BeautyHacker

• 2 weeks later...
Hi There,
I had fat grafting in Canada in 2018 and I REALLY regret it. However fat grafting is totally operator dependent and I am confident that there are lots of surgeons in USA and SK who have the expertise to do it properly.

Fat does generally not 'migrate' like filler can, but if it is injected incorrectly and doesn't form a blood supply, it either 'dies' or turns into an oil cyst. This is what hapened to me and it is hard and lumpy and painful.

I do look distorted when I smile now as the fat was placed too high on the cheek and it pushes up my lower lid when I smile. Also fully correcting one part of the face while leaving others untreated can also look unnatural. I do not have an issue with sagging - but this could be nature of where it was placed on me and my age (32)

I had breast fat grafting in Canada and my results were excellent. The surgeon had experience and I had no lumps bumps or cysts afterwards.

I had about 50 percent retention. I think a lot of retention is technique dependent. My friend went to Dr Edward bednar is south South Carolina and she had 80 percent retention.... Not to mention she was able to go up 2 full cup sizes. I got one.

Oh wow! Has it been a long time now that the grafting has lasted, or was this recent? Thanks for sharing all the info about the risks btw. I didn't know much about this. I hope it works out for you soon. I'm Canadian as well but personally I've found US surgeons to have more of a niche (just in my experience of course).

I totally agree, don't think I'll be getting PS with a canadian surgeon again- US docs have more training and experience! I find Canadian docs have a 'you look good enough/not that bad' attitude which is frustrating.

Had the breast fat grafting almost two years ago now (July 2018), any volume I lost was in first 3 months, and it has stayed the same since then.

Agreed! After my rhino in the US, I was 100% happy but I didn't heal well in the columella area. The extra scar tissue showing on my side profile made it obvious that I must have had some sort of procedure done. I went to a local Canadian plastic surgeon and he said it wasn't so bad (lol) and went on about all the potential risks surgeries bring and how he could make it even worse. I honestly felt depressive but I'm glad I didn't give up. I kept looking things up and eventually got it 100% fixed by a laser tech in like a one minute procedure. Now it looks like I was born with a nice nose! I feel that Canadian surgeons are much too conservative with their work, though I'm sure there are some exceptional ones. Similarly, I'm sure you'll come across an expert than can effectively remove your facial fat grafts, even if you've heard it can't be done or "isn't terrible". Just keep researching, don't give up.

Also, that's awesome! If you're comfortable, please PM me the surgeon that performed that :smile:

I saw Dr Stephen Mulholland in Toronto. Did he do a decent job, yes, however if I do a 2nd round I would not go back to him for a few reasons:

He's very hard to get a hold of if an issue arises which is frustrating. He operates like an assembly line.
I developed some noticeable rippling and fibrosis on my lower abdomen which was used as a donor site and he said he could inject steroids. I called his BS as I have a science background and know that inkecting steroid wouldn't do anything.

I pushed back and asked him to go back in to smooth out my lower abdomen and he finally agreed however the front staff sent me an 'enhancement quote' for $1000. I pushed back multiple times and they said they wouldn't waive the cost.

It wasn't until I posted a negative review with pics on realself that they agreed to waive they fee (if I took review) down of course.

My friend Who went to see Dr Bednar in North Carolina had much better results overall- they have a FB group where ladies post progress pics- he is an artist!

Thanks so much for sharing that! Very sad that a negative review is what pushes some of these people to "care" and not natural compassion itself. Just disgusting.

I appreciate your openness (if I do take this route I'll def check out this NC doctor). Wishing you the best with your revision. Took me 3 years to sort mine out but it's always possible imo :smile:

Just curious what type of laser treatment did you have on the scar? Was it a raised scar and the laser flattened it?

It was an ablative CO2 laser. I had an uneven raised scar, yes. It flattened it completely (it lasers away the extra skin) and it's now seamless and scarless! The area is now super smooth and I can't stress enough how easy this was. I have no idea why plastic surgeons talk about revision surgery when there is such a simpler and affordable option. This cost me around $200 for an excellent permanent result. And, since the laser is controlled by the technician, they can custom flatten parts of it or whatever it is you need to smooth it all out evenly. My only suggestion to anyone is to make sure to go to an experienced professional - the more qualifications, the better.