BeautyHacker

Korea in late August or September

I’m planning to go to South Korea at either of the end of August or September For surgery. It depends on some things like hoping my passport will be done and sent to me by then. I was wondering is anyone else thinking about going to South Korea in either of these months for 2020.

Cool! Same here I’m hoping the traveling Bsn would be lifted as well may I ask how long are you guys staying and what clinic have you guys decided. I was hoping we can hangout together!

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 7.54.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 7.49.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 7.52.19 PM.png
BTW I was thinking of face contouring but reading all the contouring gone wrong (skin sagging, muscles being cut and not reattaching properly, nerve damage, etc) and after effects doesn't seem to be worth it
In Korea its easy to go get thread lifting for the skin sagging after FC since it's everywhere, but I need to consider the upkeep when I'm back in USA, it's not as easy to just waltz into a clinic where they are not well versed in doing it, not to mention pricey here!

We don't know how the aging process will look with your skull shaved off later down the years, and the tissue placement. Plus, your bone loses density down the line.

I'm thinking of maybe getting a chin implant would be less risk to help balance my face and although my face is wide already, with fat grafting, eye and nose surgery will balance it better? :sad:

I was thinking of using Botox to slim my face instead. Less risk.
One of the Singaporean bloggers I've been following forever, Celestina Tiew says she's been using botox for years and its what helped slim her face down, no surgery needed.

If you are in Singapore you can quote her name for $100 off at Lloyd's Medical for Botox (but I'm in the states, so I will look for a clinic here) I've attached her before and after pics.

If anyone gets botox for face slimming, or had facial contouring would love to know how it's going for you. I would absolutely love to get facial contouring, but the risks are so real. :sad: I would love to hear insight and thoughts on this.

I’m planning to go during that time frame too (If restrictions lifts up) for around 3-4 weeks but I’m thinking wannabe! Staying with my sister but she works so I’m definitely looking for surgeries buddy to hang out with/check out other clinics with :smile:!

I got botox over a few years for wide masseter muscles. I grind my teeth at night but I only got occassional headaches, also I wore protective retainers over my teeth post-braces which also protected my teeth from the grinding. So the botox was really more for aesthetic reasons. Botox resulted in a noticeable difference in my lower face width.

I am currently at the stage where I barely inject Botox anymore because when I clench my teeth, I no longer get a noticeable "pop-up" of muscle. I am currently looking into facial contouring! Namely square jaw reduction and a facial lipo/accusculpt for a more mature look. I have a masculine jawline under the ears, and I want to also reduce the front appearance a bit. That's just my thoughts for now hehe.

I also wanted to add that on my last visit to Korea in 2019, I also got an "outline injection" near the chin area, which was recommended by the dermatologist at the ToxnFill clinic in Myeongdong. The doctor showed me the box before she injected, but I couldn't read it as it's in Korean. I think it's some sort of lipolysis injection and I noticed a slimmer front appearance after that. Our soft tissue and skin covers our bones, so even if you reduce the bones via facial contouring, to get a desired result, I think it is also important to look at how our faces are constructed, facial fat, etc. There are "petit" procedures you might want to consider which are less invasive than facial contouring.

Hi! I'm also thinking of going to Korea this fall/summer to get rhino, acculift and something with my chin. I feel like my chin and jawline aren't that defined, so I was thinking of chin implants too but I read so much about how many risks there are, and I sort of chickened out! Apparantly there are more complications from chin implants than sliding genioplasty, and that's when the actually cutting your bone.
So, I'm thinking of just getting some fillers done for now, if they don't work you can dissolve them afterwards right? If anyone else knows more about the subject, please let me know!

Also, I will probably be going alone, so if anyone else wants to chat about the clinics and hang out, let me know!

I think chin implants are a lot less risk than having it defined through bone shaving. You can take it out if you don't like it, or if any complications happen (reversible) compared to potentially being debilitated forever or sagging. That's my 2 cents