BeautyHacker

Going to f2f consultation to 4 clinics in Korea - Please share your exp!

Hey everyone. So after spending a long time just thinking about getting things done, I decided to finally get consultations for breast augmentation, rhinoplasty & eyes (front, side and maybe lower cantho). I got online consults only but getting f2f soon. Let me know if there’s anything you want to check with me before I go there!

I’ve been living in South Korea for 2+ years. I'm working on my M.D. here and I decided before leaving Korea next year, to get a surgery since it holds a nice reputation for plastic surgery. Ironically it’s a good time for me now since I can just stay at home the whole time after surgery XD.

Anyway, I did some research during the weekend and got online consultations - I chose 4 clinics to go for f2f consultation, all prob by next week.

1. Regen – The consultant was pretty detailed but I found their quotes to be a little too high. However I know that Dr. Park there is quite famous. I heard that one of their doctors are pretty proficient in English also. A friend’s friend got her nose job here and I heard that hers turned out well. If their prices are lower, I may have leaned towards Regen for eyes and nose but right now I am not so sure – please share if you had any discount experience!

2. Opera – The consultant was polite, but I felt like some information was only available if I decided to visit f2f. I didn’t want to go in for a f2f consultation unless I was pretty sure about getting the surgery, since they’ll try to convince me to do surgery at their hospital and I didn’t want to feel pushed or anything. The consultant was pushing me to book f2f most of the time. The price is good here though. I personally liked Opera’s eyes. Nose seems too dramatic but for eyes I do like dramatic results. I think I will go to Opera last if they are pushy – please share if you’ve been to Opera!

3. Nana - The consultant was very professional, the quote for breast was a bit high (nose and eyes are alright) but apparently they had a very specialized breast surgery method that doesn't make you wear blood tube and the healing is easier (shower from day 2)! I heard Dr. Hwang is really popular for breast so I asked for a discount with him (he has higher rate than other doctors) and they offered me a bit in the end. I know the most important thing is the result, safety measures, then price but I can't say that price isn't an issue for me. They had nose & eyes promo so the price could be balanced there. So for breast I think I’m quite bent on Nana and then it’s the only place I can get all surgeries done at once. I also had two friends who got eyes & nose done here so I kind of trust them, but I am just not yet 100% sure with clinic for eyes & nose. I’m quite looking forward to this consultation though. Anyone got eyes done at Nana?

4. View – View has been really popular on forums – I kept seeing their names so I was interested in getting consultation with them. So the online consultation was alright – I felt View was not as professional as Nana or Regen in terms of how they spoke to me but they were friendly and the consultation itself was not bad. Their prices are very similar to Nana. They gave me their Instagram but after viewing their before and after pictures I kind of felt their style didn’t really match with what I wanted for my nose. Also, View and Opera was one of the older clinics, and I wanted to go to a reputable clinic, but also one that keeps things fresh and up to date, so I was leaning more towards Nana and Regen. I will still go to the consultation since I’ve always been curious about View. I think View will be quite fancy inside the building XD.

Please share any opinion & experience of yours – will really really appreciate all of your comments!

P.S. In terms of nose, I want a natural looking nose, not too curvy but also not too straight and stiff looking– lol hope the doctors will be able to understand what I mean. Anyone want the same nose as me? or got the nose that I want from surgery? Thank you in advance!

Well everyone can interpret it differently, even if she didn't mean it that way. But that's how I felt compared to other clinics.

Hey! First of all, I’m not sure if you were at Regen in real, bc as far as I know they have 2 chief surgeons working with foreign patients and I had consultations with both of them! And I can definitely say, that they don’t have any surgeon named dr.Park or whatever!!!
From my experience (I had consultations at ID, Opera, Regen, View and going to see some other) Regen has the most adequate price-quality-expectations ratio. The surgeon who’s fluent in English – Dr.Oh and he’s the best for FC among all other surgeons I’ve ever met. He’s smart, extremely skilled and experienced and most importantly – very passionate in what he’s doing!
The second surgeon – Dr.Lee (although, I’m planning to get only pri aug rhino and des with him, not breast augmentation), doesn’t speak English but their consultant translated every single word so I didn’t miss anything and to be honest I felt no inconvenience or language barriers.
As for discount options, I still don’t understand how come they didn’t tell you, but here what they offered to me – 20% once I book my surgery and addition 5-10% if I let them use my before and after pics for their website, sns whatever (which is actually turning out to be quite a great deal, since the total discount I’m talking here about is gonna be few k’s).
Also, I contacted Opera and in my case, the consultant never pushed me to come (perhaps, they did so with you bc of lack of patients due to corona virus LOL). Nana – well, have never considered them (I did see few posts about their results but most of them were about ba and since I have no interest in it, have nothing to say). ID is already blacklisted here (even no need to explain why). As for View – yeah, I agree here with you, the consultant was quite rude and didn’t seem professional enough for me too.
I’m also planning to see TFD and DA but most probably will proceed what I want with Regen.

Oops, I must've confused the doctor names. Korean surnames are pretty similar and there are too many doctor Jangs, Parks, Kims, etc. As for your description of the surgeons, I wouldn't know if anyone is passionate in their work or not just by having one consultation with them. Most of these surgeons are probably pretty competent and know what they're doing and are pretty passionate at their jobs, but the important thing is to find someone who would be able to give me the results that "I" want.
I get that you had a pleasant time at Regen, but no need to get pushy with your opinions.

Regen is horrible. the aftercare is awful too. Dr. Oh did my two jaw , genioplasty and changed a mini v line to full v line without my consent when I was under anesthesia. Dr. Lee did my arm liposuction he cannot speak English at all and when I asked him what happened to me under iv anesthesia when they knocked out my veneer he said he didn’t know , I said weren’t you there he just look confused. One arm is skinnier than the other even though he said the other arm had more fat. avoid Regen.
it’s probably better you stay in America

I saw your other post. I'm so sorry that happened. That's so irresponsible what he did. It's terrible that these plastic surgeons don't take any responsibilities for their mistakes. I'm already in Korea, but I'll probably look into it a bit more before getting myself these surgeries.

Yes it’s been horrible. Please reconsider going there.

• 4 weeks later...
please let us know how ur surgery went. im looking into nana as well. may i ask how much they quoted you for breast augmentation, rhinoplasty and eyes? thanks :smile:

Haven't you seen review about Dr.Oh? I have never been consulted with him but from what I heard, it seems quite bad...