure, double jaw instead of a v-line. I don’t know you, but when told there is something wrong with your facial bones that are going to get worse, of course, you need to correct it: my facial contour was longer on the left side, my chin was too projected to the front and my profile was concave, this made it look as if my face was sinking at the center and sideways, plus having problems keeping my teeth straight even with a retainer. He pointed at how it was noticeable in pictures, but seeing the scans was very definitive and decided to have the procedures suggested by him. I suspect this happened to my face due to me falling on top of my chin from a swing when I was 7yo…
Doctor Yun also pointed out that I had a good occlusion in my mouth and therefore they would be able to perform everything at the same time, and that I would need to go back to my orthodontist in a couple months after surgery.

The procedures we decided on were: upper and lower ptosis correction, genioplasty, zygoma reduction, mandible and angle reduction (double jaw surgery), plus the insertion of a prosthesis behind my nose cartilage in order to get a more convex profile.
After that, I talked with another person about the risks related to those procedures, about responsibility on each part and to learn about the recovery and what was expected for aftercare. I took my time to read everything, which again, was well written in English and I wouldn’t have signed anything that would have needed to be translated to me by another person. They replied to several questions I made and I felt satisfied with how everything was proceeding.

Surgery

Next day was my surgery, I decided to pay a deposit in advance in order to have surgery on a fixed date, that way I was able to organize the days until they removed the stitches as a vacation plan in Seoul.
I got changed into some pajamas and then met again with Dr. Yun, he said my test came ok and how they would proceed with my surgery, and after that, they brought me to the operating room. Everything was very fast, there were a lot of nurses around and I didn’t feel nervous because of how well organized everything felt. Once I was laying down, the anesthesiologist ‘connected’ my arm to an intravenous line, I was surprised because I didn’t feel any pain, and then I just fell asleep at some point. The surgery took around 5’5h and they woke me up before leaving the operating room to tell me they were finished and that everything went as planned.

I stayed overnight in a room with a huge flat TV, there they explained that I had to wait some hours to be able to drink water, and how to use the product they had ready for gargles and how often I had to use it. I was surprised when I saw my face because I didn’t have any stitches in my face aside from the ones on my eyelids, they performed all the surgeries from inside my mouth, wow. Also, my eyes! Even with how swollen they were I could see them more open and bright than it used to be. There weren’t that many bruises, I was really surprised at how not bad it looked.

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 7.15.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 7.15.45 PM.png

It was very comfortable staying there since I could walk around the room and the hallway outside, it was a very quiet floor, and there was a fridge where I could exchange the cold packs I was given, plus the bed was amazingly comfortable. I must say I didn’t feel any pain or incommodity from the tubes in my mouth, it was just weird having to lay flat on my back to sleep, nothing else.

07768b8f511614febad746477a90d6aa.jpeg

The next day I was able to leave the building, they gave me a card with the date of my after-care: stitches removal and deswelling treatment. The nice person who spoke Spanish accompanied me to the pharmacy to get my prescriptions and made sure I understood how I had to proceed with everything. Even the person in the pharmacy explained everything in English, how to apply the cream on my eyes when to take or not the extra painkillers.
While I did pay for the prescriptions, I was given the pumpkin juice, gargle bottles and cold packs by the clinic.

After-care

Both I and my husband were surprised at how the locals would ignore the state of my face, haha, in other countries people would even get close to you and ask what happened to you assuming you had an accident or the like, but in Seoul seems like people are used to bandages and swollen faces. In Seoul, it is easy to find face masks in pharmacies or stores like Daiso, but I wore these just to avoid direct sunlight exposure since people don’t really pay attention to your face. Oddly enough, they reacted strongly to the tattoos on my arms when those were showing. Ah, and you should be careful since some people will most likely bump into you when it is crowded and it is common to find people walking while staring at their smartphones.

94450b5c5152efaf63ff5575dcfc56a8.jpeg
"My face feels heavy, hahaha"

I did walk around 10km daily, some days I would even walk up to 15km, they strongly recommended to walk to help with the swelling, not to eat spicy food and to apply the cold mask regularly. I was very comfortable all the time, at had lots of fun going around the city. Of course, I couldn’t eat kimchi nor bbq, but I will leave that for next time.

