BeautyHacker

Surgery March-April 2020

I've been wanting to get facial contouring for years now, and I'm finally ready to take the plunge. My plan is to go to Korea for 3 weeks and get jaw reduction, zygoma (this one is still a maybe... my cheekbones are slightly uneven and one is larger than the other, I only want the larger cheekbone reduced to be the same size as the smaller one) and rhinoplasty.

I am concerned about getting facial contouring and rhino at the same time due to breathing concerns, but I've read several accounts now from those who have. I will listen to the advice of the doctors though and hear what they have to say about that before I decide.

I have a few clinics in mind to consult with:
  • View
  • Regen
  • UVOM
  • Opera
I'm not going to use Docfinderkorea or any of those medical tourism agencies. I can speak Korean conversationally but it's at a low level, and I'd want a translator present for the consultations (if the doctors can't speak English) to ensure I fully understand everything.

This is my plan in terms of organizing the trip by myself, in order of steps. Do you think this is the right sequence of logistics in terms of planning? Are there any other big steps I'm missing?

Steps:

1. Reach out to clinics and book consultations for the first day or two that I'll be in Korea.
  2. Book flight
  3. Book accommodations

I don't want to book the surgeries before I meet with at least a few clinics/doctors for consultations, which means I won't be securing an actual surgery time (with deposit) before my trip. From what I've read around here, it sounds like it's been quite easy for folks to get a surgery date for any clinic shortly after a consultation. Thoughts?

I really have my eye on Dr Oh Myung Jun from Regen but don't want to put all my eggs in one basket before consulting with a few different clinics in person

Thanks, have you had surgery in Korea before? I also noticed you mentioned in another thread about having a recommendation for a hostel in Gangnam area, could you dm me which one?

• 3 weeks later...
hey, have you decided on your surgery date? I will be in Seoul from March 15-April 5. Would like to meet some friends. Let me know if you happen to be there around the same time and would like to meet up :smile: