BeautyHacker

My rhinoplasty experience at Nana

Hi! I feel like not many people on here mention nana (maybe because the place is still quite new) so I thought I’d share some of my own experience? Even though I only got surgery 4 days ago and can’t say anything about the result yet.

So, I've been silently considering plastic surgery for a while now cause I've never been satisfied with my nose. But it always felt like a really big decision to make so I kept putting it off despite the fact that I constantly got annoyed at my nose. I hated taking pictures from the front so almost all of my vacation pictures are taken from behind lol. (pretty sure I’m not the only one who’s guilty of this)

I found out about nana hospital by chance when I stumbled across Helen Grube’s video on youtube and somehow I liked the whole feeling of the hospital so I contacted them. They do 1 on 1 online consultations which was nice, and when I came to the hospital last week someone also translated for me during the consultation with the doctor (pretty sure most hospitals do this by now).

The consultant who gave me the final price did try to get me to decide right away, by offering a special discount that I can get if I decide right away but in the end she gave me until the end of the day to decide. I just feel like it’s a big decision and you shouldn’t decide on the hospital or anything right on the spot. Take your time guys!

The doctor (Dr. Jang, I heard she’s really good with nose surgery and has really natural looking results) seemed very professional and more straightforward about what can and can’t be done. I feel like it’s better to know beforehand instead of being disappointed because of unrealistic expectations. I did in the end decide on doing the surgery at nana because I liked her way and how she seemed so professional and calm. She also gave me what I needed to avoid, what I needed to get and how they will lead me to the optimal results.

The whole part before the surgery was great, the part afterwards not so much mostly because my nose hurt and the whole swelling thing (which got worse by days) – I was grateful of the translator there since she helped me so well with everything, you really don’t need to worry about anything. I realized I went there without knowing almost anything with almost no prep but she actually babysitted me through everything. One good tip she gave me - my throat felt so dry and sore after the procedure, and you can’t drink straightaway as you can throw up. The translator told me to buy a water mist for the throat and it helped soothe my throats a lot!

And I was so tired when I went home but my nose felt so weird and whenever I swallowed I could feel that there’s something in my nose, and you have to breathe through your mouth so it was actually quite difficult to sleep. They said it helps to sleep a bit reclined where my head is higher than my heart so the swelling doesn’t get really bad – not sure if it worked lol but I kept doing this. My swelling started to go down from today though.

I will write about my result later and also about the overall experience again in probably about 3 weeks time (if I don’t forget lol)!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...