BeautyHacker

Nose job implants

Aw, no one replied.. Well from what I know, silicone is pretty safe and it rarely has complications regarding infections. If it did, it wouldn't be popular, but it's most widely used so...Some people don't like the idea of inserting something foreign into the body so they opt for rib cartilage, but I am actually really against it. Because rib cartilage also has possibility of infection, possibly higher than silicone implants. And they don't support the bridge as well as silicone so your nose can start drooping down at the end.

I agree with your opinion much and the post said similar opinion as well.
Thank you for your explains

Never put implants in the nose. Why would you do that when you can use a graft cartilage from the back of the ears. Your ears won’t be distorted or have any visibility of any graft taken.
So it’s ideal. You can also use rib graft which is standard as well. Implant in nose can get infected and sometimes poke out through the skin. It’s such a old fashion way of doing a nose job.

Hi, I'm also in a similar position of debating if I want to go with an implant or not but right now I'm leaning towards no.

It seems like western doctors prefer to use materials from your own body like rib and korean doctors favor silicone. I've done a bit of research (unfortunately my korean isn't very good so it takes a while lol) at it seems like most korean doctors say that the modern, I-shaped ultra soft silicone has a low rate of complication and doesn't need to be replaced once placed in the body. There are many studies that show a high complication rate such as extrusion, thinning of the skin, getting crooked but apparently those were for the older L-shaped implants.

When I spoke to korean people who got their nose done though they pretty much all say that everyone does it with the mindset that the implant has to be taken out and replaced eventually so you need to do multiple surgeries :/

My nose is not super high but also not low so that's why I would prefer surgery without an implant. If you want to raise your nose bridge there are different options from silicone but they all have their disadvantages too, there is no perfect fix unfortunately.

I think eat cartilage is the best option as ear is consider soft bone in my opinion, I’m going to do my rhinoplasty strictly eat cartilage. Like u, I also do not want complication with silicone. There is always risk of infection. Rib is definitely too much for me. I won’t want that

I had my primary augmentation rhinoplasty with silicone implant and so far I do feel great and nose looks gorgeous. had it done at regen ps with dr lee and when asked him if it’s safe enough (was worried just like you), he said that it’s totally safe! I also considered an ear cartilage, but he suggested to use it for my tip instead (just a teeny tiny piece). well, pretty satisfied with how everything came out

I would like to add in that grafts of ear/rib cartilage can sometimes be absorbed into the body and leave an uneven shape, or drooping etc. Some members here have had severe absorption issues where they had to get a revision rhino because of that. Additionally, at times there can be rejection issues if the graft isn't from your own body. Just some things to keep in mind along your guys' research! Best of luck!

I had goretex on my primary. My revisional doctor had a hard time removing it. How do I know? Because I had local anesthesia during revision and I felt him tugging the implant the whole time. So I would not recommend goretex for the long run. (Mine was implanted for 5 years) The second one that I have is Semi- soft silicone. It does not look fake at all. Ultra soft silicone could be too flimsy on other people. That is why it was not recommended to me. The nose bridge needs to be stable to withstand any accidental hits, if not the tip will collapse. Never use an L-shaped silicone. It's the worst. And ear cartilage is only used on tips.
Just a tip:
You have to know what you want and assess your nose shape thoroughly.
Is your nose tip just bulbous? Then just do tipplasty.
Are your alars only flaring? Then just do alarplasty.
You can check if you like the height of your bridge by taking a side-view picture.
If you like what you see then no need to change it. Less implants in your body, less risks of an infection.

Thank you for sharing your experiences dear

Not sure if this still helps you, but I did got my rhinoplasty done with I silicone, but I also used my own cartilage. Its been about 7 months since my surgery, and so far its still great. I hope I dont need to remove my silicone after few years like the above post. ): I also saw about L silicone when I was doing my research, but it seems like they dont use L silicone anymore.