BeautyHacker

(Photos & Review) I did Rhino + Double Eyelid @ ITEM Clinic

Hi guys, I'm a couple months post op & I'm finally ready to post my review!

TLDR: I love my results with DR. Kim. Not much aftercare due to price maybe? Consultant Sally was amazing.

ME before: I had one eye slightly double lidded, and other eye completely monolidded. My nose was also slightly bulbous with virtually NO bridge. These were things I really wanted changed. I woke up one day and booked a ticket to Korea by myself and thus starts my PS journey.

Consultations & Clinic Hunting. The results I wanted were VERY high lid, dolly eyes, and dolly curved nose. I didn't do much research on DRs, just looked at B&A's online, which is a big no no in my eyes now bc everyone photoshops the heck out of their B/A. I came into most clinics and was not impressed in person.

All the clinics I planned to consult at had before & afters that I thought I really liked. I checked out Premier, PR, Top Face, Item. I am not going to lie, I REALLY didn't like the way some of the front desk workers at all of these clinics (excluding item ofc) looked. They all had a very uh fake, over exaggerated, and over done work kind of look. Now I know maybe not all the girls got work done at the clinic they worked at, but I didn't want to chance looking crazy fake. Everyone at each clinic was very nice or nice enough. Every DR I met with at ALL clinics seemed knowledgeable, and gave me generally the same suggestion of DES + bulbous nose correction type rhinoplasty.

PLEASE Don't ask for price quotes at the above listed clinics bc tbh I just don't remember.
Every price quote was in person, and written in my (lost) notebook for me by my translator.
Nothing over $10000 USD.

Picking Item: I picked Item because a couple of reasons.
One, Sally, my consultant was super nice. She answered all my questions without being pushy. She was honest in what I did need, and didn't. I originally wanted epicanthoplasty, and she advised against it because it would look unnatural on me. She even helped me hail a cab, and find me food places to eat (since I was in Korea alone with no clue how to survive lol).
Two, My surgeon, Dr. Kim, though short & not exactly friendly was honest & very knowledgeable. I think he's the head surgeon and is known for Rhinoplasty. Price after in person discount was around $7000 USD. He recommended Double Eyelid surgery + Lateral / lowering canthoplasty. Alarplasty + bridge (silicon) + tiplasty (donated rib). He did both procedures on me.
Three. Because all the girls there, including both my consultants had cute tiny noses and looked natural enough to me. I couldn't really tell if anyone there had PS so I liked that a lot.

Surgery: I won't post TOO much about my pre-op because I feel as it'll be similar to other pre-op experiences. Long story short, I was super nervous. Sally and Jaime (the other consultant) held my hand and talked to me during my eyelid surgery. I was HIGH AS FACK and saw rainbows & literally was too high to even care that someone was cutting up my face. The smell of the laser cutting my lid smelled like burnt rice. That's all I remember. I felt tugging, no pain. Then they put me completely under twilight for nose surgery. Next thing I woke up and was a high, puff, ugly chipmunk. Stayed in korea for about 7 more days then went home to the US!

Here are post op photos. My nose is slightly still bulbous but that really can't be helped. My skin is pretty thick so bulbous is very hard to correct. I'm happy with it for now.

2 days after surgery. Yellow under eyes. VERY VERY PUFFY.
739C1039-58D4-4033-A430-34AF67F7B707.jpeg

THIS is my before/ after (1 month) VVV

78F4FD9A-4EF2-42E0-B25F-DB9C2AAD05AE.jpeg

2 month after VV
7EAE3F7C-4F46-4B2C-A76C-8DA96A0E29E8.jpeg

These are all NOW VV
50BDA2D8-724F-444C-B57E-35B03928665E.jpeg 6B6D5CEF-B3C4-4A70-84A0-15471A0150ED.jpeg

Thanks for reading my reviewwww.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Btw did you do your research back while you are in your country? Like online consultation with any of your shortlisted out clinics tnx

did you get
did you get your lips done too ?looks amazing