The third day after surgery was the peak of the swelling, my lips went dark and all full of blood and hurt a bit, it was really uncomfortable, but this was the ‘worst’ part, everything got better from here on. I had the contact of one of the assistants and was able to ask if this was ok, she reassured me that everything was fine and that I could visit the clinic if I felt there was something wrong. Still, I didn’t need to use the extra painkillers I was given.

photo_2019-12-12_19-33-28.jpg

On my first checkup I got my eye stitches removed and the ones inside my mouth checked, one of the assistants held my hand during the process since it can be a bit uncomfortable, she made sure I could relax. They insisted I tried to do my best with oral hygiene, it can be a bit challenging because of how swollen it can get inside the mouth. They also checked I was properly wearing the velcro band, not too adjusted nor too loose, and that I would not wear it all the time; in my case, this was the most confusing part because I was sure if I was doing it properly, but I was able to ask them a lot.
While I was waiting I saw Oli London, I guess you can spot famous people in plastic surgery clinics, haha.
I met again with Doctor Yun and he exclaimed “how did you get so thin??”, but I explained I can’t eat dairy, wheat or sugary stuff, and there aren’t many soft things I could eat during those days, nice that he would pay attention to that. He said everything was looking great with my face so far, at this time he was smiling and seemed satisfied with the results so far, this made me feel even better. He explained that I had to train my eyelids by carefully opening them wide and moving my eyes in all directions to help the muscles regain movement and adjust to the new position; for the mouth, that I shouldn’t chew hard things while my zygoma bones got fixed in place again. I received some deswelling treatment, but apparently, I didn’t need much since it was going away properly enough.

Two weeks after surgery they removed the stitches inside my mouth and gave me the ok to go back home, by then I had no problems eating and go back to work.

Back home

I requested copies of the before and after surgery scans and x-rays for my orthodontist, that way I was able to get braces two months after surgery, my retainers didn’t fit at all after surgery, it was a completely different mouth (this said by my orthodontist). They gave me a letter detailing the procedures, this is useful when you have to show your passport in airports to justify why your face looks different from the picture in the id, or in case you have any kind of complications or get surgery again.

It’s been six months since surgery, my face has been getting slimmer each month and has minimal ‘double chin’, I only see it when I tuck my chin a bit, but it isn't a concern.

In general, I like how bright my expression looks now, it reflects better how I feel. Did I get the natural and fresh look I wanted? Yes, definitively.
The experience with View Plastic Surgery has been perfect, I can’t think of anything that could have been done better, especially when compared to my previous experience in another country/clinic. They have been communicative, friendly and professional. In fact, I wish to go back in a couple years to the same clinic for rhinoplasty and for facial lifting, once I’m finished with the braces and also to let my face time to recover from surgery.

*continues*

Before and After Pictures

I want to share some before and after pictures showing my full face, that way you will be able to see the actual difference in my expression.

These are from the morning of surgery day:
WhatsApp Image 2019-06-21 at 5.23.24 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-06-21 at 5.23.25 AM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-06-21 at 5.23.25 AM.jpeg

Two weeks after surgery:
P6230289.JPG P6230284.JPG

Three weeks after surgery:
IMG_3153.png IMG_6482.png

One month after surgery:
photo_2019-12-12_20-09-36.jpg photo_2019-12-12_20-09-56.jpg photo_2019-12-12_20-09-45.jpg

Six months after surgery (sorry for the messy hair, haha):
photo_2019-12-12_20-10-01.jpg photo_2019-12-12_20-10-04.jpg photo_2019-12-12_20-10-07.jpg

And a comparison of before and after:
IMG_0039.jpeg photo_2019-12-12_20-09-52.jpg

And that's it. Feel free to ask any questions except for price, I believe it is better to ask the clinics directly based on your pictures and what kind of procedure you want and that clinics who are opaque about it should not be trusted.

As I said, I wanted to share it because this forum was useful to me, I never had the need to participate aside from reading.

If that's the case then you likely developed false confidence based upon deceitful & promotional propaganda that was mixed with spiteful rumors that View (Henry) spread on this forum for the sake of profit. And it's been exposed and their reputation went down the toilet.

The PF mods found and busted most of View's PF accounts. Henry who is known for dirty tricks and running online scams for View still works there. If you contact View they'll say he doesn't even exist or they never heard of him. Yeah, totally not shady.

