BeautyHacker

Double jaw surgery side effect

Hello! I'm planning on getting v-line surgery and double jaw in Korea but i have one question for anyone who might have experience or knowledge.i want to get double jaw for maximum results but i have a perfect bite and no gummy smile,doctors have just recommended it for better results because i have very square jaw and Long face.BUT some have told me that with double jaw,although I'll be able to achieve midface shortening,as a result my teeth will show less when i smile, which actually makes sense.tge thing is some say it will happen, some say it won't and that it depends on technique and skills.so i don't know who to believe... anyone with personal experience or knowledge?

• 2 weeks later...
my sister had DJS to reduce face length and to correct her bite. her teeth did show less and also her nose had changed; it got shortened and wider. the skin that stretched over her face had to go somewhere so it spread out.

she also had nerve damage for a while, and it’s common to lose feeling for some areas of your face. not sure if she recovered those nerves yet or at all. i remember her just accepting her fate and it was heart breaking.

i would be careful with DJS and v line because i think a lot of plastic surgeons downplay on the potential side effects or don’t bother mentioning them at all. it’s a dangerous and high risk surgery... just warning you.

Thank you for your reply!did the surgery shorten her face?was it worth it?

Yes it shortened her face successfully, but was it worth it? Not sure...
My sister was pretty distressed with her results but I think she later just accepted it for what it was. She only had revisions when it came to the screws on her jaw getting dissolved and her bone shaving being over-corrected, so there was a lot of mistakes made. I think she had to do revisions 4 times. The only reason why we could "afford it" was because her surgery was for health issues, so it was covered by our healthcare program.

I think she's just glad she doesn't need to be in a hospital again, she seems to be doing better now.

Can you tell us which clinic she went to?