BeautyHacker

Timeframe for traveling korea + getting a rhinoplasty

Hi everyone,
I'm planning to travel to korea for vacation next year and also getting a rhinoplasty while I'm there.

I would have planned to take around three weeks solely for sightseeing, shopping and travelling the country. Now I know that it is advised to stay for 14 days after a rhinoplasty for recovery. So would it be a good idea to travel for 3 weeks + stay for 2 weeks for the surgery? Or should I get the rhinoplasty first and travel afterwards? I'm worried that I will be very bruised and not as fit after the surgery and I want to enjoy my travel of course :smile: Are 14 days generally enough and on the safe side or do some people take longer to recover? I'm aware that it can take like a year to show the final result of the nose but I'm mainly concerned about looking normal and presentable enough to walk around in public all day.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure yet. I like the B&A's from Hanabi, DA, Zestar and Eight Ps so far. So I'll probably get consultations with them, I want a natural look. How about you? :smile:

I need to look somewhere that is good in revision rhinoplasty as well. They told me to wait atleast a year that’s why I can go only next year are you planning to use any agency ?

Hi @lightspeed , when I did my rhinoplasty in 2015 I flew home after about 10 days in Korea. On my last checkup, Dr Suh commented that I am taking a long time to deswell. I still had the under-eye hollowness, swelled nose, and a bit of bruising under my eyes etc. But it wasn't too bad, I still looked normal, just very tired (lol). From my perspective, I'd rather do the surgery first and then travel the country afterwards. You could possibly get more prolonged aftercare from the clinic/hospital in Korea, and unless you meet someone you're very familiar with when you're travelling, you'll look normal to everyone else after about 10 days. I think the season you go in is also important. I went in summer and it was hot! I've heard that doing PS in the cool season is better as deswelling is faster, but if you want to travel, there'll be a trade-off with the cold.

I heard Cocoline is good at revisions, maybe you can check out that clinic. It's a small local one. No I'm not going to use an agency, I know some korean and would take a korean friend with me if I don't understand everything :smile:

Thank you, this is very helpful! Good point about the aftercare and weather. I generally want to avoid summers in korea because the humidity is just too much for me :biggrin: If 10-14 days are enough to look presentable it might really be better to get it over with first

Thanks for your information I wish I know someone like you I don’t know a soul there so I don’t have any options...

• 2 weeks later...
I somehow expected the swelling to be brutal lol.