BeautyHacker

Korea Eye Surgery - Post Op review

Hi friends, I’ve been on this forum looking for a little while now, but today I came to share my little experience with you guys. It’s my first time posting here. First of all I’m sorry if some parts are said wrong, English is not my first language. I found a good clinic and had wonderful results so I really wanted to share here… and maybe boast a little too. Follow along and take away whatever is useful for you.

Okay so I’m from Malaysia and back in December I got surgery on my eyes. I came to Korea since five years ago for university. The reason I wanted to get eyelid surgery is because I wanted rounder and bigger eyes. My image gives off a colder appearance to other people so I wanted to get rid of this image. I wanted longer, bigger eyes that can give a softer look. As you know, eyelid surgery is pretty common especially with Asians and I’ve seen pretty good results on some people. I got to know Mine plastic surgery after some internet searches. My Korean is pretty good because I studied and lived here for a while now so communication is no problem. Mine clinic had one of the best reviews so I came in and did consultation. It is a surgery after all so it is an important decision. I felt the least worried after consultation with them.

Here is before. Not bad but I wanted change
before.jpg before1.jpg

During the consultation Doctor Song was there and he explain different kinds of eyelid surgeries and which one fit me best. I already knew because of my independent research but there is more than one type of eyelid surgeries, people. Doctor took a stick to make crease on my eye to see which shape was more flattering and I wanted the crease to be not so close to my eyeline. Then he gave me suggestions for inner corner of the crease line, that it would look nicer if it was not so close to eyeline. The doctor also said one thing that contribute to my “cold look” is because my eyes are angled upwards. So lowering the outer corners of the eyes can open them up and also give softer look. I didn’t really think or know of this before but after he explain the effect and I thought more about it. It did make a lot of sense and I decided to do the lateral canthoplasty too. So in total it was double eyelid, blepharoplasty, epicanthoplasty, lateral canthoplasty. It sounds like a lot written out like that but they are all in the eye area and are small changes that all work with each other so I thought, if I am going to do a surgery to go for the look I want, why not go for the methods that will give me the best, you know? And to achieve the look I want, the Doctor is the designer so I took his advice. I am actually really glad I did.

The consultation was the most important part for me deciding I want the surgery with Mine clinic because they actually help visualize the results and were very thorough in the consultation. They told me that because of swelling the eyelid can look like too much but no worries because it will become the right size… so things like that they let me know everything before. And now that it has been a couple months all they said was true. Every month the shape will change little bit by bit in a good way because the swelling is going down. They also warn about dryness etc and that it will take at least 3 months for the body to get used to new eye shapes. Predictability is important and the consultation helped me feel that I knew what I was doing and how my eyes will look after. So I decided to go with Mine clinic and surgery date for mid December was set.

The day of surgery came really fast. When I went in I changed right away and got ready for surgery. I was so so so nervous. I was asleep the whole time and it took about 2 hours. When I woke up I felt no pain but I knew it was because of the local anesthesia that was still there. Overall a little dizzy and thirsty and hungry. I couldn’t wait to see the results with the coming weeks. I went home and when anesthesia wore off I thought it would hurt a lot but it didn’t. I did have soreness but that was all so that was really nice. Also seeing out of my eyes were no problem. Two days later I went back to the clinic for stabilization and for some after surgery treatment. I think they put ointment on my eyes and checked stitches.

Day 3 vs Day 7
day3.jpg day7.jpg

A week later I went in again to remove stitches and get some laser treatment. Doctor Song came again to ask how I was and to check the progress. I liked how the doctor always made sure I was ok and was an active part of the process. The only most uncomfortable part was not abling to wash the face and hair as much as I wanted and making sure my eyes were not wet with water. I was already happy with my result and it wasn’t even final. Strangely one side of the face was recovering better than the other and there were still bruises. I felt quite thankful for my new appearance, it was exactly the shape I wanted so much and they made it real.

after.jpg after1.jpg
after2.jpg

After one month they look really natural and sometimes I don’t even wear eyeliners on my eyes. Now I can wear some makeup, I just have to make sure not to rub my eyes too hard. Doctor came in this time as well and closely examined the results. During all processes I was so glad I didn’t feel pain after surgery and that the recovery was fast. After one month I am .loving the results and it’s really like a dream come true. If you want plastic surgery Mine clinic is one of the best options in my opinion. I didn’t know I could change so much only with eye surgery.

I hope you like it as much as I do and let me know if you have questions

• 2 months later...