BeautyHacker

Male - Double Eyelid Surgery

I am an Asian male (mid-20s) thinking about getting double eyelid surgery. I don't have monolids but my eyelids are asymmetrical - one of them has multiple folds and the other has what I believe is an epicanthal fold (below are two photos). To be honest, I don't think the asymmetry is too noticeable because when I mention it to my friends, they all say they never noticed it before.

I have a few questions about DES:
  • I think I will have to get incisional DES (but not completely sure). Will the scarring go away? It seems there are mixed results regarding the scarring. I don't wear make-up and so there is nothing to hide the scars
  • Will people be able to tell I had DES? I read that when you close your eyes, the scar is visible which is a tell-tale sign - anything else?
  • I am thinking of asking for a low crease - is there anything else that I need to specify for a natural result?
  • Do I need ptosis correction?
Thank you!

Hi!

I just got DES done yesterday so I’ll update you on my progress in regards to scarring. It was incisional but was to transform my monolids to double. I also got ptosis correction and epicanthoplasty (heard it scars slower than rest of lid.
Don’t have much experience with multiple crease.
I don’t think you need ptosis correction because I can see most of your pupils and it doesn’t seem like your eyelids are drooping down. I have ptosis so I can only see 75% of my vision. However, if you feel like your levator muscles (the muscles that lift up your eyelids) are weak, then you might need ptosis correction. Dr will have to examine you f2f.
Hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks for the reply :smile:

I hope the healing goes well. Did the doctor say anything about the scarring? Also, please let me know how long it takes for the swelling to go down enough for you to show your face in public - I'm a bit worried about returning to work haha.

Scarring depends on how good your body does with scarring is what they told me. If you are younger, it heals quicker. As for scarring goes, should expect to not scar at all in the lid crease area. He told me it will look like natural double eyelids. For the inner corners, scarring will be slower because it’s more sensitive. But it will eventually go away and look natural and normal. I think about a week or so you’re good to go back to work (I have that same concern and asked the doctor about this). You can physically work in 3 days but people will know you got it done. Wait until about a week and once you get your stitches out (5-7 days post-op), it should get better from there. Hope that helps!