BeautyHacker

26yo, want to get a v-line. how common is severe skin sagging at my age?

hi! I have very squared lower jaw line. haven’t had any consultations yet, just considering to get it done. have seen lot of review on v-line but still not clear about skin sagging. since I’m 26 I’m especially concerned about premature aging or that saggy skin can result in double chin. any suggestions if I should get it done or not? has anyone done it after 25 or early 30?

• 3 weeks later...
so, I decided to contact few clinics like tfd, banobagi, id, ad etc. and so far, most of them said that I won’t get any skin sagging. id said even I have it, most probably it’d be very minimal, but honestly, I don’t really believe them. looks like they are ready to say anything in order to get a patient. banobagi said that due to my skin type (caucasian) I’m more inclined to skin sagging (and also according to my pics that I sent them, they said that most probably I’d need threadlift in 6 months after I get v-line). so, I’m still considering if I really need it. all clinics offered discounts and prices are quite different. at ad and banobagi they were the highest. ad said they had the best surgeons (no explanations to prove it, so far every clinic said they have the best surgeons lol) and at banobagi they said that I’ll be operated by the chief surgeon (and if I don’t trust, they can film the process from the very beginning to the very end, which made it a bit more understandable).
still questioning myself if it’s worth it?

I also want v line so I digged a little into this topic. what I found out about sagging is that you will more likely get it if you are over 30 years old and you skin elasticity is low,or if you have a lot of fat on your cheeks. So I want to add acculift to my surgery just in case :biggrin:

Please do question it a LOT, and I mean that with love. I’ve seen so many horror story style reviews with photo and videos about sagging after fc, doctors warning against it like on RealSelf, as well as countless threads on here about it having gone wrong like deep premature sagging showing up years later. I’m not saying don’t do it, as it’s your body and I’m sure you’re putting a lot of research into it all. Just really take your time with this until you’re fully satisfied with your choice - wishing you the best :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Here id has a bad reputation. You should ask them for real clients to talk to or find them on the forum from those clinics or on real self however they can be fake too. Even Regen the coordinator Suyen said for the 30% off she said will you write the review or we can write it for you? So it is clear they write people’s reviews
Can you show us your jaw and see if you really need it ? It is quite severe surgery and the numbness is unpleasant and dr oh did it to me without my consent

When I asked my clinic, they told me their biggest competitor for local patients is ID hospital. I also know someone who did multiple surgeries at ID and is happy with her results. But on this forum there are indeed a lot of mention about bad experiences at both ID and Banobagi so also consider that. Personally if I had to choose between ID and Banobagi I'd choose ID hospital.

• 3 weeks later...
chose banobagi over id as they seemed to me to be the most trustworthy. recently saw a post saying that id is blacklisted and that a patient died during (or after) v-line and that definitely rang the bell to me. plus, banobagi sent me lot of results with similar to my case patients and they were really impressive. not sure about dates yet but already made a deposit lol. the cost is around $11k but it doesn’t really bothers me as long as I’ll be under dr.oh changhyun knife. wish me a good luck please!