BeautyHacker

Facial Contouring & pricing

Hello everyone! I want to hear how much it costed you for your facial contour surgery (at any clinic) to get a baseline. Have you experienced sagging or side effects as well afterwards?
Also, if any of you had experience with Dr. Oh at Banobagi, how was it? I am really considering Banobag due to their drastic, yet natural looking results.
Also if there is any surgery group for this year to Korea, I'll be interested to join! (Whatsapp. wechat, etc) Thank you.

for cheekbone jaw and chin i was quoted
dream: 22M KRW (with room to bargain)
ilumips: 15M
nana: 21M (room to bargain but not with their main doctor dr kim)
hope this helps :smile:

Thank you choukette!! Very helpful.

BTW I was thinking of face contouring but reading all the contouring gone wrong (skin sagging, muscles being cut and not reattaching properly, nerve damage, etc) and after effects doesn't seem to be worth it
In Korea its easy to go get thread lifting for the skin sagging after FC since it's everywhere, but I need to consider the upkeep when I'm back in USA, it's not as easy to just waltz into a clinic where they are not well versed in doing it, not to mention pricey here!

We don't know how the aging process will look with your skull shaved off later down the years, and the tissue placement. Plus, your bone loses density down the line.

I'm thinking of maybe getting a chin implant would be less risk to help balance my face and although my face is wide already, with fat grafting, eye and nose surgery will balance it better? :sad:

I was thinking of using Botox to slim my face instead. Less risk.
One of the Singaporean bloggers I've been following forever, Celestina Tiew says she's been using botox for years and its what helped slim her face down, no surgery needed.

If you are in Singapore you can quote her name for $100 off at Lloyd's Medical for Botox (but I'm in the states, so I will look for a clinic here) I've attached her before and after pics.

If anyone gets botox for face slimming, or had facial contouring would love to know how it's going for you. I would absolutely love to get facial contouring, but the risks are so real. :sad: I would love to hear insight and thoughts on this.
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 7.54.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 7.52.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 7.49.43 PM.png

Yeah go for botox. I had jaw reduction and genioplasty and deeply regret it. I didn't have it done in Korea but in Europe. I wish I didn't have it done at all or chose a different surgeon. I think changing the shape of the face is very risky and there's always a chance it can go wrong.

I got botox for face slimming and it worked well. My left cheek was much larger than the right and my face shape was square, botox helped me smooth out the asymmetry and reduce jaw angles. But the effect didn’t last long, so I had to do it again. However I can’t say that I got a perfect V line shape. My face still wide due to excess fat. Unfortunately, botox can’t solve fat problem:sad: But it definitely made my face better.

Thank you for being very brave and sharing your story. I appreciate your input, you are helping many make an informed decision about the pros and cons of proceeding with facial contouring.

I see, how long were you doing it? For Celestina, she says she's been doing it since 19 (think she is in her late 20s now) every 4- 6 months (and if you see her before pics, her face was much wider) and her jaw muscle has slimmed significantly over time

Yes its true the results don't last long, but I would not mind going for that upkeep, at least it is not like threadlifting and botox is less invasive and risky.

Let's say average cost of botox is $500 per session. I am 28 this year.

Botox 3x a year = $1500. 10 year cost = $15000. results are temporary and effective, does not cause muscle sagging and leaves the skull intact, however may be linked to brain changes, potential dementia change?

Face contouring - (got quoted $18000 at a wellknown clinic - now $14000 with discount)
On top of that, subsequent threadlifting sessions when I age where skin naturally lose their elasticity + possible lifelong complications by cutting into bone and muscle - $$$$

So when I turn 40 years old, there are these factors to consider from both ends.
They both come closely in cost... I am still considering many factors right now. But this is what has shown up during my research. Feel free to share anything else.
Screenshot_20200406-210205.png

Whatever face shape you have is the shape you should love. Yes you can have V line but it doesn't always go right and there's that what if it goes very wrong. Forget cost, you can always make money and if you don't want to continue spending on botox then leave your face alone. I am now on the other side of the fence and honestly, I wish I can go back to how I was before surgery. I now have many years to come to live with a face shape I do not like and recognise. It's torture for me everyday. Unless you have jaws and chin bigger than a man then yes take the risks otherwise no. And I think there are very few surgeons who actually care about helping people since most see patients as bags of money. It is a luxurious lifestyle for surgeons so money makes them greedy and lose all human empathy.

I got botox only for the second time a month ago. I can say that this time the effect came faster. My jaw changes a lot with botox, you definitely should try it for yourself

Yes, I will after I get my surgeries later this year, gonna opt out of contouring

I did facial contouriing and this is my thoughts:

If your current problem/issue > potential risks => consider doing it and do proper research of where you want to do it to reduce the chance of your surgery going wrong.
If your current problem/issue < potential risks => maybe reconsider about doing it because it might not be necessary.

I also hesitated a lot when I saw people sharing about the side effect (sagging) or how it went wrong for them (nerve damage, wrong cut,...). But my cheekbone was so protruding it makes me look a lot older, I felt like it was a bigger problem than some skin sagging so I still went for the surgery. At the moment I think my surgery didn't go wrong, and I'm still preparing myself for the potential side effect of sagging even though I haven't experienced it yet.

Oh wow... that's quite a lot... do they offer any discount options?

Oh wow... that's quite a lot... do they offer any discount options?

I’ve heard about him, quite good doctor but I went to Dr.Oh from regen. Proceeded zygoma reduction there and the result looks just amazing, now planning a V-line too. Someone wrote a bad review about regen, but my experience with him was great. Worth to at least meet him once :smile: