BeautyHacker

Asian eyelid surgery

Hope it helps!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone! Thanks for this super informative thread. I've been researching online for double eyelid surgery, and so far, haven't come across too much information on Houston.

Houston
Does anyone know if there is a good double eyelid surgeon in Houston? I did one consult here with a doctor, and it had to have been some kind of joke - she refused to show me a SINGLE picture of anyone she has operated on, saying that it was violation of privacy laws. Then when I asked her how many surgeries she had done, she didn't really answer straight.... errr, I'm guessing that would be none then? I practically ran out of there. Her fee was like $2000 or something also, which I found really questionable for a doctor with no experience.

Other Areas to Try
I guess I'm willing to travel for the surgery, because I don't want to risk a bad surgery on MY FACE (it's important and not worth a few hundred dollars to mess up on!) I'm seeing that LA area and Korea seem to be the best options... though travelling to Korea seems significantly more expensive than staying in the US (but maybe not, am I wrong here?) Can someone give me some ideas of doctors to try. I'd like to stay within a reasonable price range, but I'd still like excellent results. Driving distance from Houston would be ideal, or Boston area where I can stay with friends.... neither of which is LA or Korea lol. Someone recommended Dr. Flowers in Hawaii to me, but he's retired :sad:

DST or Incision?
I guess this is a mini poll. Which one did you all choose? And which one is preferable? I'd like permanent results, as I hope only to get this surgery done once. But I'd also like minimal downtime if possible. Do both results look the same?

Returning to Work
How much time do you need to book off work? From the pictures I'm seeing, it looks like you need at least a week bc the scars are errr.... gorey. And I don't think I can pull off sunglasses at my desk job!! What was your experience?

Thanks so much! :smile:

Hey Kimosa, how did your revision surgery go? I'm thinking of getting the same done but not sure where to go and which doctor. Any recommendations?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

Is been a long time I didn't login to check out this thread.
I've some info to share with u all ladies on patients result who had Beauty Enhancement with BK DongYang Plastic Surgery Clinic in Seoul.
And also upcoming trip dates too :smile:

Here's the link to my Blog :
http://jang-elaine.xanga.com/
http://jang-elaine.blogspot.com/

If any query do email me ya;)

Hey all,

This is just an update on my trip to seoul. Im currently about 6 weeks post op. I went to VIP clinic and asked for a parallel large crease =]

Even though its not very large, it was the biggest he could give me and it does suit me.

I would highly recommend this clinic. I think one of the most important aspects is that they do provide really good customer service and i think thats whats really important for us foreign patients. The staff have a good command of english and they are always so willing to help =]

Im still swallon and still feel numbness but this is all the stages post op.

There are many clinics in seoul so choosing one becomes really hard especially with all these people telling you different things but i thought id just put it out there that VIP is a good choice.:smile:

Hi, I'm so excited to find out this forum. I'm from Toronto and plannig to go to Seoul for revision eyelidplasty maybe in Sept, currently looking for the best surgeon there. My biggest concern is the scar from 1st surgery.

As the result, I heard that Dr. Cho In Chang at Bandoeye plastic surgery clinic is the most experience doctor who's specialized in eye area (revision), and also the most expensive too. Does anyone know about this doctor? His web -- www.bandoeyeps.com

Anyone planning to go to Seoul this year?

sakura123 Oh! I just got your message :smile:. Let me research a bit more on that dr. and I'll get back to you. Can you read chinese? I could only find a couple before and afters for eyes on that website :sad:. Talk to you soon :smile:!

Do asian eyes hollow out with age? I already have double eyelids but i have some fat that overhangs my eye and my epicantal fold is too prominent. I don't wanna go for surgery but hopefully when I raise the bridge of the nose it will pull the skin closer together and not block so much of my eye

http://skin-care.health-cares.net/epicanthal-folds.php

^^i think it really depends on how much you raise the bridge. I was told by other doctors that the skin on the epicanthal fold will change dramatically if you raise the bridge, but my other doctor said the change will be very minimal. I know my first day out of surgery when my nose was super swollen, the epicanthal fold was noticeably less, because there was so much swelling that the excess skin was getting pulled up. now my nose is less swollen now(5 days in) and it looks like the epicanthal fold is going back to where it was before surgery. I'll continue updating, but I would get nose surgery first, then after that reevaluate if you need something done to epicanthal fold. People have different anatomies, sometimes an epicanthal fold is due to an excessively flat nose bridge.

BTW, does anyone know if there is a type of product that exists to make the epicanthal fold less apparent? I know there is something for double eyelids, but does a parallel product exist for epi?