Sample of Henry's View PF accounts busted by PF admins:
And here is one of the many horrible things Henry does at View with PF accounts. Tormenting @denyang who was emotionally distressed after a failed surgery (which she did not even do at View).

[​IMG]

This super positive review "you" supposedly wrote follows their M.O. and comes at suspicious time.View is at really low point, especially for trust. And they're likely scouting people they can manipulate to rebuild their image or rolling out more dirty tricks.

So your relatively new account and review out of nowhere doesn't really help to make people believe otherwise.

Yeah, that's called an advertisement and should be disclosed that it's an advertisement, so people can evaluate that info in a more accurate lens. Also, it's illegal even if it was disclosed since it's a medical procedure and they're not supposed to be advertised that way.

Sponsored discounts come with strings attached. View pre-screens sponsored posts before people are allowed to post them. But most likely they are probably just asking the person to send selfies and View (Henry) is writing these and posting them.

If the actual person also agrees to write them, then View makes them sign an NDA, so even if the OP denies its sponsored, they're obligated by their contract to say it's not. They also sign a clause saying they're not allowed to post anything negative, so 3 months later if they're not happy, well tough luck.

Finally posting ads not that are not approved by TPF according to their rules is called spam.

• 5 months later...
Hi again, I'm making a quick update of a year after (it is a good excuse to freshen up while at home during the stay-at-home period...). My face has been changing a lot since the surgery, still not much of a smiley person, but I don't feel awkward anymore when I do.

IMG_20200515_152623.jpg IMG_20200515_152641.jpg IMG_20200515_150916.jpg IMG_20200515_151039.jpg
...my hair isn't the best, hahaha.

Left pics are from December 2018, right May 2020:

CFF6F820-9C3D-47DB-A2D4-A6DCEADDB68B.png IMG_20200515_152237.jpg
EAB023CF-02E9-452E-B40A-941AD08D88A7.png IMG_20200515_152750.jpg
417177BD-54A6-4BE1-8ED8-BC3DA408B125.png IMG_20200515_152802.jpg

For now it doesn't seem like I'll need lifting treatments, I want to try learning gua sha facial massage to help with the muscles on the right side of my face tighten (this was recommended by a physiotherapist and my orthodontist), and in general to keep my skin from shagging, still, it is crazy how I didn't get a double chin.

hi. i'm still 19 but i want to know if ever i decide to get zygomas reduction+vline with VIEW, will i also need to undergo face lifting as well? is sagging possible with the way they do their procedures?

also, do you know any other way to get a discount from them as well?☹️ they suggested me the three types of facial contouring surgery(square jaw+genioplasty for 12million krw and zygomas reduction for 6 million krw) since my main problem is that i have asymmetrical jaw which is obvious when you look at the front and at the same time the upper and lower part of my frontal view is wide, unlike both my side profiles(except that they're also affected of the asymmetry problem of course). thank you.

Hi there! In my case, I haven't undergone a facelift of any kind after the surgery. I believe I didn't get much sagging because I was already quite thin when I went into surgery and I've kept that same weight, 112lbs.
Most probably it will depend too on the amount of bone removed from your jaw. Skin wise, I am 32yo and my skin has been doing great afterward with very basic skincare, in your case being 19yo shouldn't be a problem. Still, a minimum of shagging should always be expected in any surgery that involves removing fat or bone (telling this on personal experience from previous surgeries).

Getting multiple procedures done in the same surgery will already save you money, but I highly recommend to ask them straight for the price of each procedure and to be bold about a discount in case you decide to do the three procedures with them, they are very upfront about price and didn't force me to compromise or pressure me in any way.
And yeah, I had an asymmetrical jaw too and they did an awesome job with it, the surgeon in charge of my surgery explained a couple options of procedures we could choose to both correct and enhance the shape of my face while showing me the Xrays and pictures. He even took time when they removed all the stitches to explain how things went during the surgery and all.

Thank you for responding. i'm still waiting for their reply about asking for discounts for the three facial contouring surgery procedures. I just want to know, if they will really improve the asymmetrical jaw problem, are they also going to slim down your lower part of the front face if you tell them to? Or it's also a different procedure to pay? It's just that i'm confused by the procedures they have suggested me(except for the zygomas reduction since i know it's for the upper part of the face).

i do noticed that you're thin so i'm assuming that you didn't ask them to make your lower part of the face look even slimmer