BeautyHacker

Nose Filler for Higher Nose Bridge

Hi, has any tried using nose filler to add height to their nose bridge? Have you been satisfied with the result? How much height could you get with fillers? Did you notice any filler migration over time?

I want a higher nose bridge but I don't want to get rhinoplasty because of all the associated risks and issues.

I've had fillers injected for my nose twice. The first time was great. I got 2ccs of Restylane injected upwards through the tip of my nose to augment the bridge. It looked really natural and I was really happy with the results. The doctor was really happy too and paraded me around the clinic to show off his work.

The second time with a different injector was awful. I paid for 2ccs, but the nurse only used one to begin with. Which I'm actually grateful for because her technique and aesthetic was terrible. She injected downwards through the nasion area by bending the needle and I could hear it scrape against the bone. But she did very little along the bridge and basically just augmented the height by adding a ball of filler to the top of my nose. I never went back to get the second syringe I paid for. I got this done years ago, and it left behind an uneven bump. I'm looking into whether it can be treated with hyaluronidase or if it's something else.

A few notes based on my experience:
  • My nose wasn't especially low to begin with, and before going in, I thought I'd only need the one syringe. The (first) result was good with 2cc, but I think I probably still would have been happy with just one. Sort of like getting your boobs done, I guess? Bigger isn't always better, but you don't complain when they are.
  • Getting fillers really, really hurts. After the first time, I thought, well, I like the results, but I'm never doing that again. It was probably the most pain I'd experienced at the time. That being said, it's a pretty quick procedure. I had botox for my jaw done at the same time, and I think I was in and out in less than, hm... 10 minutes?
  • This goes without saying, but as with any aesthetic procedure, it all comes down to the skill of the practitioner. I didn't do a huge amount of research going in, relatively speaking, because I figured it's just "temporary" and "reversible". That was a bad idea. My treatments weren't that expensive, but don't make your decision based on price. Hyaluronidase can cost just as much as the filler itself.
  • Definitely watch these videos before getting fillers: https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/1020321-the-dangers-of-filler-injection/ Fillers are not risk-free. The potential for permanent blindness part really freaked me out.
Even though I had some success with them, I don't think I'd get fillers for my nose again. Now I'm looking into some sort of autologous material rhinoplasty.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much for your insight on this ! it is very detailed really helpful ! I